Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

What Is The Difference Between A 'limited'company And 'unlimited' One? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Is The Difference Between A 'limited'company And 'unlimited' One? (1116 Views)

What Is The Difference Between A Current Account And A Savings Account? / Difference Between Mastercard, Verve And Visa? / What Is The Difference Btw Treasury Bill And Fixed Deposit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Difference Between A 'limited'company And 'unlimited' One? by Nobody: 12:23pm On Mar 03, 2020
GLO,usually pride themselves as 'unlimited'&have used that slogan over the years for commercial purposes. Were i'm confused right now is that dangote company,a bigger firm than GLO,uses 'limited'. Could it be GLO is a bigger firm?
Re: What Is The Difference Between A 'limited'company And 'unlimited' One? by dollyj1996(m): 12:46pm On Mar 03, 2020
first u must note that d slogan used by glo i.e unlimited is just a way of quantifying their services to d masses as this is different from being a limited and unlimited company...a company is said to b limited if in case of liquidation (close down) the debt of the company will only be limited or paid from only d shares of d shareholders but in d case of unlimited company if d company should liquidate debt will not only be paid from shares of shareholders but wil use personal properties of d shareholders to settle the debt.... i think we have few unlimited liabilities companies
Re: What Is The Difference Between A 'limited'company And 'unlimited' One? by MightySparrow: 12:53pm On Mar 03, 2020
Simple: 'un' lol i am waiting to learn too
Re: What Is The Difference Between A 'limited'company And 'unlimited' One? by LeoThaGreat(m): 12:53pm On Mar 03, 2020
To simplify

A limited company has "Limited Liabilities"; this means when the company is in trouble, its troubles are limited to whatever the company owns, and doesn't extend to the assets of its shareholders and owners.

TYPES OF LIMITED LIABILITY COMPANY (LLC)
1. Private limited liability company (Ltd.) e.g Globacom Ltd.
2. Public limited liability company (PLC) e.g Dangote Sugar PLC

Sole proprietorship, a.k.a one-man business is an example of an unlimited liability company. This is because when the company gets in trouble, it will affect not only the company but the assets of the business owner(s).

I hope I've been elaborate enough?

A Commerce textbook or Google search will enlighten you further

(1) (Reply)

Re: Oil Has not become Useless yet !!! / Peropoliet exchange / How To Earn $10 And Up To $100 From Eureka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.