Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:49 PM

Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers (26782 Views)

Supreme Court Imposes N40m Fine On Mike Ozekhome Over Frivolous Suit / Appeal Court Slams ₦‎40m Fine On Lawsuit Seeking To Stop Tinubu Inauguration / Osun: What Supreme Court Should Have Done – Sagay Reacts To Oyetola’s Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by amaniro: 9:38am On Mar 04, 2020
greggng:

You are the one that is dump cos I was waiting to see how you use yiur common sense to analyse the two judgement and tell us why u believe the man is dump but you ended up insulting him....cos you have nothing to offer

Lol. If I analyze the judgement you people will now be quoting me anyhow, I don't have strength for that. And, I'm definitely not "dump"
Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by Lexicon123: 9:58am On Mar 04, 2020
Iamgrey5:
The judge who gave the judgment in favour of PDP is igbo
How does it make a difference if the judge is Igbo? Was it not a case between two Igbo men? Or is Hope Hausa? �

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by charsoso: 10:13am On Mar 04, 2020
greggng:

You are the one that is dump cos I was waiting to see how you use yiur common sense to analyse the two judgement and tell us why u believe the man is dump but you ended up insulting him....cos you have nothing to offer
Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by Staro: 10:15am On Mar 04, 2020
Iamgrey5:
You are absolutely right Sagay

Although they can't impose fine because the igbo judge saved his people from embarrassment by going against the final judgment. Hence, because the judgment was not unanimous, the judges cannot give a fine.

Tribal hate will kill you

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by Mozegee: 10:25am On Mar 04, 2020
A man with no common sense. Talks any how how just because of peanut.

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by Provalker: 10:26am On Mar 04, 2020
blowjohn:

U mean he should be quarantined?
Gbam. The lunatic has become a menace and an epidemic to the society.

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by ernieboy(m): 10:53am On Mar 04, 2020
amaniro:
As a lawyer I read Sagay books but to be honest, the guy is dumb as Fvck when it comes to common sense
I tell you, I lost every ioya of respect I had for this guy. of the two review cases, imo's case was the most glaring travesty of Justice, the only reason the supreme Court did not upturn itself was to prevent a floodgate of such reviews.
Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by sicily4u: 11:18am On Mar 04, 2020
Lol ndi mbaise how far ?
Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by Awoo88: 11:27am On Mar 04, 2020
Fine who? His applications were not considered.
Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by fof1: 11:36am On Mar 04, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://www.independent.ng/supreme-court-should-have-imposed-higher-fine-on-ihediohas-lawyers-sagay/

DIMENTIA OR PARKINSONS D ARE CLOSER OR PAROCHIALISM, NARROW MINDED MENTALLY RETARDED LAWYERS IN D COUNTRY SHOULD RETIRE TO THEIR HOMES. PERSONAL OPINIONS THAT LOOKED VERY BACKWARD OR UNLEARNED IS MOST DISAPPOINTING TO ME. LAWYERS WITHOUT CONSCIENCE BUT PARTISAN IN EVERYTHING...
Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by witworth(m): 11:39am On Mar 04, 2020
You can go ahead and impose it yourself na, you this baboon
Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by PierreAbutu(m): 11:53am On Mar 04, 2020
Awol1:
Lol.

Justice Amina was on her period that day.

That fine is an offshoot of menstrual cramps.

I believe she was unsatisfied sexually, by her husband d night before cheesy
They are very dangeroud in such state, the morning after...especially if they are undergoing menopause

Sense wee not kee nairalanders grin
Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by francesco17(m): 12:08pm On Mar 04, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Temidayo Akinsuyi, Lagos

https://www.independent.ng/supreme-court-should-have-imposed-higher-fine-on-ihediohas-lawyers-sagay/

..."and in my view, the wrong done in Bayelsa is far more, that is if you consider if any wrong was done in Imo, then the fine for Ihedioha’s lawyers should have been far more" he said.
@sagey so do you think any wrong was done in Imo.
Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by Nobody: 12:33pm On Mar 04, 2020
amaniro:
As a lawyer I read Sagay books but to be honest, the guy is dumb as Fvck when it comes to common sense

Charge and bail lawyer.

Read a dumb man's book.
Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by Doyin2(m): 12:34pm On Mar 04, 2020
amaniro:

As a lawyer I think you are probably more dumb than Sagay,when it comes to both the law and common sense.

As a non lawyer ,I know what Sagay said makes very logical common sense.

Two cases were dismissed based on the same principle of finality and only one got fined.

Whereas for the Bayelsa case,the law clearly states that you disqualify a candidate based on false information of fundamental nature and not on conflicting information .
Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by OoduaFighter: 1:24pm On Mar 04, 2020
[s]
OgunLaakaye:

Charge and bail lawyer.

Read a dumb man's book.
[/s]
Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by amaniro: 1:27pm On Mar 04, 2020
Doyin2:

As a lawyer I think you are probably more dumb than Sagay,when it comes to both the law and common sense.

As a non lawyer ,I know what Sagay said makes very logical common sense.

Two cases were dismissed based on the same principle of finality and only one got fined.

Whereas for the Bayelsa case,the law clearly states that you disqualify a candidate based on false information of fundamental nature and not on conflicting information .

The two cases are not the same.
Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by amaniro: 1:28pm On Mar 04, 2020
OgunLaakaye:

Charge and bail lawyer.

Read a dumb man's book.

Lol. It is well sha
Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by Beetobee(f): 2:02pm On Mar 04, 2020
AgbariOjukwu1:

Lol, Law of contract and Family Law text book.

But if indeed you are a lawyer you should know that Sagay is one of the best in the country.

Exactly. We'll just excuse them for they are only knowledgeable but not learned!
Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by rolams(m): 2:21pm On Mar 04, 2020
Thank God this man is not my father!
Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by Donas11(m): 2:51pm On Mar 04, 2020
I am in need of financial assistance to raise money to complete and start a poultry business against Easter..

Please help,nothing is too small

Access Bank

D.J
Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by jackomagnus(m): 4:19pm On Mar 04, 2020
By the way, N30m fine for Afe Babalola is like a N30 fine for a bank manager!

He will just take it out from his 'back pocket' and ask his driver to go and pay it in grin

festacman:
Although the Justices of Supreme Court have powers to award cost to punish appellants when necessary, imposing those hefty amounts against Afe Babalola and Wole Olanipekun was unnecessary humiliation. They could have throwned out the review request without denigrating the some of the finest members of the Bar who have made so much contribution to the legal profession.

In as much as giving in to judgement review requests by selfish and inconsiderate politicians would ultimately bastardize the image of the apex court but insisting that the institution can NEVER review its judgement even in the face of new strong evidence is simply judicial dictatorship. The implication of this ruling is that an innocent man on death row can still be executed once Supreme Court upholds his conviction even if a new incontrovertible evidence emerges. It is a poor attempt by fallible human beings to play God. The thought of this is scary.
Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by chigaemezuogu: 4:21pm On Mar 04, 2020
After Stealing Our Mandate Given To Ihedioha And Gave It To Somebody That Came 4th, Who Hardly Won His Local Govt And Was Imposed To Imolites Through The Quak Judgement Given By Stupidreme Court Of Incompetent Jurisdiction, Sir-gay Or Sagy Has Mental Problem
Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by festacman(m): 4:25pm On Mar 04, 2020
jackomagnus:
By the way, N30m fine for Afe Babalola is like a N30 fine for a bank manager!

He will just take it out from his 'back pocket' and ask his driver to go and pay it in grin

The issue is not the amount. It is the significance of the fine.
Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by Legendguru: 4:31pm On Mar 04, 2020
Really
Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by clemmonce(m): 5:01pm On Mar 04, 2020
amaniro:
Thats funny... You got me laughing

1 Like

Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by kalu61(m): 5:25pm On Mar 04, 2020
amaniro:
One day you go come sentence the criminals in Abia. lol
Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by CanadaOrBust: 5:30pm On Mar 04, 2020
greggng:

amaniro:

I'm definitely not "dump"

grin grin
Re: Sagay: Supreme Court Should Have Imposed A Higher Fine On Ihedioha's Lawyers by jackomagnus(m): 7:45pm On Mar 04, 2020
Sure, but they keep saying 'hefty' fine...and I'm wonder what's hefty about N30m to someone like Afe Babalola.

festacman:

The issue is not the amount. It is the significance of the fine.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo Assembly Relocates Sitting Over ‘Impeachment Scare’ / Milton Friedman On Slavery And Colonialism. A Must Watch For Africans / Cameroon Kills 27 Boko Harammilitants In Border Clashes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.