Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,175 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! (2450 Views)

"Tinubu Will Handle Economy, I Will Handle Security"- Shettima At NBA Conference / Funke Cole: Arise TV Needs To Rise Above Mediocrity, Partisanship / Stop Celebrating Ordinary Flyovers In Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! by Kingsoshy(m): 11:29pm On Mar 04, 2020
This current administration has tried to do the impossible and I commend that. PDP was in power for 12 years and made over a thrillion Dollars and did nothing but mess the country and now this Administration is slowly and even with so much adversities trying to right the mess of the past. Please let's try to encourage PMB and stop all these lambasting. We need Nigeria better and that will only be possible we stand together.my peeps nothing good comes easy.
Re: Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! by MPSA(m): 11:42pm On Mar 04, 2020
I am here to Celebrate with Nigerians, You performed well Guys, May God Bless Nigeria grin
Re: Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! by tevinsolt: 6:08am On Mar 05, 2020
NGpatriot:
[s][/s]

Before your next post, find out the meaning of personal responsibility.

Only foolish and irresponsible people keep having kids even though they can not afford to take care of the ones they already have.

If you can not afford to take care of your own children, stop having more children, sign up for family planning or just start wearing condoms, it's called personal responsibility.

This is really embarassing - the analogy of the man with 5 kids earning 100k and owing 30k vs the man with 2 kids earning 80k and owing 10k
is asking you to think and apply to Nigeria and South Africa respectively.

Though the guy with the 100k earns more - his standard of living is less than the 80k guy's
100k guy is Nigeria
80k guy is South Africa
Re: Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! by Sweeetheart(m): 7:03am On Mar 05, 2020
yetunsbay:
Two friends are businessmen. One make a loss while the other breakeven.

Which one stands firm ?

Break even of course that's if the one that loss capital is not more the one that break even

One that loss had $565,000,000 and the break even had $325,000,000 as capital. Why should the break even rejoice

Of what value is fast rising economy that's not reflecting in the standard of living of the citizens
Re: Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! by Missionaire: 10:34am On Mar 05, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

It is “they performed WORSE than us” NOT worst. You only use “worst” if u r comparing more than two things.

I see this on NL all the time and it has really started to irke me. I’ve now decided to correct it every time I see it

Thanks for the correction.
Re: Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! by Missionaire: 10:43am On Mar 05, 2020
ardrockltd:
there economy fell and our economy stand that simply means we perform better

Oga that is wrong. Our economy did not perform better. Their own performed worst.
It is just like being the 'dundy' or the dullard of the class and carrying the last position in your class for a long period of time only for the next term a student comes and performs poorly than you and so carries last while you become second to last.

You just use the new student shine. Your new position is not as a result of hardwork but as a result of the new student's poorer performance.

SA performed poorly than us.... But we are still performing poorly.

Moreover, what is the use of our new position when it does not reflect on the living situations of the populace.
Despite how things are with SA now, their standard of living is still way better than us.
Learn to be objective in your submissions and stop being sentimental. That is the only way to progress in life.
Re: Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! by Missionaire: 10:45am On Mar 05, 2020
tevinsolt:

This is really embarassing - the analogy of the man with 5 kids earning 100k and owing 30k vs the man with 2 kids earning 80k and owing 10k
is asking you to think and apply to Nigeria and South Africa respectively.

Though the guy with the 100k earns more - his standard of living is less than the 80k guy's
100k guy is Nigeria
80k guy is South Africa

Very embarrassing my brother. The guy just took it literal. People just read and skip the part of understanding to comment.
Re: Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! by Missionaire: 10:48am On Mar 05, 2020
NGpatriot:

Definitely not my fault that you can not read and comprehend simple English words.

I advice you to go back to elementary school.

Look at who is talking about comprehension.. Someone gave an analogy and you are here taking it literally and yet you are claiming to be educated.
So you understand simple English and yet this is not simple for you to grasp?

Some folks like you would read, skip the part of understanding or comprehension and rush to comment.

Go and collect the school fees you wasted in your elementary school.

1 Like

Re: Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! by happy200(m): 11:14am On Mar 05, 2020
Missionaire:

Oga that is wrong. Our economy did not perform better. Their own performed worst.
It is just like being the 'dundy' or the dullard of the class and carrying the last position in your class for a long period of time only for the next term a student comes and performs poorly than you and so carries last while you become second to last.

You just use the new student shine. Your new position is not as a result of hardwork but as a result of the new student's poorer performance.

SA performed poorly than us.... But we are still performing poorly.

Moreover, what is the use of our new position when it does not reflect on the living situations of the populace.
Despite how things are with SA now, their standard of living is still way better than us.
Learn to be objective in your submissions and stop being sentimental. That is the only way to progress in life.
if you want to be realistic then you should also consider the fact that since 2017 South African's economy has been on downward slope while that of Nigeria's kept upward growth, hence Nigeria need to celebrate for more brighter economic future regardless of both Country's past or feature.
Re: Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! by Missionaire: 11:28am On Mar 05, 2020
happy200:
if you want to be realistic then you should also consider the fact that since 2017 South African's economy has been on downward slope while that of Nigeria's kept upward growth, hence Nigeria need to celebrate for more brighter economic future regardless of both Country's past or feature.

South Africa's economy has been on a downward slope since 2017 and our own has been on an upward slope since that time abi ?

It is good that we progress but our progress should be as a results of improvements and not another nation's poorer performance.
Re: Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! by CanadaOrBust: 11:38am On Mar 05, 2020
Missionaire:

Thanks for the correction.

U r welcome. It is meant in good spirit
Re: Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! by tevinsolt: 11:03pm On Mar 05, 2020
Missionaire:

Very embarrassing my brother. The guy just took it literal. People just read and skip the part of understanding to comment.

It isn't hard to understand why the country is the way it is

1 Like

Re: Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! by Missionaire: 8:53am On Mar 06, 2020
tevinsolt:

It isn't hard to understand why the country is the way it is

No nation or organization advances, progresses or improves beyond the individual advancement, progress or improvement of its people.

1 Like

Re: Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! by DZTech: 8:59pm On Mar 06, 2020
may I applaud all of u who've taken time and effort to school d pack of wolves dt rush to any thread dt criticizes d govt.
u guys r d real MVPs.
I truly believe there's hope 4 dis nation and u guys have confirmed it.
d work ahead is terrifying in it's volume and complexity.
but with una type, hope rising!
up 9ja!! smiley
Re: Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! by Rossinnki: 9:17pm On Mar 06, 2020
CanadaOrBust:

It is “they performed WORSE than us” NOT worst. You only use “worst” if u r comparing more than two things.

I see this on NL all the time and it has really started to irke me. I’ve now decided to correct it every time I see it

Are you minding this bunch of illiterates and self haters on this site?

This site is now a hangout for disgruntled, worthless, jobless, barely literate school dropouts like the OP, so try to understand.

They can barely spell, but of course they are all expert economists.

Worthless.
Re: Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! by Rossinnki: 9:25pm On Mar 06, 2020
DZTech:
point of correction:

u guys didn't overtake south Africa; their economy FELL, dts y ur in front!

now, answer dis analogy-
man 1 earns 100k, has 5 children and owes 30k he used to complete his children's school fees

man 2 earns 80k, has 2 children and owes 10k he used to buy pure water and drinks to sell

who's richer?
which of d two do u think is Nigeria?
qed

Jobless illiterate. If you could read the Bloomberg report, you'd easily see that Nigeria's economic growth rate expanded more than it did in the previous quarters, for which they credited Nigeria's credit expansion drive for SMB businesses, as well as the nation enjoying a boost in oil output, with these factors also accounting for the overtaking of South Africa. Meaning - you illiterate dunce - that NIGERIA contributed to the situation and was not just a beneficiary of SA's slide.

But with the IQ of a he-goat, will any of this register in your thick skull?

Doubt it.
Re: Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! by Rossinnki: 9:33pm On Mar 06, 2020
Missionaire:

''South Africa's economy has been on a downward slope since 2017 and our own has been on an upward slope since that time abi ?

It is good that we progress but our progress should be as a results of improvements and not another nation's poorer performance.

YOU PEOPLE ARE JUST TOO STUPID AND DUMB. HERE IS THE BLOOMBERG REPORT.

''Nigeria’s economic growth beat forecasts in the fourth quarter, helping its economy to expand the most in four years in 2019 as oil output increased and the central bank took steps to boost credit growth. GDP in the West African country stood at $476 billion or $402 billion, depending on the rate used.

South Africa’s economy went in the opposite direction.''

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-03/nigeria-now-tops-south-africa-as-the-continent-s-biggest-economy

Can your THICK SKULL not see that progress in Nigeria contributed to this situation?

Fcking stupid dullards.

Just go and get your refunds back on your education because it was money truly wasted.

AIR HEADS!
Re: Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! by DZTech: 9:43am On Mar 08, 2020
with all ur insults, u still managed to show ur ignorance.
ur betters have explained in a lot of detail, so all u need do is read thru d comments.
but it's doubtful if ur antagonism will give room for new information, since ur quite full of urself.
note-
insults r d 1st refuge of d ignorant.
Google remains ur friend.
God help u.
Rossinnki:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-03/nigeria-now-tops-south-africa-as-the-continent-s-biggest-economy

Re: Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! by nijabazaar: 10:07am On Mar 08, 2020
NGpatriot:

So, it's Nigeria's fault that a man with 5 kids can not make ends meet?

Nigeria did not force you to have sex and have children that you can not support. That's your personal choice and irresponsible behavior.

It's even silly and unpatriotic to use that analogy to negate the positive economic news.

Hated and negativity doesn't look good on you.

Pls go back to school.
Logical analysis is simply beyond you.

You can't give what you don't have...
Re: Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! by Godons1: 10:32am On Mar 08, 2020
DZTech:
point of correction:

now, answer dis analogy-
man 1 earns 100k, has 5 children and owes 30k he used to complete his children's school fees

man 2 earns 80k, has 2 children and owes 10k he used to buy pure water and drinks to sell

who's richer?
qed

See this Igbo MUSLIM. They are always pained when Nigeria is doing well. Upon the security challenges in Nigeria, Nigeria Economy is still stable. Don't forget that the East contribute nothing to the Economy of Nigeria.

Re: Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! by DZTech: 12:03pm On Mar 08, 2020
Godons1:

See this Igbo MUSLIM. They are always pained when Nigeria is doing well. Upon the security challenges in Nigeria, Nigeria Economy is still stable. Don't forget that the East contribute nothing to the Economy of Nigeria.
lol
even d people in ur village who criticize d govt r Igbo Muslims.
fyi, ur nation is bankrupt. meaning, beyond broke.
go argue with financial experts.
sense fall on ostriches lyk u
amen
Re: Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! by Godons1: 12:38pm On Mar 08, 2020
DZTech:
lol
even d people in ur village who criticize d govt r Igbo Muslims.
fyi, ur nation is bankrupt. meaning, beyond broke.
go argue with financial experts.
sense fall on ostriches lyk u
amen

The only Bankrupt Region is the East, cause it's the only region that does not contribute anything to the Economy. grin grin grin

İf I lie, proof me wrong. What does the your tiny and underdeveloped Region contributes to the Economy?

Re: Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! by DZTech: 2:00pm On Mar 08, 2020
Godons1:

The only Bankrupt Region is the East, cause it's the only region that does not contribute anything to the Economy. grin grin grin

İf I lie, proof me wrong. What does the your tiny and underdeveloped Region contributes to the Economy?
u used magic to discover my state of origin, but need me to tell u about regional economy?
go back to ur babalawo to demand a refund o!
meanwhile-
did NBS hide their state igr table?
simple Google search sef dey hard u?
pls go meet ur m8s in primary 3 k?
so pitiful.
Re: Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! by DZTech: 2:03pm On Mar 08, 2020
Mr. "proof me wrong"!
roflmfao!! cheesy
Re: Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! by Godons1: 3:02pm On Mar 08, 2020
DZTech:
u used magic to discover my state of origin, but need me to tell u about regional economy?
go back to ur babalawo to demand a refund o!
meanwhile-
did NBS hide their state igr table?
simple Google search sef dey hard u?
pls go meet ur m8s in primary 3 k?
so pitiful.

Let me help you out.

The East is the only Region that contributes nothing to the Economy. grin grin grin

Re: Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! by xelly: 3:22pm On Mar 08, 2020
DZTech:
point of correction:

now, answer dis analogy-

who's richer?
qed

Your economy is directly proportional to xynophobia. Increase repatriation of foreigners and the result will keep showing.
Re: Africa's Largest Economy: I Beg You, Stop Celebrating Your Mediocrity! by DZTech: 5:35pm On Mar 08, 2020
Godons1:

Let me help you out.

The East is the only Region that contributes nothing to the Economy. grin grin grin
d stupidity being displayed here is really stupendous.
despite all d tips, u choose to remain dumb?
smh
it's ok o, I'll respect ur choice.
but show ur posts to properly educated people around u, eh?
all dts left is-
jump and pass.
#lazynigerianyouth

(1) (2) (Reply)

Did Kemi Olunloyo Actually Hack Nairaland? / WHY FED GOVT SHOULD MOVE FOR KANU’S EXTRADITION – THE NATION NEWS / Chai! So The Military Went & Flog Obas And Their Subjects For Refusing Herdsmen

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.