Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,392 members, 7,836,577 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Ohaneze Warns IGP: Enough Of The Intimidation Of Fulani Herdsmen in Igbo land - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ohaneze Warns IGP: Enough Of The Intimidation Of Fulani Herdsmen in Igbo land (910 Views)

Ohaneze Warns Igbo Not To Be Part Of The Hardship Protest In The Country / Prison Attack: Bandits Acting A Script, Protect South-west, Gani Adams Warns IGP / Stop Frustrating Air Peace Boss, Innoson, Others, Ohaneze Warns FG. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ohaneze Warns IGP: Enough Of The Intimidation Of Fulani Herdsmen in Igbo land by fairymonk: 5:33pm On Mar 04, 2020
The President-General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Chief John Nnia Nwodo has written to the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Mohammed Adamu, warning that Ndigbo had taken enough of the harassment and intimidation of Fulani herdsmen in Igboland.

He said though Ndigbo are law-abiding and hospitable, they are ever capable of defending themselves and would not fold their arms and allow gun-toting, marauding Fulani herdsmen to continue harassing, raping, maiming and killing them in their own homes.

Nwodo whose letter stemmed from an alleged action of the Fulani herders and their leaders recently at a meeting in Awka in the presence of police, whereby they called the bluff of their host communities following reports that they were moving about with AK-47 rifles.

READ MORE FROM SOURCE: smiley

https://ohafia-tv.com/ohaneze-warns-igp-enough-of-the-harassment-and-intimidation-of-fulani-herdsmen-in-igboland/04/03/2020/

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze Warns IGP: Enough Of The Intimidation Of Fulani Herdsmen in Igbo land by Neroiam(m): 5:35pm On Mar 04, 2020
Just get permission from government and remake it happen
Re: Ohaneze Warns IGP: Enough Of The Intimidation Of Fulani Herdsmen in Igbo land by tsephanyah(f): 5:36pm On Mar 04, 2020
Lol. Ojukwu, once said that "whilst I live, Biafra lives." The Oxford-educated son of a millionaire Ibo businessman, he was the stony heart and strategic brain behind the long refusal of Biafra to surrender to an army far larger and better-equipped. Historians and Ibos who fought along with him accuse Ojukwu of pointlessly prolonging the war as tens of thousands of Ibos starved.

Ojukwu fled Biafra two days before the war ended and spent 13 years in exile. After a pardon in 1982, he returned home and served as a vice president in a civilian government. Now, as a private citizen, he says he has "every political ambition that a citizen of Nigeria legitimately has."

"I do believe the nation has benefited from this rather painful education," he said. "I believe that any leader of any group in Nigeria today should be seeking greater integration. I believe the name of the game is nation-building."

Re: Ohaneze Warns IGP: Enough Of The Intimidation Of Fulani Herdsmen in Igbo land by CTechHub(m): 5:38pm On Mar 04, 2020
Contact me for your professional logo designs.

It cost just 2k only
Offer valid for today only!
Re: Ohaneze Warns IGP: Enough Of The Intimidation Of Fulani Herdsmen in Igbo land by EcoBrick: 5:55pm On Mar 04, 2020
What's stopping the several vigilante groups in the southeast from curbing the excesses of these terroristic herdsmen? Or is it that they are afraid to confront them and protect igbo's in their own land?? It's not making sense to me.

2 Likes

Re: Ohaneze Warns IGP: Enough Of The Intimidation Of Fulani Herdsmen in Igbo land by dangermouse(m): 6:11pm On Mar 04, 2020
op should edit the misleading headline. it says another thing while the body says another. The igbos should do the needful and protect themselves from these nusiance of a people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ohaneze Warns IGP: Enough Of The Intimidation Of Fulani Herdsmen in Igbo land by Iyiataata92: 6:15pm On Mar 04, 2020
The same IGP you invited to come and help you form your local vigilante group? How on earth can you prove now that you're not a confused man
Re: Ohaneze Warns IGP: Enough Of The Intimidation Of Fulani Herdsmen in Igbo land by Nobody: 6:16pm On Mar 04, 2020
What is wrong with these people
Re: Ohaneze Warns IGP: Enough Of The Intimidation Of Fulani Herdsmen in Igbo land by Iyiataata92: 6:17pm On Mar 04, 2020
dangermouse:
op should edit the misleading headline. it says another thing while the body says another. The igbos should do the needful and protect themselves from these nusiance of a people
Honestly! I even thought they were trying to tell the IGP to order police to stop harassing herdsmen. The headline says a different thing entirely
Re: Ohaneze Warns IGP: Enough Of The Intimidation Of Fulani Herdsmen in Igbo land by fairymonk: 6:20pm On Mar 04, 2020
Sorry the caption was shortened by Naira land. The title ended with "In Igbo land
Re: Ohaneze Warns IGP: Enough Of The Intimidation Of Fulani Herdsmen in Igbo land by fairymonk: 6:21pm On Mar 04, 2020
Iyiataata92:

Honestly! I even thought they were trying to tell the IGP to order police to stop harassing herdsmen. The headline says a different thing entirely

Sorry the caption was shortened by Naira land. The title ended with "In Igbo land
Re: Ohaneze Warns IGP: Enough Of The Intimidation Of Fulani Herdsmen in Igbo land by dangermouse(m): 6:34pm On Mar 04, 2020
Iyiataata92:

Hope the op has done the needful?
Re: Ohaneze Warns IGP: Enough Of The Intimidation Of Fulani Herdsmen in Igbo land by Iyiataata92: 6:36pm On Mar 04, 2020
dangermouse:
Hope the op has done the needful?
Maybe. He cant come and kill himself naa
Re: Ohaneze Warns IGP: Enough Of The Intimidation Of Fulani Herdsmen in Igbo land by sapientia(m): 7:25pm On Mar 04, 2020
Please, amend topic to at least 'by' instead of 'of'.

Was close to puke.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Ohaneze Warns IGP: Enough Of The Intimidation Of Fulani Herdsmen in Igbo land by NOHOIDSBAR: 8:37pm On Mar 04, 2020
[s]
tsephanyah:
Lol. Ojukwu, once said that "whilst I live, Biafra lives." The Oxford-educated son of a millionaire Ibo businessman, he was the stony heart and strategic brain behind the long refusal of Biafra to surrender to an army far larger and better-equipped. Historians and Ibos who fought along with him accuse Ojukwu of pointlessly prolonging the war as tens of thousands of Ibos starved.

Ojukwu fled Biafra two days before the war ended and spent 13 years in exile. After a pardon in 1982, he returned home and served as a vice president in a civilian government. Now, as a private citizen, he says he has "every political ambition that a citizen of Nigeria legitimately has."

"I do believe the nation has benefited from this rather painful education," he said. "I believe that any leader of any group in Nigeria today should be seeking greater integration. I believe the name of the game is nation-building."
[/s]
Re: Ohaneze Warns IGP: Enough Of The Intimidation Of Fulani Herdsmen in Igbo land by giftedben: 9:27pm On Mar 04, 2020
EcoBrick:
What's stopping the several vigilante groups in the southeast from curbing the excesses of these terroristic herdsmen? Or is it that they are afraid to confront them and protect igbo's in their own land?? It's not making sense to me.

It is not that they are afraid. They only follow the orders of the State Governors because their salaries are being payed by them.
Re: Ohaneze Warns IGP: Enough Of The Intimidation Of Fulani Herdsmen in Igbo land by Nobody: 2:17am On Mar 05, 2020
tsephanyah:

Ojukwu served as vice president where?

(1) (Reply)

Easter: Tinubu Asks FG To Increase Stipends Given To Poor Nigerians / Is Kemi Olunloyo Still Alive? / Biography Of Ramatu Tijjani Aliyu, The Kogi Woman On Buhari's Ministerial Sit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.