Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,381 members, 7,822,788 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Breaking: Suspected Herdsmen Kidnap 3 UNIBEN Lecturers, 12 Students During Field - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Breaking: Suspected Herdsmen Kidnap 3 UNIBEN Lecturers, 12 Students During Field (360 Views)

The Puff Adder I Encountered At UNIBEN Botanical Garden This Morning (Photos) / Ondo State Governor Ordered CP To Tear Gas And Gunshot Students During Protest / Boat Owner Arrested For Carrying 12 Students Without Life Jackets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking: Suspected Herdsmen Kidnap 3 UNIBEN Lecturers, 12 Students During Field by derahhh(m): 4:44pm On Mar 04, 2020
According to exclusive information obtained by Dockaysworld, about 3 lecturers of the University of Benin, UNIBEN and 12 students of the department of Geology, have been kidnapped by suspected herdsmen as they were returning from field trip today the 3rd of March, 2020.

According to our correspondent, the event occurred at about 5pm today as they were rounding up today’s activity of the field trip at a hill in Igarra, Edo North Nigeria.

One of the student who managed to escape spoke to Dockaysworld on phone:

NAIJA NEWS
Breaking: Suspected Herdsmen kidnap 3 UNIBEN lecturers, 12 students during field trip in Igarra Edo state
Amadin Ogbewe
Amadin Ogbewe
. March 3, 2020

According to exclusive information obtained by Dockaysworld, about 3 lecturers of the University of Benin, UNIBEN and 12 students of the department of Geology, have been kidnapped by suspected herdsmen as they were returning from field trip today the 3rd of March, 2020.

According to our correspondent, the event occurred at about 5pm today as they were rounding up today’s activity of the field trip at a hill in Igarra, Edo North Nigeria.

One of the student who managed to escape spoke to Dockaysworld on phone:

”We were at the top of the hill about rounding up today’s field trip when some men with guns came from behind and told us to lie down.

“I and some other students quickly ran down from the hill only to meet other members of the gang waiting for us.

“They also told us to lie down, I immediately gave them the money with me, they told us to wait were we laid and they climbed up to meet their members at the top of the hill. That was when I ran for my life.

“They rounded up about 3 of our lecturers and the students who were up the hill and took them away.

”Currently about 12 of our students and 3 lecturers are missing after the raid”
Re: Breaking: Suspected Herdsmen Kidnap 3 UNIBEN Lecturers, 12 Students During Field by Neroiam(m): 5:14pm On Mar 04, 2020
Why uniben students sabi lie like this?

Na when dem round una, only u kon run for ur life. Shay na only u get leg na grin grin uniben USain BOlt. Come go represent Nigeria for Olympic na. mumuboy

Infact, you should be arrested. If the adoption story is true.. Na u set dem up.

All of them couldn't go up without leaving some people to monitor the guys.
Re: Breaking: Suspected Herdsmen Kidnap 3 UNIBEN Lecturers, 12 Students During Field by godofuck231: 5:59pm On Mar 04, 2020
if the criminals are armed so should every citizen
Re: Breaking: Suspected Herdsmen Kidnap 3 UNIBEN Lecturers, 12 Students During Field by Ebenezer2021(m): 10:57pm On Mar 04, 2020
Neroiam:
Why uniben students sabi lie like this?

Na when dem round una, only u kon run for ur life. Shay na only u get leg na grin grin uniben USain BOlt. Come go represent Nigeria for Olympic na. mumuboy

Infact, you should be arrested. If the adoption story is true.. Na u set dem up.

All of them couldn't go up without leaving some people to monitor the guys.
uniben sef isn't in session so that trip is an illegal or perhaps an audio (non existent) one

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Suspected Herdsmen Kidnap 3 UNIBEN Lecturers, 12 Students During Field by LuciusX: 8:28pm On Mar 06, 2020
Help me cry cry . My cousin is part of the unfortunate ones. We're from Igarra.

(1) (Reply)

Maybe You'll Stop Attacking Sanusi Lamido After Reading This / CORONA VIRUS; Stay At Home Order, Reno Urges FG to Provide Food for Nigerians / PANDEMIC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.