Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

My Experience With Road Safety Officials Today - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Experience With Road Safety Officials Today (433 Views)

Happening Now At Ezinifite-uga Road: 3 Road Safety Officials Shot Dead By UGM / My Experience With Road Safety Officials Today / Federal Road Safety Corps (frsc) Past Questions And Answers In Pdf Format (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Experience With Road Safety Officials Today by IecheM(m): 4:31pm On Mar 03, 2020
Okay so I want to share what happened today when I was riding my motorcycle.

So I was riding my motorcycle at a constant speed of 35kmph when I saw three road safety officials from afar and I reduced my speed and gear immediately. A car was coming with full speed on the speed lane and when the person driving saw the road safety officials he immediately swerved to the slow speed lane(obviously he wanted to escape the road safety officials) it honked so I shifted from the road so the car would get enough space,(even after shifting the car still hit my bike a little) I was already at the edge of the road. So one of the road safety officials ran and removed my keys and said I didn't slow down, the other said I was driving recklessly. So the first thing the man did was to check if I had number plate and he saw the plate, there was nothing he could use to hold me downgrin. I begged the one holding my key and told him I reduced my speed but he didn't hear my plea.

So he told me to follow him to his boss when we reached where the boss was sitting I explained to him exactly what happened in details without excluding anything. I told him I was moving gradually on the slow speed lane when the car came and occupied my lane and there was nothing I could do if I didn't shift the car would hit me and won't stop. So the boss asked his boy if I have plate number and he replied yes, the boss asked again if it was old or new, the guy replied saying new. At that point there was nothing they could do to hold me down, so the boss ordered the guy to give me my key.grin

In summary what am I trying to say if you don't know your right, these law enforcement officials will extort money from you unnecessarily. Come to think of it, if it was a random guy that didn't know his right they would've extorted 3k+ from him.

#KnowYourRight.
Re: My Experience With Road Safety Officials Today by henrybomb(m): 4:42pm On Mar 03, 2020
Knowing your right is just by the way
You were lucky

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Road Safety Officials Today by Sirseedorf(m): 4:48pm On Mar 03, 2020
cool

A lot of Nigerians don't know their right, but even some right has been manipulated

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Road Safety Officials Today by IecheM(m): 11:53pm On Mar 03, 2020
Sirseedorf:
cool

A lot of Nigerians don't know their right, but even some right has been manipulated

I agree with you some right has been manipulated, if they really wanted to extort me they would've made sure they find one fault
Re: My Experience With Road Safety Officials Today by GraceAllen: 6:36am On Mar 04, 2020
Educators will play a vital role in protecting children and preventing catastrophic accidents by Best Online Class For Me teaching students life-saving messages and encouraging road safety more generally, such as parents and local drivers.

(1) (Reply)

She’s 15: Twitter Users React To Inappropriate Comments About Actor Yul Edochie’ / 5 Foreign Countries That You Do Not Know Speak Yoruba Language / Ondo Pastor, Alfa Babatunde Sentenced To Life Imprisonment Over Missing Child

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.