Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,696 members, 7,820,431 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation (27668 Views)

Adeleke Storms Out Of Eid After Clash With Ajibola Basiru, Ex-Senate Spokesman / Senator Ajibola Bashiru Meets Tinubu In Mecca (Pictures) / Ajibola Basiru Asks Malami To Resign: ‘You Are Rubbishing Buhari’s Govt’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by ijustdey: 7:00am On Mar 05, 2020
The senator representing Osun Central , Ajibola Basiru, said some of his aides entered his bedroom and stole an undisclosed amount of money when he was on vacation .

While responding to in statement shared on Facebook pages of some of his followers on Wednesday , Basiru said two of his aides were arrested by security agents in connection with the incident .

An aide of the lawmaker, Ibrahim Khalid, when contacted, confirmed to our correspondent that the lawmaker authored the statement .

According to the lawmaker, the incident happened in December 2019 when he was on vacation with his family, saying the perpetrators gained entrance to his bedroom without forcing the doors open, as there were no signs of forced entry .

Denying asking the suspects to swear oath over the missing money , Basiru said soon after the incident , the only maid in his house , fled and left her phones behind .

He said the incident raised issues of serious security breach and a potential threat to his life and his family ’s .

The statement read, “ The apprehension of the maid led to the arrest of two of my aides under lawful authority , and relevant orders of court obtained to search, investigate, arrest , and where necessary , detain the suspects .

“ The families of the suspects were duly informed and were obliged access to the suspects at all times.

“ However, in view of the meddlesomeness into and politicisation of the investigation , I have taken the decision to distance myself from the aides in the interest of my security and that of my family .”

https://punchng.com/my-aides-stole-money-from-my-room-during-vacation-senator/

1 Share

Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by NextD18: 7:01am On Mar 05, 2020
Why's he scared of mentioning the amount? cheesy

Criminals!!

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by Nackzy: 7:01am On Mar 05, 2020
It's very possible you're a stingy Senator

44 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by helinues: 7:02am On Mar 05, 2020
Our money not your money..

So stop complaining

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by thesicilian: 7:03am On Mar 05, 2020
Nackzy:
'stinginess' is not an excuse for stealing.

69 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by agulion: 7:04am On Mar 05, 2020
They took their own share of the National cake, Yoruba Muslims are bad

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by Officialgarri: 7:04am On Mar 05, 2020
He should tell us how much was stolen and let EFCC swing into action and get him arrested for laundering..

Nackzy:
stop telling people they are stingy. Don't dictate for people on how to dash out their money.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by Nackzy: 7:05am On Mar 05, 2020
Officialgarri:
He should tell us how much was stolen and let EFCC swing into action and get him arrested for laundering..stop telling people they are stingy.
Why, tell me

2 Likes

Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by bluebay(m): 7:15am On Mar 05, 2020
agulion:
They took their own share of the National cake, Yoruba Muslims are bad
Close your mouth na...

4 Likes

Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by donbachi(m): 7:15am On Mar 05, 2020
They did not steal 4rm u...they only collected their own share of the senatorial district allowance.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by cRobo: 7:43am On Mar 05, 2020
I won't say a word

2 Likes

Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by hakeemhakeem(m): 7:56am On Mar 05, 2020
It better than efcc burst you moreover why keeping the money at home, you should have told constituency to form cooperative according to their profession gives them loan with low interest

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by espn(m): 7:57am On Mar 05, 2020
Na so the money plenty reach wey you dey keep am for house...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by niniola11(f): 8:37am On Mar 05, 2020
Well both you and your aides are criminals. They know they are only there to get money fast by any means necessary. That's the problem we facing in Nigeria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by Fountainofyouth(f): 8:37am On Mar 05, 2020
Very good of them, imagine an armed robber saying someone stole from him, if I was your aid I will also steal the room too, nonsense.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by EmekaMD(m): 8:38am On Mar 05, 2020
How much did they steal Mr Senator ?
What is such amount of cash doing in ur room when there are banks, especially when you're not even in town ? Or are you scared of whistle blowers ?

I don't condone theft of any kind but hey..
You lost it exactly how you got it: theft !!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by Mowoe(m): 8:38am On Mar 05, 2020
Nackzy:
Very possible! Just that stealing is stealing regardless.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by Onlinealaba(m): 8:38am On Mar 05, 2020
Why steal from your superior, some people are just so greedy and ignorant, an aide to a senator who is ought to be loyal and access many other benefits, well well we sell Smart TVs and sound bars
Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by Dobson43: 8:39am On Mar 05, 2020
tongue
Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by Kingrefreshed: 8:39am On Mar 05, 2020
ijustdey:

https://punchng.com/my-aides-stole-money-from-my-room-during-vacation-senator/

And so what? That's how you've been stealing from your people. Move on Barawo!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by hisexcellency34: 8:39am On Mar 05, 2020
You also stole tax payers money

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by Sijo01(f): 8:40am On Mar 05, 2020
Why stack money in your room in the first place

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by funmike83(f): 8:40am On Mar 05, 2020
Maybe u didn't treat them well. Moreover they needed to take their own national cake

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by Akhagbenidestin(m): 8:40am On Mar 05, 2020
he steal am well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by lyriclekidd(m): 8:41am On Mar 05, 2020
Stole our money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by ArmaniUhuru: 8:41am On Mar 05, 2020
Your aide stole from you, because he knows you are stealing from the people.

Thief jam thief.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by Ayoswit(f): 8:41am On Mar 05, 2020
How much was stolen? undecided
Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by Bukayot: 8:41am On Mar 05, 2020
Thief steal,thief collect.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Senator Ajibola Basiru: My Aides Stole Money From My Room During Vacation by freetheking: 8:42am On Mar 05, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ISWAP Top Member, Nasiru Mohammed Arrested In Kaduna While Welcoming New Recruit / I had no Conversation With Tinubu, DSS DG on tribunal cases - CJN Ariwoola / President Buhari Will Not Resign – Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.