Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,224 members, 7,815,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

The Dos And Don’ts Of Business Email Etiquette Few Things Can Tarnish Your Prof - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Dos And Don’ts Of Business Email Etiquette Few Things Can Tarnish Your Prof (306 Views)

The Dos And Don'ts Of Applying For A Tech Internship / The Dos And Don’ts Of Business Email Etiquette / The Dos And Don’ts Of Business Email Etiquette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Dos And Don’ts Of Business Email Etiquette Few Things Can Tarnish Your Prof by Researchclue: 9:45am On Mar 03, 2020
The Dos and Don’ts of Business Email Etiquette

Few things can tarnish your professional brand quite like a poorly written, misguided email. Whether you’re a senior professional or an office newbie, here are 13 must-remember dos and don’ts of business email etiquette.

1. Do Pay Attention to The Subject Line
Write a clear, concise subject line that reflects the body of the email. Avoid subject lines with general words like, “Hi,” “Touching Base,” or “FYI,” and do not leave the subject line blank.

2. Do Use a Proper Salutation
“Hi” and “Hey” communicate a lack of professionalism and maturity. Begin your email with phrases such as “Good morning,” “Good afternoon,” “Good evening,” or “Hello.” “Good day” or “Greetings” are other phrases used frequently in the international arena.

3. Do Use an Introduction. eg. “My name is Sharon Schweitzer and I am an International Business Expert writing to you about . . .”
4. Do Know The Culture
5. Don’t Include Humor and Sarcasm
6. Do Double-Check Your Attachments
7. Don’t Hit “Reply All”
8. Do Reply Expediently
Replying within 24 hours is common courtesy. Leave someone hanging for any longer and you are not only perceived as rude
9. Don’t Use Emojis

10. Do Protect Privacy
11. Don’t Be Negative
12. Do Proofread
13. Don’t Forget the Conversation Closer
By letting the recipient know that a response isn’t needed, the email cycle doesn’t continue on in perpetuity. Close with “No reply necessary,” “Thank you again,” “See you at the board meeting Tuesday” or “Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.” End your email with a closing such as “Best,” “Best Regards,” “Sincerely,” “Thank you” or another appropriate phrase

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Affordable Perfume Oils / Nairaland Should Have A Personal Message Service(pm) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.