Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,920 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

The Punchous Punch Of The Punch Newspaper Against Enugu Education Sector Reforms - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Punchous Punch Of The Punch Newspaper Against Enugu Education Sector Reforms (689 Views)

Supreme Court Dismisses APC/Nnaji's Suit Against Enugu Gov, upholds Mbah / Traders Protest Against Enugu Government For Sealing Ogbete Market / Ohanaeze Denies Calling For One Million-Man Match Against Enugu Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Punchous Punch Of The Punch Newspaper Against Enugu Education Sector Reforms by Spiritualism: 2:48pm On Mar 03, 2020
RE: CONFUSION AS MECHANICS, PUPILS BATTLE FOR SPACE IN ENUGU CRUMBLING SCHOOL

BY Brown Justice

I read the feature story published in The Punch Newspaper of March 2nd, 2020, in which the news medium claimed that mechanics, drivers and pupils are struggling for space in a primary school located in the Emene area of Enugu State with great amusement because I already know the objective, the sponsors of the story seeks to achieve.

However, anyone that have closely followed news developments from Enugu State in the past six months would have noticed that there is a deliberate and sustained efforts by some politicians and other vested interests in the state to demarket, denigrate and discredit the unprecedented and integrated developments and reforms currently going on in the Coal City State.

These are people who never want the state to make headway in creativity and innovation as well as change from bad old system to new systems as the realities of the 21st century demand.

For Instance, before the fake story was planted in the Punch Newspaper to embarrass and make mockery of the educational policy of the state government, a group of private school owners under the aegis of the National Association of Proprietors of Private Schools NAPPS had gone to the state Ministry of Education to plead with the government to rescind it's decision to close down over 100 schools that did not meet up with the requirements of the new education policy of the state government.

Below is a quote from the request made to the government by the association during their visit: ''Our people are crying because of the substandard schools that were closed ... We plead that the schools closed should be allowed to operate till the end of the session.'' see Vanguard Newspaper of February 24, 2020.

But when the ministry refused to grant their plea and insisted that August 31st, 2020 remains the deadline for schools seeking approval in the state to meet the minimum standard of the state government or be shut down, Nigerians began to see planted stories against the education policies of the government in the media.

For Example, the sponsored fake news story claimed that 50 percent of the primary schools in Enugu State had no toilets, water, library, perimeter fence, chairs, books and security with leaky roofs where pupils sits on bare flour for learning.

Claims like these are nothing but false as the state is among the leading states in Nigeria with special focus on the primary and post primary schools in the country.

That is why the state's education sector gets over 60 percent of the capital expenditure vote of it's yearly budgets wheras the United Nations Scientific, Educational and Cultural Organisation UNESCO benchmark for developing nations is 30 percent.

Because the fake news story carries the Voice of Jacob but bears the Hands of Esau, this writer cannot outrightly say that NAPPS is behind it because expired politicians in the state who are looking for relevance have always tried to use special sentiments to hoodwink and incite the people against the government of the day.

Therefore, Nigerians should honourably disregard the planted fake story in the Punch Newspaper and other news outlets because Enugu State under the able leadership of Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi has one of the best and most conducive learning environments for primary and secondary schools in the country.

Great heights as such could only be possible because Enugu State is in the Hands of God!

Mr. Brown Justice, A Senior Media Executive writes from Achara Layout, Enugu State

Source

https://correctinfoonline./2020/03/03/re-confusion-as-mechanics-pupils-battle-for-space-in-enugu-crumbling-school/

1 Like

Re: The Punchous Punch Of The Punch Newspaper Against Enugu Education Sector Reforms by celeiyke: 2:54pm On Mar 03, 2020
Gburu Gburu remains the best governor of Enugu state. If U disagree, just no attack me otherwise arusi (nma) will visit U
Re: The Punchous Punch Of The Punch Newspaper Against Enugu Education Sector Reforms by okeyglm: 3:00pm On Mar 03, 2020
they have come again. history will not be kind to gburu gburu. pride of the East has turned to shithole of the East.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Punchous Punch Of The Punch Newspaper Against Enugu Education Sector Reforms by Spiritualism: 7:26pm On Mar 03, 2020
Gburugburu remains our leader
Re: The Punchous Punch Of The Punch Newspaper Against Enugu Education Sector Reforms by Infinixhot6: 3:17am On Mar 04, 2020
The governor is really doing his best in Enugu
Re: The Punchous Punch Of The Punch Newspaper Against Enugu Education Sector Reforms by chukel(m): 3:52am On Mar 04, 2020
The shoes left by Sullivan chime are too big for this goat of a governor. He has achieved nothing but noise making.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Punchous Punch Of The Punch Newspaper Against Enugu Education Sector Reforms by Infinixhot6: 8:48pm On Mar 04, 2020
chukel:
There shoes left by Sullivan chime are too big for this goat of a governor. He has achieved nothing but noise making.

Haba, why do you call people goat? It's wrong dear!
Re: The Punchous Punch Of The Punch Newspaper Against Enugu Education Sector Reforms by chukel(m): 8:51pm On Mar 05, 2020
Infinixhot6:

Haba, why do you call people goat? It's wrong dear!
when one does not act like a human, how should I address him? Is calling him goat not kind enough of me
Re: The Punchous Punch Of The Punch Newspaper Against Enugu Education Sector Reforms by ZombieHUNT: 8:58pm On Mar 05, 2020
celeiyke:
Gburu Gburu remains the best governor of Enugu state. If U disagree, just no attack me otherwise arusi (nma) will visit U

You are a disgrace to humanity for saying this... This is the worst governor since the history of this state...

The man just goes around doing nothing, didn't you witness the regime of chime... How he transformed Enugu..

This one is just paying salaries.... That's all
Nothing is happening anywhere

Potholes are back in ogui road.. He can't maintain the roads.,

Please return the money the propagandists gave you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Punchous Punch Of The Punch Newspaper Against Enugu Education Sector Reforms by ZombieHUNT: 9:00pm On Mar 05, 2020
Infinixhot6:
The governor is really doing his best in Enugu
you dont know where Enugu is on the map

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Punchous Punch Of The Punch Newspaper Against Enugu Education Sector Reforms by ZombieHUNT: 9:05pm On Mar 05, 2020
okeyglm:
they have come again. history will not be kind to gburu gburu. pride of the East has turned to shithole of the East.

Enugu is gone to the dogs
I visited the state Just last week and believe me
I shed tears....

I saw a state in ruins
No job creation
No projects anywhere
Just propaganda on both radio.. television and social media praising this devilish dunce

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Punchous Punch Of The Punch Newspaper Against Enugu Education Sector Reforms by Infinixhot6: 9:24pm On Mar 05, 2020
ZombieHUNT:
you dont know where Enugu is on the map

I know Enugu State very well.

I did my NYSC in the state.

I was in Enugu to attend my friend wedding last month and I saw a new city that is fully developed.

Sullivan Chime government has no human face.

In the school I serve, ladies were going to government to sleep with Chime for BlackBerry Phone and Kia Picanto car.

Chime promoted laziness among youths without job creation.

Chime could not even pay 18, 000 Minimum wage then.

So, when Ugwuanyi came on board, the people began to heave a sigh of relieve.

Enugu people are good.

I love them even if some of them where hostile to me when I was there
Re: The Punchous Punch Of The Punch Newspaper Against Enugu Education Sector Reforms by Villagemeat: 10:58pm On Mar 05, 2020
[quote author=chukel post=87198532]when one does not act like a human, how should I address him? Is calling him goat not kind enough of me[/quote) Just try and get a job before hunger finish you
Re: The Punchous Punch Of The Punch Newspaper Against Enugu Education Sector Reforms by Villagemeat: 11:00pm On Mar 05, 2020
ZombieHUNT:

Enugu is gone to the dogs
I visited the state Just last week and believe me
I shed tears....

I saw a state in ruins
No job creation
No projects anywhere
Just propaganda on both radio.. television and social media praising this devilish dunce
Can you shut up
Re: The Punchous Punch Of The Punch Newspaper Against Enugu Education Sector Reforms by Villagemeat: 11:02pm On Mar 05, 2020
chukel:
when one does not act like a human, how should I address him? Is calling him goat not kind enough of me
He is better than your generation. And you are a jobless goat
Re: The Punchous Punch Of The Punch Newspaper Against Enugu Education Sector Reforms by chukel(m): 4:09am On Mar 06, 2020
Villagemeat:
He is better than your generation. And you are a jobless goat
only offsprings of goats will support looting goats like gburugburu, ikpeazu, Theodore Orji and the rest. I know your type. Living in penury but supporting those dealing with your life. Typical goat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Punchous Punch Of The Punch Newspaper Against Enugu Education Sector Reforms by ZombieHUNT: 6:54am On Mar 06, 2020
Villagemeat:
Can you shut up
Gburu gburu is a fraud
Defending corrupt politicians looting away your future with a borrowed data....

You are worse than a village meat...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Punchous Punch Of The Punch Newspaper Against Enugu Education Sector Reforms by ZombieHUNT: 7:12am On Mar 06, 2020
Infinixhot6:

I was in Enugu to attend my friend wedding last month and I saw a new city that is fully developed.
In the school I serve, ladies were going to government to sleep with Chime for BlackBerry Phone and Kia Picanto car.
Enugu people are good.

You did One year NYSC
Well.... I lived there
Chime was God's sent to Enugu
He reconstructed the two major roads in Enugu urban.... Ogui road and okpara Avenue
He virtually touched everywhere in the state... Even coal camp... Damija... Emene.. Abakpa etc
He constructed rural roads even the one ugwuanyi is using to visit nsukka today.... The Abakpa opi road....

Apart from the fraudulent miliken hill less than 15 km.... Tell me what ugwuanyi did in road construction
Re: The Punchous Punch Of The Punch Newspaper Against Enugu Education Sector Reforms by helinues: 7:22am On Mar 06, 2020
The Punchous Punch Of The Punch Newspaper Against Enugu Education Sector Reforms

What's the meaning of this headlines?
Re: The Punchous Punch Of The Punch Newspaper Against Enugu Education Sector Reforms by celeiyke: 8:45am On Mar 06, 2020
ZombieHUNT:

You are a disgrace to humanity for saying this... This is the worst governor since the history of this state...

The man just goes around doing nothing, didn't you witness the regime of chime... How he transformed Enugu..

This one is just paying salaries.... That's all
Nothing is happening anywhere

Potholes are back in ogui road.. He can't maintain the roads.,

Please return the money the propagandists gave you

I no get ur time
Re: The Punchous Punch Of The Punch Newspaper Against Enugu Education Sector Reforms by AstroG: 8:54am On Mar 06, 2020
Infinixhot6:

Enugu people are good.

If you don't know what to type,you better keep shut. Don't come and be spewing gibberish here

Re: The Punchous Punch Of The Punch Newspaper Against Enugu Education Sector Reforms by AstroG: 8:55am On Mar 06, 2020
Spiritualism:
RE: CONFUSION AS MECHANICS, PUPILS BATTLE FOR SPACE IN ENUGU CRUMBLING SCHOOL

BY Brown Justice

I read the feature story published in The Punch Newspaper of March 2nd, 2020, in which the news medium claimed that mechanics, drivers and pupils are struggling for space in a primary school located in the Emene area of Enugu State with great amusement because I already know the objective, the sponsors of the story seeks to achieve.

However, anyone that have closely followed news developments from Enugu State in the past six months would have noticed that there is a deliberate and sustained efforts by some politicians and other vested interests in the state to demarket, denigrate and discredit the unprecedented and integrated developments and reforms currently going on in the Coal City State.

These are people who never want the state to make headway in creativity and innovation as well as change from bad old system to new systems as the realities of the 21st century demand.

For Instance, before the fake story was planted in the Punch Newspaper to embarrass and make mockery of the educational policy of the state government, a group of private school owners under the aegis of the National Association of Proprietors of Private Schools NAPPS had gone to the state Ministry of Education to plead with the government to rescind it's decision to close down over 100 schools that did not meet up with the requirements of the new education policy of the state government.

Below is a quote from the request made to the government by the association during their visit: ''Our people are crying because of the substandard schools that were closed ... We plead that the schools closed should be allowed to operate till the end of the session.'' see Vanguard Newspaper of February 24, 2020.

But when the ministry refused to grant their plea and insisted that August 31st, 2020 remains the deadline for schools seeking approval in the state to meet the minimum standard of the state government or be shut down, Nigerians began to see planted stories against the education policies of the government in the media.

For Example, the sponsored fake news story claimed that 50 percent of the primary schools in Enugu State had no toilets, water, library, perimeter fence, chairs, books and security with leaky roofs where pupils sits on bare flour for learning.

Claims like these are nothing but false as the state is among the leading states in Nigeria with special focus on the primary and post primary schools in the country.

That is why the state's education sector gets over 60 percent of the capital expenditure vote of it's yearly budgets wheras the United Nations Scientific, Educational and Cultural Organisation UNESCO benchmark for developing nations is 30 percent.

Because the fake news story carries the Voice of Jacob but bears the Hands of Esau, this writer cannot outrightly say that NAPPS is behind it because expired politicians in the state who are looking for relevance have always tried to use special sentiments to hoodwink and incite the people against the government of the day.

Therefore, Nigerians should honourably disregard the planted fake story in the Punch Newspaper and other news outlets because Enugu State under the able leadership of Governor Ifeanyi Ugwuanyi has one of the best and most conducive learning environments for primary and secondary schools in the country.

Great heights as such could only be possible because Enugu State is in the Hands of God!

Mr. Brown Justice, A Senior Media Executive writes from Achara Layout, Enugu State

Source

https://correctinfoonline./2020/03/03/re-confusion-as-mechanics-pupils-battle-for-space-in-enugu-crumbling-school/

Re: The Punchous Punch Of The Punch Newspaper Against Enugu Education Sector Reforms by Infinixhot6: 11:33am On Mar 06, 2020
AstroG:

If you don't know what to type,you better keep shut. Don't come and be spewing gibberish here

Typical of them ... They will never disappoint in their ...
Re: The Punchous Punch Of The Punch Newspaper Against Enugu Education Sector Reforms by AstroG: 11:45am On Mar 06, 2020
Infinixhot6:

Typical of them ... They will never disappoint in their ...

If you don't stay in Enugu,better keep shut sad

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19: FG Identifies Lgs In 35 States To Benefit N20,000 To Poor Households / Sanwolu Reading Bible With His Wife As They Join Adeboye For Online Easter Servi / OSHIOMOLE, Did You Forget?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.