Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,634 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed (2486 Views)

I Discouraged Ransom Payment Until I Was Kidnapped - Ex-DSS Director, Ejiofor / Mike Ejiofor: Masari Laid Foundation For Kidnapping In Error - Ex-DSS Director / Emene Killings: Enugu Police Say IPOB Shot At Them First (Read Full Statement) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed by akelicious(m): 2:13am On Aug 29, 2020
Sunday’s violence and killings in Enugu may have led to the removal of the Enugu state DSS Director.

Report says a new DSS boss has been appointed to resume in Enugu immediately.

Details about the recent changes at the Enugu DSS were still sketchy at press time but Everyday News shall update as the picture gets clearer.
The DSS were at the centre of the bloodbath in Enugu last Sunday and have largely been blamed for the unfortunate incident and consequent breakdown of law and order in Emene, a suburb of the state capital.
The DSS in an official statement said that two of their men lost their lives in the mayhem.

https://www.akelicious.net/ipob-killings-enugu-dss-director-removed/

Re: IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed by propsvilla3: 2:19am On Aug 29, 2020
Good move time of killing innocent people is gone.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed by Bigflamie(m): 2:38am On Aug 29, 2020
Removed or face the full wrath of law. What do we achieve in his removal? Let all that have hands in those innocent people's death be jailed ASAP.

7 Likes

Re: IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed by muykem: 2:43am On Aug 29, 2020
If true it's because he lost two of his men.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed by hisgrace090: 3:13am On Aug 29, 2020
Look at the picture and see the calibre of gun they use to open fire on armless citizen meeting to discuse their problem, while the people being killed daily by terrorist have no one to even blink an eye on their killers.

6 Likes

Re: IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed by helinues: 4:36am On Aug 29, 2020
Source!!!

I mean credible source

1 Like

Re: IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed by nku5: 5:01am On Aug 29, 2020
I wont be surprised if its true. From the feelers I'm getting, this kiling was the last straw and Igbo elite are quietly pressing for somebody to be held accountable for the massacre to prevent IPOB from becoming a violent group.

This is from Osita Chidoka's Facebook page:

Set up a Commission of Inquiry on Emene shooting

Following media reports of the violent face-off between security agencies and members of Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) leading to death of unarmed civilians and security agents, I contacted senior security officers and lawyers of IPOB.

In my interaction with the security agencies facts emerged that the State Department lost two officers and automatic rifles during the fracas while two members of IPOB were killed and about five injured. As at the time of our conversation 5 members of IPOB were in Police custody. I requested the Police to grant them bail or charge them to court.

In my discussion with IPOB lawyers it emerged that the members were meeting peacefully and did not constitute any threat to public peace when some security agents infiltrated their meeting leading to the fracas. I condole with all those who lost their lives and ask the government of Enugu state to institute a commission of Inquiry to ascertain the truth around the incident that led to the death of unarmed civilians and security agents.
Security agencies must continue to respect fundamental right of peaceful assembly in a democracy and be guided by rules of engagement in dealing with unarmed civilians. Use of force in delicate situations is a by product of the militarization of our society and must be avoided.

It is also important that the identity of those who killed the security agents and took their guns are ascertained to be sure that criminal elements did not cash in on the mayhem. I condemn the use of violence by any group whether security agents or private groups. I will continue to engage with all sides for a peaceful resolution of the conflict. I commend current efforts to de-escalate the tension. IPOB representatives assure me that they remain a non violent organization.

Osita Chidoka
August 2020

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed by orisa37: 5:19am On Aug 29, 2020
THE DSS WANTS MIYETTI ALLAH FULANI HERDSMEN TO BE VIGILANTES IN ENUGU BY FORCE 'COS KYCEE IS MESSENGER OF JUSTICE IN ALBERTA.
Re: IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed by chiemmanuel(m): 6:10am On Aug 29, 2020
Ipob.... Criminal terrorist organization
Herdsmen/boki haram........ Peaceful association
Re: IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed by Godons1: 6:23am On Aug 29, 2020

Re: IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed by Marine54(m): 7:13am On Aug 29, 2020
muykem:
If true it's because he lost two of his men.
shut up! Where is the evidence of murdered DSS officials ?
Re: IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed by Marine54(m): 7:15am On Aug 29, 2020
Godons1:
E PAIN THIS ABOKI WELL WELL !

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed by Nobody: 7:26am On Aug 29, 2020
Nobody has told you this, and I didn't wanna say it too but it's said that 2 police vans were burnt at Holy Ghost yesterday with two police officers also killed.

It's also said that before yesterday burning of the the vans, the Police heads had reported in a security meeting that they are unable to count for 7 of their men.

People say police officers have deserted places they hitherto used as checkpoints.

Whoever went and shot at those guys at Emene have ignited a fire whose conflagration we can't tell where it would get to. Another guirrella war is brewing in the East.

But was the DSS supposed fire at a person or group not bearing arms? I thought the right ethics of practice says "return fire only when fired at"? Was the IPOB members disturbing anybody? Has it ever been reported that IPOB stole a pin? What justifies invasion?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed by Godons1: 7:33am On Aug 29, 2020
Marine54:

The Director of DSS in Enugu when the IPOB terrorist wanted to to cause unrest, has been PROMOTED for Galantly neutralise IPOB terrorist in the State. I wish to congratulate the Director for his new Promotion. He deserve that promotion.

God bless DSS,
God bless Nigeria.

Re: IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed by Marine54(m): 7:37am On Aug 29, 2020
Godons1:

The Director of DSS in Enugu when the IPOB terrorist wanted to to cause unrest, has been PROMOTED for Galantly neutralise IPOB terrorist in the State. I wish to congratulate the Director for his new Promotion. He deserve that promotion.

God bless DSS,
God bless Nigeria.
Am not ibo , I am from South south, Nigeria must go down !

5 Likes

Re: IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed by Godons1: 7:45am On Aug 29, 2020
Marine54:
Am not ibo , I am from South south, Nigeria must go down !

You are a CONFIRMED IGBO MAN. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed by kuuljay(m): 8:02am On Aug 29, 2020
Upon and fake news grin grin grin
Re: IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed by LaboPolitics: 8:10am On Aug 29, 2020
Marine54:

That guy na yoruba muslim bonsurudeen o. No let am deceive you. grin

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed by Marine54(m): 8:27am On Aug 29, 2020
Godons1:

You are a CONFIRMED IGBO MAN. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Shut up ! I am south south , any thing that'll put an end to this contraps is highly acceptable..

5 Likes

Re: IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed by Jostoman: 8:57am On Aug 29, 2020
Bigflamie:
Removed or face the full wrath of law. What do we achieve in his removal? Let all that have hands in those innocent people's death be jailed ASAP.
they removed him to protect him, if you know you know.
Re: IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 29, 2020
He carry the work for head like him father work.
They show am the door.
Re: IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed by TRUTHaDDICTED(m): 11:51am On Aug 29, 2020
They think they're smart, they quickly removed him to save him from possible targeting by IPOB. No further comments.
Re: IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed by Jdbrasco2: 11:58am On Aug 29, 2020
What's his name? Shooting unarmed people, We will not forget.
Re: IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed by IamWonderful: 12:06pm On Aug 29, 2020
They used for him as scape goat
Re: IPOB Killings: Enugu DSS Director Removed by slivertongue: 2:23pm On Aug 29, 2020
useless agency

(1) (Reply)

The Bitter Truth About What Is Happening In APC / ESN On Land Patrol In Oba, Anambra State. / ESN Operatives Clearing Herdsmen From Parts Of Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.