Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,998 members, 7,817,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:42 PM

Auto Expert In The House: Pls Help My Gear Is Messing Up. - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Auto Expert In The House: Pls Help My Gear Is Messing Up. (680 Views)

99 Toyota 4runner Aux Gear is SOLD. / Pls Help My Civic 2001 Is Messing Up / Help Auto Expert! Nissan Altima Engine Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Auto Expert In The House: Pls Help My Gear Is Messing Up. by wendyz: 4:56pm On Dec 20, 2010
The D4 of my gear does not select except when am on high speed, as soon as the car slows down it also stops working and at such times i have to make use of the other gear. Please what could be the problem and is it repairable? Thanks.
Re: Auto Expert In The House: Pls Help My Gear Is Messing Up. by DonDickins: 5:52am On Dec 21, 2010
You need to give more info about your car so someone can be on help such as the make, model and year of the car. what you did last before you started to experience the fault and for how long the fault has been.
Re: Auto Expert In The House: Pls Help My Gear Is Messing Up. by wendyz: 9:21am On Dec 21, 2010
thanks my broda, ok the car is a honda bulldog 95,(v6). The fault has actually been there since purchase few months back was told by the mechanic at the time of purchase that its a minor fault that requires change of gear oil. However after changing the gear oil and filter there seems to be no improvement. Another mechanic says the gearbox has to be changed totally, yet another says it can be repaired. I really don't know who to believe amongst the two and i don't want to go about wasting my money on what would not work. Also the check light on the dashboard has been on and am thinking of taking it for a scan.
Re: Auto Expert In The House: Pls Help My Gear Is Messing Up. by Onwan: 11:26am On Dec 21, 2010
@OP

Change the gear before it stops completely. Call Yinka on 080 2558 3908.

Do not waste your time and money with repairs. Trust me, you should change it.
Re: Auto Expert In The House: Pls Help My Gear Is Messing Up. by wendyz: 12:15pm On Dec 21, 2010
Thanks onwan. I appreciate.
Re: Auto Expert In The House: Pls Help My Gear Is Messing Up. by SisiKill1: 12:42pm On Dec 21, 2010
My advice. . .get a new gearbox. I just went through a similar experience, fell into the hands of one of those "we can fix it" people. They had the car for two weeks. . . "Fixing it" finally last week thursday they told me to come pick it up. I didn't drive it for long that thursday, just went straight home. On friday. I drove for a longer distance and noticed as soon as the car engine gets hot, the gear starts acting up. By saturday, it stopped moving gabadaya! This happened on the highway, thank heavens it wasn't a busy highway or I'd be. . . Can't even think about it. Had to have the car towed back to the workshop. . .that cost me about 7k. Now they are telling me maybe. . .err. . .I need. . .ehm. . . . A new gear box. This after I had paid 20k to have it fixed and it didn't even last a week. All in all I've spent close to 35k fixing the gearbox when a new one, I find out, would have cost me 60k. Let's not even talk about the hours in the sun and the risks involved in driving with a "repaired gearbox"

Don't be Pennywise, pound foolish my friend,  . . Get a new gear box and be done with it.

(1) (Reply)

Registered 2000 Honda Baby Boy And Honda Accord 98 (bullet) @ A Give Away Price / I Need 9ja Use Japanise Car 4wd Jeep Urgently / Toyota Cam 98 Factory Fitted Ac Fairly/neatly Used Urgently Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.