Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:54 PM

'how I Recovered From Snake Bite Using Psalms 3 & 4' - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 'how I Recovered From Snake Bite Using Psalms 3 & 4' (3502 Views)

Suffer No More As A Christian...these Are Secrets Of The Psalms!!!! / 'serpent-handling' West Virginia Pastor Dies From Snake Bite / Therapeutic Use Of Psalms, Right Or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'how I Recovered From Snake Bite Using Psalms 3 & 4' by IDINRETE: 2:54pm On Dec 20, 2010
'How I recovered from snake bite using Psalms 3 & 4'
Written by Tope Olukole
Sunday, December 19, 2010

"LIKE the Biblical Jonah who brought misfortune to voyagers, Prophet (Dr.) J.B. Kumoluyi (General Overseer, The Word Bible Church) too plunged into series of misfortune before sailing to the shore in his pastoral work. Before finally yielding to the call of God, he lost two kids to utter disobedience. In this miserable and confused state, he visited a senior prophet in the ministry, Prophet Obadare who simply said: "What are you still waiting for? If you don't act fast you will soon lose your wife and life should you continue to reject the heavenly call." He revealed that it was then he yielded to the call starting with only four people in a house fellowship in Ketu, Lagos . Prophet Kumoluyi said he had been going up and down searching for nothing and doing menial jobs like a commercial driver and cement seller for a paint company.

According to him, his walk in the ministry was not all a smooth ride as he experienced series of challenges, even at the inception. When the fellowship was barely three months old, he was stabbed almost to death in an argument that ensued over his sister's marital relationship. His act of pardon and forgiveness exhibited towards the culprit was quite remarkable that it led to her conversion. "I started seeing the hands of God in my life in 1988/89. Whenever I prayed, I saw visions and God spoke to me, though initially people who were very close did not believe God had endowed me with such anointing. Yet I could not go back because he who has called me is faithful,"he revealed.

The work of God in ministries like this is not without its attendant challenges; recounting such challenges Kumoluyi stated that during his pastoral work, God instructed him to gather all those who were looking for the fruit of the womb to the mountain, all numbering up to four hundred. According to him, "I announced it and we all went to a prayer mountain in Ibadan; it was a prayer with marathon fasting. I sat on the side of the bush, sleeping and waking up. All of a sudden I just felt a bite. I quickly woke up to check what it was. Lo and behold, it was a snake and it ran away. Within a second, I found it difficult to talk. Before I realised what was happening, my hands and legs became numb. I managed to beckon on my wife. They took me into a room. I was there for 20 minutes; then I heard the voice of God saying 'take water, read Psalm 3 and 4.' From there, I signaled to my wife to read Psalm 3 & 4 over a bowl of water, which she did exactly. After which I slept off.

"In my dream, I saw a white man with grey hair beckoning to me to stand up. But I did not have enough strength to do that. I was just telling him of how I brought the women to the mountain for prayer and I ended up being paralysed. He passed no comment but kept signaling with his hands - stand up. I stood up and followed him until he disappeared. After 4 hours, I woke up and stood up and went straight to the place of prayer. Everybody shouted, not knowing what I had gone through. When we started praying, the power of God arrested two women who confessed saying: 'Why did you bring us to this mountain? Did we tell you that we need children?' These are some of the challenges and to the glory of God too we have a lot of stories of victory and miracles to tell.

"During one of our revival services, they brought a child to the service who had no eye, nose and mouth. I was just praying for miracles and I asked people to lay their hands wherever they had ailments; so at the back of the choir, people started shouting. I asked for what happened and they brought the child. It was a miracle, the organs of the body were all in place, people started jubilating.

"The second was the case of someone who had epilepsy and was healed. I have never seen that before in my life. During the prayers, I noticed a man bending down and so I said they should allow him do whatever he wanted. He vomited something like a lizard, epilepsy. It was a miracle indeed. We had several cases; a boy with a hole in the stomach was about been flown out of the country for surgery but I don't know how God covered the hole up during the miracle hour. Those cured from insanity were innumerable; another case was that of one of our pastors who was brought in insane. He was kidnapped for three days and left insane because of the charms used on him. I prayed for him for seven days after which he regained himself; he had been taken to several places to no avail before coming down to Jesus Christ at The Word Bible Church.

"It's not an easy road, it's very tedious but the Bible says with God all things are possible. I thank the Almighty God who called me. He has been there for me; he has been assisting me to pass through calamities and spectacular experiences in the ministry.

"Arriving at such fame and fortune in the ministry for some it could be well mapped out, but for Prophet Kumoluyi it was not an easy road; it took God and dedication," he said.

Continuing, he added that it all depends on how God calls one or decides to use anyone in the ministry.

"There are ministers of God called but they aren't going to fly; it is gradually that they will reach the destination. Some will start the ministry and it will just boom; some have a very short time. While some ministers are not working for God wholeheartedly, others are not honest, as a result they will continue to crawl but for others that is how God wants it; it is for a purpose," he stated.

Reacting to the issue of Nigerian politics, he said "Time is changing and we are going into a new political dispensation." In his statement therefore, he urged all Christians to pray. "That's what the nation expects from the church at this time- prayer. Christ is the Hope of the nations and of the whole world. If you put your hope in man, you will be disappointed but if it's in God, He never fails. He knows the best candidate for the elections.

"One thing is that I will enjoin Nigerians to vote for those who are honest and responsible to do the work. By their fruits you shall know them. Despite all we have gone through, we still know those that are trying and those that are looting the treasury and running the economy down. We should encourage, emulate and pray for those doing it right. Lagos is a commendable example of such. Offenders should be made to face the law so that others can learn. Corruption is increasing daily but one thing that I know and God told me specifically is that He is coming to renovate this country. God will soon bring in someone who will sanitise Nigeria. God will bring out our own Rawlings. Without this sanitisation, we may not experience the peace that brings riches. God is coming and he's sending somebody. "

It is always a "white man" Why not a blackman?
Re: 'how I Recovered From Snake Bite Using Psalms 3 & 4' by IDINRETE: 2:56pm On Dec 20, 2010
Re: 'how I Recovered From Snake Bite Using Psalms 3 & 4' by InesQor(m): 4:57pm On Dec 20, 2010
Okay.
Re: 'how I Recovered From Snake Bite Using Psalms 3 & 4' by Sweetnecta: 5:27pm On Dec 20, 2010
why didnt the person use jesus statements (I guess something in the Gospel, instead of what David (according to the christian he was a womanizer) said?

Christianity is full of hypocrisy. You said Jesus ended everything, but cant use his words to do anything. You have to cure yourself by using the words of David. Who is better, if miracle upon yourself is a proof?

Pagans/polytheists.

No christian has ever got better only on Gospel.

They always have to run to Psalm.
Re: 'how I Recovered From Snake Bite Using Psalms 3 & 4' by Nobody: 1:24am On Dec 21, 2010
at the end its left to us to hear, and try to believe him. we were not there, we just heard STORIES!
Re: 'how I Recovered From Snake Bite Using Psalms 3 & 4' by EKONGKING: 3:52am On Dec 21, 2010
And the delusion continues grin
Re: 'how I Recovered From Snake Bite Using Psalms 3 & 4' by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 23, 2010
This is interesting, can you put yourself up for a lab test so we can try out all kinds of snakes from Cobra to Rattle Snake then Viper let us find out how quickly you can recite the Psalms before the poison turns you into a frothing frog grin
Re: 'how I Recovered From Snake Bite Using Psalms 3 & 4' by Nobody: 10:33pm On Dec 23, 2010
^^^ no mind the mu-mu na so dem go dey deceive those wey them dey go deceive angry angry
Re: 'how I Recovered From Snake Bite Using Psalms 3 & 4' by Joagbaje(m): 7:57am On Dec 24, 2010
@idinrente
Thanks for sharing the testimony, I used to think ,you were an Ifa priest grin
Re: 'how I Recovered From Snake Bite Using Psalms 3 & 4' by Ymodulus: 8:50am On Dec 24, 2010
I on fit laugh. CHRISTIANS and hypocrisy na wao o
Re: 'how I Recovered From Snake Bite Using Psalms 3 & 4' by Zodiac61(m): 11:32pm On Dec 31, 2010
This is why there is no sickness in Nigeria. Our hospitals are redundant edifices. There is no need for medical schools and doctors and nurses.
In fact, this is the reason all our medical personnel try to relocate to godless countries.
You see, in Nigeria all we do is quote Psalms 3 and 4 and we are cured of whatever ailments afflict us.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Our ignorance as a people is beyond belief.
We listen to snake oil salesmen (pun intended) and accept their nonsense without proof.
Prayer does not cure anyone, and is frankly overrated.
Re: 'how I Recovered From Snake Bite Using Psalms 3 & 4' by Kay17: 11:48pm On Dec 31, 2010
Lol, @babaearly too many stories about whitemen with white beards! Healing empty eye sockets. Funny enough, ppl with purported healing disappear as he nothing happened.
Re: 'how I Recovered From Snake Bite Using Psalms 3 & 4' by thehomer: 2:05pm On Jan 02, 2011
IDINRETE:

'How I recovered from snake bite using Psalms 3 & 4'
Written by Tope Olukole
Sunday, December 19, 2010

"LIKE the Biblical Jonah who brought misfortune to voyagers, Prophet (Dr.) J.B. Kumoluyi (General Overseer, The Word Bible Church) too plunged into series of misfortune before sailing to the shore in his pastoral work. Before finally yielding to the call of God, he lost two kids to utter disobedience. In this miserable and confused state, he visited a senior prophet in the ministry, Prophet Obadare who simply said: "What are you still waiting for? If you don't act fast you will soon lose your wife and life should you continue to reject the heavenly call." He revealed that it was then he yielded to the call starting with only four people in a house fellowship in Ketu, Lagos . Prophet Kumoluyi said he had been going up and down searching for nothing and doing menial jobs like a commercial driver and cement seller for a paint company.

God murdered his children because he was not a pastor?

IDINRETE:

According to him, his walk in the ministry was not all a smooth ride as he experienced series of challenges, even at the inception. When the fellowship was barely three months old, he was stabbed almost to death in an argument that ensued over his sister's marital relationship. His act of pardon and forgiveness exhibited towards the culprit was quite remarkable that it led to her conversion. "I started seeing the hands of God in my life in 1988/89. Whenever I prayed, I saw visions and God spoke to me, though initially people who were very close did not believe God had endowed me with such anointing. Yet I could not go back because he who has called me is faithful,"he revealed.

On what part of his body was he stabbed?

IDINRETE:

The work of God in ministries like this is not without its attendant challenges; recounting such challenges Kumoluyi stated that during his pastoral work, God instructed him to gather all those who were looking for the fruit of the womb to the mountain, all numbering up to four hundred. According to him, "I announced it and we all went to a prayer mountain in Ibadan; it was a prayer with marathon fasting. I sat on the side of the bush, sleeping and waking up. All of a sudden I just felt a bite. I quickly woke up to check what it was. Lo and behold, it was a snake and it ran away. Within a second, I found it difficult to talk. Before I realised what was happening, my hands and legs became numb. I managed to beckon on my wife. They took me into a room. I was there for 20 minutes; then I heard the voice of God saying 'take water, read Psalm 3 and 4.' From there, I signaled to my wife to read Psalm 3 & 4 over a bowl of water, which she did exactly. After which I slept off.

Of course, the snake was probably not venomous.

IDINRETE:

"In my dream, I saw a white man with grey hair beckoning to me to stand up. But I did not have enough strength to do that. I was just telling him of how I brought the women to the mountain for prayer and I ended up being paralysed. He passed no comment but kept signaling with his hands - stand up. I stood up and followed him until he disappeared. After 4 hours, I woke up and stood up and went straight to the place of prayer. Everybody shouted, not knowing what I had gone through. When we started praying, the power of God arrested two women who confessed saying: 'Why did you bring us to this mountain? Did we tell you that we need children?' These are some of the challenges and to the glory of God too we have a lot of stories of victory and miracles to tell.

Of course just like the Israelites.

IDINRETE:

"During one of our revival services, they brought a child to the service who had no eye, nose and mouth. I was just praying for miracles and I asked people to lay their hands wherever they had ailments; so at the back of the choir, people started shouting. I asked for what happened and they brought the child. It was a miracle, the organs of the body were all in place, people started jubilating.

Wow. Can you please heal amputees.

IDINRETE:

"The second was the case of someone who had epilepsy and was healed. I have never seen that before in my life. During the prayers, I noticed a man bending down and so I said they should allow him do whatever he wanted. He vomited something like a lizard, epilepsy. It was a miracle indeed. We had several cases; a boy with a hole in the stomach was about been flown out of the country for surgery but I don't know how God covered the hole up during the miracle hour. Those cured from insanity were innumerable; another case was that of one of our pastors who was brought in insane. He was kidnapped for three days and left insane because of the charms used on him. I prayed for him for seven days after which he regained himself; he had been taken to several places to no avail before coming down to Jesus Christ at The Word Bible Church.

Why does this man not go to the psychiatric hospital and heal those who have actually been diagnosed as being mentally ill? Then epilepsy? The fact that a person is not convulsing every 2 hours does not mean he has been cured of epilepsy.

IDINRETE:

"It's not an easy road, it's very tedious but the Bible says with God all things are possible. I thank the Almighty God who called me. He has been there for me; he has been assisting me to pass through calamities and spectacular experiences in the ministry.
"Arriving at such fame and fortune in the ministry for some it could be well mapped out, but for Prophet Kumoluyi it was not an easy road; it took God and dedication," he said.
. . .

Of course he was called.
Re: 'how I Recovered From Snake Bite Using Psalms 3 & 4' by IDINRETE: 9:46am On Jan 04, 2011
Joagbaje:

@idinrente
Thanks for sharing the testimony, I used to think ,you were an Ifa priest grin

Bros Joe I was not sharing any testimony; my concern is the bolded part in the article. I am just a neophyte, not an Ifa priest yet.
Re: 'how I Recovered From Snake Bite Using Psalms 3 & 4' by simplymee: 11:21am On Jan 04, 2011
@ IDINRETE
ARE U TALKING OF THE WHITE MAN IN BOLD EMPHASIS? ANYWAY I NEED TO KNOW. FOR ME I KNOW THAT ANY OF THE WORD OF GOD THAT YOU STUDY,MEDITATE UPON AND USE OR APPLY BY FAITH IN YOUR LIFE, DEFINITELY GREAT THINGS WILL BE MANIFESTED IN YOUR LIFE. Apply the word with faith and it will happen. ITS THE WORD OF GOD FOR YOU SPECIFICALLY THAT COUNTS.
WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE BUT FOLKS DON'T JUST FOLLOW GOD ONLY BY WHAT YOU HEAR , STUDY FOR YOURSELF ALSO. IT PAYS TO DO SO.
Re: 'how I Recovered From Snake Bite Using Psalms 3 & 4' by IDINRETE: 11:35am On Jan 04, 2011
@ simplymee

Why are you typing in CAPITAL?
Re: 'how I Recovered From Snake Bite Using Psalms 3 & 4' by simplymee: 11:55am On Jan 04, 2011
abeg no vex, lets try the small letters. So how far?

(1) (Reply)

Is JESUS Really The Decendant Of King DAVID. / A Lot Of People Say The New Testament Is Fake / Water Baptism In River Or Swimming Pool, Share Your Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.