Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,645 members, 7,820,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:10 PM

Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity (2490 Views)

Oyebanji Reiterates Commitment To State Varsity, Meets Union Leaders / Again, Ondo Amotekun ‘Deports’ 137 Northerners From State / Yahaya Bello Walks Nasir Ajanah, Chief Judge Out From State Function (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by bluecircle470: 12:23pm On Mar 04, 2020
The Kwara State House of Assembly on Tuesday amended the Kwara State University Law and changed the name of the institution from Abubakar Olusola Saraki University to Kwara State University.

The Kwara State University (Amendment) Bill 2020 was one of the four amendment bills passed by the Assembly on Tuesday which it said would drive best practices in the education sector and local government administration in the state.

A statement from the Assembly read partly, “The Kwara State University (Amendment) Bill, 2020 which reverted the name of the University from Abubakar Sola Saraki University to Kwara State University has been passed and forwarded to the governor for approval.”

Copyright PUNCH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by haffaze777(m): 12:24pm On Mar 04, 2020
long overdue
Re: Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by Catabolism(m): 12:29pm On Mar 04, 2020
Government go,government come!Lawmakers chasing shadows and making laws which add zero benefits to citizens.

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by NGpatriot: 12:31pm On Mar 04, 2020
A step in the right direction.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by Iyiataata92: 12:31pm On Mar 04, 2020
you see the thing called Village People, when the go out for you, they go all out for you. They will never leave you until you're totally demystified. They don't give up until they are very sure you won't rise again. Sorry Bukola but this people aint leaving you any soon
Re: Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by ODB2: 12:32pm On Mar 04, 2020
The only reason this current Governor of Kwara is to the point of obsession trying to erase not only Bukola Saraki's name and legacy but also that of the late senior Saraki is because as far as Kwara goes, their two families have been in competition and political wars since the early 70's. The Saraki family has always come out tops.

When Lai Mohammed supported the incumbent governor to oust the PDP and also see to Saraki not getting re-elected back to the senate, same Lai Mohammed thought he had arrived in politics as a king maker. Lai will then begin to address himself as the head of the APC in Kwara to the anger of the current Governor. Normally a Governor is the leader of the party in his state and not an appointed minister!

Lai Mohammed was then reminded by the governor to know not only his place in the APC but also Kwara and was reminded of his lowly background and wretched lineage.

Today, Lai dare not talk in Kwara.

Moral of the story: Be careful of what you wish for. In pulling down Saraki, Lai forgot he was installing a governor that was proud, arrogant and quick to remind Lai of his lowly status.

8 Likes

Re: Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by spafu(m): 12:40pm On Mar 04, 2020
Ok
Re: Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by APCNig: 1:01pm On Mar 04, 2020
There is no need for this. I am a Kwaran, I know that Abubakar Olusola Saraki the uselss looter is currently in hell fire for enlaving my people for about 5 decades and even empowering his devilish son Bukola Saraki to continue with the enslavement. However, there is no need to try to erase his legacies. The devilish family did one or two things, let the people continue to see them. Politics without bitterness.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by APCNig: 1:03pm On Mar 04, 2020
ODB2:
The only reason this current Governor of Kwara is to the point of obsession trying to erase not only Bukola Saraki's name and legacy but also that of the late senior Saraki is because as far as Kwara goes, their two families have been in competition and political wars since the early 70's. The Saraki family has always come out tops.

When Lai Mohammed supported the incumbent governor to oust the PDP and also see to Saraki not getting re-elected back to the senate, same Lai Mohammed thought he had arrived in politics as a king maker. Lai will then begin to address himself as the head of the APC in Kwara to the anger of the current Governor. Normally a Governor is the leader of the party in his state and not an appointed minister!

Lai Mohammed was then reminded by the governor to know not only his place in the APC but also Kwara and was reminded of his lowly background and wretched lineage.

Moral of the story: Be careful of what you wish for. In pulling down Saraki, Lai forgot he was installing a governor that was proud, arrogant and quick to remind Lai of his lowly status.

How many times do you go to Ilorin in a year? I hope it is not what you are readin in the media that forms the basis of this your hypothesis.
Re: Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by ODB2: 1:14pm On Mar 04, 2020
APCNig:

How many times do you go to Ilorin in a year? I hope it is not what you are readin in the media that forms the basis of this your hypothesis.

Lai Mohammed is a nobody in Kwara politics.

The current governor has warned him to stop parading himself as the leader of anything in Kwara.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by helinues: 1:17pm On Mar 04, 2020
Abdulrasaq, man shall reap what he sows

1 Like

Re: Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by Okoroawusa: 1:20pm On Mar 04, 2020
Is it really necessary?
Re: Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by Nobody: 1:22pm On Mar 04, 2020
ODB2:

the case is even worse right now, they are both at serious loggerheads Lai and abdulrasaq serious one o resulting to many factions of apc in kwara state
NEVER DIG THE PIT OF YOUR ENEMY TOO DEEP, YOU MIGHT JUST FALL RIGHT INSIDE

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by ODB2: 1:22pm On Mar 04, 2020
apcnig

Why Lai is Quiet

The relative quietness of Alhaji Lai Mohammed in the face of raging political agitations within and outside his native Kwara State is not for nothing. Lai, who led the O‘to‘ge revolution, apparently has gulped a Tilapia bone that is now stuck in his throat! Unlike the baby faced immediate past commander in chief, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan, who did not wear shoes until he went to school, Governor Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq was not born into lack. Hence, Lai must adopt a different strategy

Governor Abdulrazaq’s father was the first northern Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN; his sister was the first female Senator from Northern Nigeria, and another brother was until recently, the chief financial officer of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC. Remarkably, the family has not been out of sight, politically. Only they had been shadowed by another political family—the Sarakis. In 1979, the governor’s father was the governorship candidate of the Great Nigeria Peoples Party, GNPP, in the old Kwara State. His bid failed against the candidate sponsored by the late Senator Olusola Saraki, that is Adamu Attah. In 1999, the bid by a son of the family, Dr. Alimi Abdulrazaq on the ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP failed against the candidate sponsored by Senator Olusola Saraki, that is Mohammed Lawal.

Even more, the Sarakis have also tended to dominate in the cultural setting. Though Alhaji Abdulrazaq was senior to Oloye, it apparently did not go down well that Saraki was made Waziri by the emir of Ilorin. The same title has also been taken by Oloye’s son, Bukola. Apparently, even if the Abdulrazaqs do not say or show it, some are bound to have the feeling of a family rivalry as the reason for the New Year demolition of the elder Saraki’s property. So, given the historic rivalry between the two families, it is understandable that Lai Mohammed has quietly refrained himself from the melee.

But how quiet can he be given his leading role in the enthronement of the present regime in the state? Indeed, when Lai led the popular O‘to‘ge revolution to oust the Saraki, he apparently did not bargain foisting another family hegemony in the place of another. But that is apparently what has happened, and Alhaji Lai whose life story was from grass to grace, is now wedged in a war between scions of two of the most prominent families in Kwara State. Before descending on the Sarakis with a vengeance just before dawn on New Year, the governor’s position in the APC hierarchy had been consolidated with the reduction of his perceived rivals. The first was apparently Lai. When last August, the governor honoured a reception in Abuja after Lai was again nominated as minister on merit, associates of the governor were pissed off after the chairman of the state chapter of the APC, Bashir Bolarinwa referred to the minister as leader of the party in the state.

Bolarinwa’s reference was apparently due to Lai’s yeoman role in dethroning Bukola Saraki as the political leader of the state. Hours after the reception, groups inclined to the governor initiated a tumult with a campaign to force the chairman out of office. The chairman has since learnt to bridle his tongue. At another time, allies of the government initiated a campaign to enthrone the deputy governor of the state, Kayode Alabi as the political leader of Kwara South as a way of diminishing the profile of the Honourable Minister.

In all these direct and indirect attacks, Lai has kept a dignified silence. Unlike when he had the Otueke man without shoes in his sight, the honourable minister has seemingly retreated, but certainly not out of sight. That is because the governor seemed to have overlooked the fact that the second minister from the state, Senator Gbemi Saraki who also belongs to the APC would not be unamused by the development. After all, her father’s last political outing was his failed attempt to project her as governor against the will of her brother, Bukola. The bitterness from that 2010/11 fight has kept them away from one another and in opposite political camps. Abdulrazaq may now have inadvertently brought them closer to reconciliation.

Governor Abdulrazaq’s move against the Sarakis is bound to upset the political permutations in the state in several ways. One, Gbemi is aligned to the Lai camp that has been severally deprecated by the governor’s camp. Lai and his followers are again bound to see the governor’s action as unnecessary. Bukola has, despite his political losses, sustained the stomach infrastructure and empowerment programmes carried out at the demolished complex. So when the governor’s bulldozers came around the complex in the wee hours of Thursday, they were stoutly resisted by several women who had benefited from the empowerment packages of the Sarakis. Those women like several others do not just have a voice; they have votes which the governor had better court than crush!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by OoduaFighter: 1:24pm On Mar 04, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:
A step in the right direction.
[/s]
Re: Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by Magicians: 1:31pm On Mar 04, 2020
Only a soul from a particular tribe can make this comment. Bro are you Igbo ?

Make I even die instantly if you are not.
I know of only one tribe that hate for no reason across the globe. The tribe that segregated a clan of it own "Osu" to be hated.

ODB2:

Re: Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by Nukualofa: 2:05pm On Mar 04, 2020
Magicians:

I know of only one tribe that hate for no reason across the globe. The tribe that segregated a clan of it own "Osu" to be hated.

As you speak of ur own death so shall it come to pass. Don't take Nigeria politics personal

3 Likes

Re: Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by mrvitalis(m): 2:57pm On Mar 04, 2020
Magicians:

Only one tribe hate yet look at your comment full of hate for a tribe that has never done anything wrong to u ...smh
Re: Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by NGpatriot: 3:35pm On Mar 04, 2020
ODB2:

Na by force to add your comedic nollywood fake and fabu story?
Re: Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by oyatz(m): 3:36pm On Mar 04, 2020
southniyikaye:
the case is even worse right now, they are both at serious loggerheads Lai and abdulrasaq serious one o resulting to many factions of apc in kwara state
NEVER DIG THE PIT OF YOUR ENEMY TOO DEEP, YOU MIGHT JUST FALL RIGHT INSIDE

1) Lai Muhammed is an APC and he worked for the success of his party which defeated the PDP (Saraki's party).

2) This has nothing to do with pulling down. Do you expect Lai Muhammed to have worked for the PDP?

3) Must Saraki's party win all the time?
Re: Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by DSoj(m): 3:53pm On Mar 04, 2020
De-Personalization and De-Colonization of Kwara State.
Re: Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by Magicians: 4:04pm On Mar 04, 2020
Wrong!

My comment is filled with me quoting foolish Igbo with foolish n naseauting comment n paying them back in appropriate measure.

You won't see me start insulting Igbos out of the blues. I only quote foolish comment from your tribesmen n let them understand they are not the only one with bad mouth or insulting comments.

mrvitalis:

Only one tribe hate yet look at your comment full of hate for a tribe that has never done anything wrong to u ...smh
Re: Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by BERNIMOORE: 4:17pm On Mar 04, 2020
Iyiataata92:
you see the thing called Village People, when the go out for you, they go all out for you. They will never leave you until you're totally demystified. They don't give up until they are very sure you won't rise again. Sorry Bukola but this people aint leaving you any soon
Some of you don't know the Difference between (Olusola) (father) and (Bukola) one of (several children of Olusola Sarak)i .....
Re: Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by mrvitalis(m): 4:35pm On Mar 04, 2020
Magicians:
Wrong!

My comment is filled with me quoting foolish Igbo with foolish n naseauting comment n paying them back in appropriate measure.

You won't see me start insulting Igbos out of the blues. I only quote foolish comment from your tribesmen n let them understand they are not the only one with bad mouth or insulting comments.

This topic had absolutely nothing to do with Igbo's yet your hate brought Igbo to the topics

I'm Igbo we are successful ,a tribe u can't avoid in Africa ...just don't die early
Re: Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by Magicians: 5:02pm On Mar 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

This topic had absolutely nothing to do with Igbo's yet your hate brought Igbo to the topics

I'm Igbo we are successful ,a tribe u can't avoid in Africa ...just don't die early

Igbos are insignificant as sand in the Sahara.
You can be done away with n you can be avoided. I see foolish Igbos like yourself open thread on Lagos Tinubu Buhari Awolowo here everyday, the same right igbo as to do that is what I use to comment about Igbos too.

Now if you chose to commit suicide cos am in your face with the truth on how bigotry n hate as ruined your tribe be my guest.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by DMerciful(m): 5:02pm On Mar 04, 2020
Saraki had it coming! He was a king in his own right in PDP but decided to fight GEJ but pushing propaganda in the petroleum sector and aligning with the enemies in 2014 but now the chicken has come home to roost. All those who fought against GEJ met their waterloo while those who stood with GEJ are in various high profile positions in the world!
Re: Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by Bimpe29: 5:04pm On Mar 04, 2020
Hmmm!
Can this be regarded as politics of bitterness and vengeful?
Re: Kwara Removes Saraki’s Name From State Varsity by fykes(m): 6:08pm On Mar 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

I have since Learnt that those who seek it often do not deserve an iota of attention.
The buffon you are replying to may be using a borrowed phone and data.
If such a low life failure will elicit a response from an upwardly moving human tribe, it's most unfortunate.
Hating hurts nobody but yourself.... Why not let the thing knock himself out with it?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed / Zlatan Leads #EndSARS Protest In Ghana (video) / American Hostage Rescued In Northern Nigeria By SEAL Team 6 In Daring Raid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.