Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,735 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death (11885 Views)

Nigeria Reports First Coronavirus Death / US Coronavirus Death Toll Rises To 6 / Senegal Confirms First Coronavirus Case, Patient Is A French Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by opportunes: 1:54pm On Mar 04, 2020
Iraq said a 70-year-old Muslim cleric died on Wednesday from the novel coronavirus, the first death from the outbreak in a country where 31 people have been infected. The Iraqi preacher had been quarantined in the northeastern city of Sulaimaniyah before his death, a spokesman for the Kurdish autonomous region’s health authority said.

According to local sources, he had recently met with Iraqis returning from neighbouring Iran, which has recorded the third deadliest outbreak outside China, the epidemic’s epicentre. Across the world, 3,155 people have died from the virus, with China recording 2,943 deaths, Italy 79 while 77 people have died in Iran from the disease.

Iraq is one of Iran’s largest export markets and a popular destination for Iranian pilgrims visiting the holy cities of Najaf and Karbala. Many Iraqis also cross the frontier for business, tourism, medical treatment and religious studies. Iraqi authorities have closed land borders with Iran and banned the entry of foreign nationals travelling from there and other badly affected countries. Schools, universities, cinemas, cafes and other public places in Iraq have been ordered shut until March 7 to further contain the outbreak, but many continue to operate normally.

Responding to Wednesday’s death, Sulaimaniyah Governor Haval Abu Bakr told reporters that all rallies in the province will be banned and that all football matches will now be held behind closed doors. Local religious authorities for their part announced a ban on mass prayers, including on Fridays, until further notice. The outbreak has fuelled public panic among Iraqis who say the war-ravaged country’s healthcare system cannot handle the epidemic.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/iraq-announces-first-coronavirus-death.html

1 Like

Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by Thugnificent(m): 2:12pm On Mar 04, 2020
shocked
Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by nonny1212: 2:12pm On Mar 04, 2020
Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by solja147(m): 2:13pm On Mar 04, 2020
Another one hmm
Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by DigitalPastor: 2:13pm On Mar 04, 2020
Nigeria will not record any death. Like if u believe

119 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by Kazeem2222(m): 2:13pm On Mar 04, 2020
Even Iraq too... This world is slowly coming to an end... Geng video is out sha... Mayorkun new video below;

https://abegabeg.com/video-premiere-mayorkun-geng/

1 Like

Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by GEOANDSONS: 2:13pm On Mar 04, 2020
Haaa
Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by icekalito(m): 2:13pm On Mar 04, 2020
This getting worst
Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by halimadynamite(f): 2:13pm On Mar 04, 2020
I tink it kills d older ones faster dan d younger ones

4 Likes

Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by kendrick93(m): 2:13pm On Mar 04, 2020
Corona virus kills mostly the elderly and those with weak immune system....
So those with health issues like cancer or severe health conditions are at risk..
Any child below 9 years of age is safe too.

16 Likes

Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by Anneka101(f): 2:14pm On Mar 04, 2020
This is sad. Since it had affected in Iran I know getting to Iraq would be easier.

The virus kills elderly people faster.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by Enwhen(m): 2:14pm On Mar 04, 2020
WHY IRAQ ... CORONA VIRUS U WICKED

DOUBLE TRAGEDY
Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by kendrick93(m): 2:14pm On Mar 04, 2020
halimadynamite:
As long as you don't have any underlying health issues, you should be ok

2 Likes

Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by Kylekent59: 2:14pm On Mar 04, 2020
halimadynamite:

Politicians ain't safe

2 Likes

Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by lekspot01(m): 2:15pm On Mar 04, 2020
halimadynamite:
Yes.... My sugar mama namesake
Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by IsaacRocks(m): 2:15pm On Mar 04, 2020
Eya
Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by ZombieHUNT: 2:15pm On Mar 04, 2020
Repeat after me..

Corona virus move to Aso rock

1 Like

Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by Datasolution984: 2:15pm On Mar 04, 2020
Iraq. That is bad
Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by solmus: 2:15pm On Mar 04, 2020
LOL
Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by NaijaRoyalty(m): 2:16pm On Mar 04, 2020
This virus is spreading like wild fire

With the dullard on the helms of affair, Nigeria ain't ready for these.

1 Like

Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by Reggaeboy: 2:16pm On Mar 04, 2020
Oh nooooooo

It’s a pity dooooo

Something must kill a man

Rip to the dead

It must not be well with the person that created this virus cry cry cry

God please by your mercy, heal the world from coronavirus cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by gcon21: 2:18pm On Mar 04, 2020
Arabs too?
Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by Nobody: 2:19pm On Mar 04, 2020
The minute I saw the "city of Sulaymaniyah"... my head simply interpreted it as "the virus must have come in through Iran.

That simple. And the article was spot on. Sulaymaniyah is in the North of Iraq. That's where you have the region of Kurdistan. In fact eastern Kurdistan. If my memory serves me correctly, then it is close to the border with Iran. Very close. He probably just trekked in and trekked out. And that sort of movement you can't really control. Kurds on both ends on the border and others are quite used to moving about freely. That easy.

I wish I could post the map here.

2 Likes

Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by glowingflame7: 2:19pm On Mar 04, 2020
Celebrities just shut up pim for corona. Them no wan trend make corona no locate them.
Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by SHOPPERS(m): 2:20pm On Mar 04, 2020
Seems like this thing kills older people faster. I don't pray this thing touches our dearest bubu o.
Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by BigJakie: 2:20pm On Mar 04, 2020
kendrick93:
Corona virus kills mostly the elderly and those with weak immune system....
So those with health issues like cancer or severe health conditions are at risk..
Any child below 9 years of age is safe too.
Take an example if Buhari for instance gets infected he's a gonna unfortunately....

If I use my football age nko, will I be safe

11 Likes

Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by Nobody: 2:20pm On Mar 04, 2020

The only thing I love about this Corona is that it does not discriminate

It takes the white - so their superiority complex will come to nothing

It affects the black - so we will stop deceiving ourselves of been naturally stronger

It affects Christians (even their oga at the top, the pope) so they won't think their religious difference is superior to others or make them think they have a special grace that will make others infected and not them

It affects Muslim, even the core Islam country Iran and Saudi Arabia so they won't think stoning Satan amount to stoning the problem in their life or world

Terrorist should learn from this if their Allah won't save them on earth he won't save them on any other planet either

It affect atheist - so they all know that 'lack of faith/religion' just like faith/religion itself, saves no one

It affects the rich/politicians/people we voted for - so they won't think they can deny the populace basic and medical amenities then run abroad for their own treatment, take note president buhari

It affect poor so he won't think his poverty is enough and will make him immune to other problem hence he don't need to work harder

5 Likes

Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by snipesdam(m): 2:24pm On Mar 04, 2020
Who thinks of this as the Umbrella company?
Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by 9jaWebSolution: 2:24pm On Mar 04, 2020
Sad.... Coronavirus no get joy oo cry cry cry. May God guide us..

ARE YOU IN NEED OF A PROFESSIONAL WEBSITE DESIGNER? See my signature let's get your job done at affordable price today.
Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by Nobody: 2:24pm On Mar 04, 2020
halimadynamite:

That's a no-brainer.

The older folks don't have much left by way of an immune system left. As such they can be vulnerable to many ailments. Not just Covid-19.

3 Likes

Re: Iraq Announces First Coronavirus Death by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 04, 2020
DigitalPastor:
Nigeria will not record any death. Like if u believe

When was Nigeria awarded the holiest country in the world?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ewe Esinsin – Stinging Nettles, The Powerful Anti-itch Herb / Coronavirus: Immigration CG, Muhammed Babandede Recovers / 6 World’s Craziest And Most Extreme Bodybuilders [pics]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.