Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun (21638 Views)

Obi Vs Tinubu: Resolve Petitions Before May 29 – Afenifere Urges Tribunal / South-West Lawmakers Reject Miyetti Allah’s Request To Join Amotekun / "Retire In 2019, Nigeria Needs A Healthy President" - Afenifere Urges Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Born2Breed(f): 3:12pm On Mar 05, 2020
Simbrixton:
akoko edo and esan are yorubas

and we have opc fully thriving in edo

Stop spewing ignorance.
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Tomide007: 3:12pm On Mar 05, 2020
Alagboo:
It was an Elderly man from Kwara State that told me,
You know I served in Kwara State, Bacita precisely,
So I'm acting based on information (Right Source) if You Know You Know
I give up, you're right...I'm saying the same thing....bukola is a nupe name....even saraki's family house that's called ile arugbo (meaning old man house in Yoruba) was actually called that by Yoruba media.....you're 100% correct. thanks for the info.

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Born2Breed(f): 3:13pm On Mar 05, 2020
odigbosky:

Mama hep me tell dem ooo.
Mama I sent a message

Okay.
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by technicallyrich(m): 3:14pm On Mar 05, 2020
mercyville:

These are the only cowards in Nigeria not empire builders like the Great Yorubas.
remember a small minority tribe in ss/se conquered the derty afonajas.
Benin people conquered the afonjas i hope you know.
Fnally i am an ijaw man and not igbo.
I wont reply you agin wxcept you show me prove that you are no longer a weakk koward.
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Born2Breed(f): 3:14pm On Mar 05, 2020
Tomide007:

Akoko edo in edo state speaks yoruba.

Don't let the Akoko deceive you.
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Tomide007: 3:16pm On Mar 05, 2020
Born2Breed:

Don't the Akoko deceive you.
Yup they speak Benin.
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by BennyDon: 3:17pm On Mar 05, 2020
stonemasonn:
they're mostly Yorubas

We're proud Yorubas!
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by NaijirianKing: 3:25pm On Mar 05, 2020
Interesting.

Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by kayusely70(m): 3:26pm On Mar 05, 2020
OmoManU:
hope you know what you talking about sha, in a state where out of 16 local governments 12 is Yoruba, hope you are not mad and you will allow hatred in your heart let you see sense
Most of those disputing that dont know that Baturen, Edu, Kaiama & Pategi are the only non Yoruba Local Govts other 12 are Yorubas.
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Tomide007: 3:28pm On Mar 05, 2020
NaijirianKing:

It's not about the name of the village or city. If an Ijaw man moves to a Yoruba area and adopts it as his village, that doesn't mean that the Ijaw man is Yoruba.

Sarah even said it.

"My great-great grandfather originated from Mali and I am talking about some 150 to 200 years ago. And they are Fulani and that is where we got our Fulani connection from. My great grandfather settled in Ilorin preaching the religion of Islam."

He is a Fulani, many Fulani are settlers. They're not truly from the place they "settled."
Okay, so you're saying that Yoruba's own Ilorin, then Fulani's came to join them there.
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by NaijirianKing: 3:30pm On Mar 05, 2020
Interesting.

Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Tomide007: 3:32pm On Mar 05, 2020
NaijirianKing:

You have to understand the Fulani man, anywhere he settles he takes on a bit of the culture and language of the host community.

In fact, in the core North some Fulani have become so "Hausanized" that they are almost indistinguishable from the indigenous Hausa people. It's a common occurrence.
You're absolutely right....and to honor their neighbors, they decided to make call where they settled as Ilorin...I get absolutely.
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by tiredoflife(m): 3:35pm On Mar 05, 2020
LZAA:

Afamed and musachukwudi take note
Cc immhotep iceberg3 ebenezar2020 blackking98

Why are u foaming in the mouth
Truth is bitter.
Read ur history
Kwara was conquered by the fulanis.
Yorubas are mere 2nd class tribe in kwara

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by NaijirianKing: 3:36pm On Mar 05, 2020
Interesting.

Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Awoleesu(m): 3:39pm On Mar 05, 2020
Omo ale gambari jati jati niiii!
If this call was made to the Late Mohammed Lawal, maybe...just maybe!
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by tiredoflife(m): 3:40pm On Mar 05, 2020
NaijirianKing:

It's not about the name of the village or city. If an Ijaw man moves to a Yoruba area and adopts it as his village, that doesn't mean that the Ijaw man is Yoruba.

Sarah even said it.

"My great-great grandfather originated from Mali and I am talking about some 150 to 200 years ago. And they are Fulani and that is where we got our Fulani connection from. My great grandfather settled in Ilorin preaching the religion of Islam."

He is a Fulani, many Fulani are settlers. They're not truly from the place they "settled."

Yet they have an emir
Yorubas have no king in kwara
The traditional leaders dont wear their crown when summoned to the palace of the emir
Neither are they crowned in their palaces
The emir gives dem staff of office
They are subject to the emir
Kwara belongs to the fulanis

The last time OPC wanted to crown an oba in kwara
We know how they all ran for their lifes
As soldiers were deployed to kwara state to stop the coronation

Kwara is a fulani state period
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Born2Breed(f): 3:40pm On Mar 05, 2020
Tomide007:

Yup they speak Benin.

They don't speak Benin and they don't speak anything close to Yoruba either.

The first person that revolted against speaking Yoruba in the former Mid-West was actually from Akoko Edo. That singular act was what led to the MidWest referendum which led to the creation of MidWestern region from Western region.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by NaijirianKing: 3:42pm On Mar 05, 2020
Interesting.

Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Iceberg3: 3:42pm On Mar 05, 2020
tiredoflife:

Why are u foaming in the mouth
Truth is bitter.
Read ur history
Kwara was conquered by the fulanis.
Yorubas are mere 2nd class tribe in kwara

Hey pay attention!!! Don't mistake comrade Lzaa for some zombies.
I'm pretty sure you qouted the wrong person. Better recognise, thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by tiredoflife(m): 3:42pm On Mar 05, 2020
NaijirianKing:

At one point in time, the ancient Oyo Kingdom founded that city and helped it develop. However, the Sokoto Caliphate began to wage war on weaker kingdoms in their immediate vicinity and the Oyo Kingdom with all of its riches was a prime target.

The Brittish invasion halted the Sokoto Caliphate from engulfing Oyo, and a line was drawn between the two mighty empires where Illorin stayed on the side of the victors, the Fulani.

The descendants of the victors stayed in their newly acquired territory and are still in prominent positions today.

With all ur stories
U stylishly avoided the Alami and afonja narratives and blamed the British

Afonja sold the yorubas to the fulanis out of greed
The fulani killed him and installed their emir
Tell it as it is
Leave the British out of it

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by NovusHomo(m): 3:44pm On Mar 05, 2020
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by NaijirianKing: 3:49pm On Mar 05, 2020
Interesting.

Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by HAKYN1: 3:53pm On Mar 05, 2020
technicallyrich:

remember a small minority tribe in ss/se conquered the derty afonajas.
Benin people conquered the afonjas i hope you know.
Fnally i am an ijaw man and not igbo.
I wont reply you agin wxcept you show me prove that you are no longer a weakk koward.

There was no empire in southern nigeria in pre colonial Nigeria apart from Oyo, the empire expanded as far as Ewe of Togo of today. When men are discussing an Osu who has no history of any development beyond hamlet or a disgruntled supposed Ijaw should keep quiet. You ilks were taught a terrible lesson in Ajegunle. We are not mates in all ramifications of life.

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Tomide007: 3:54pm On Mar 05, 2020
NaijirianKing:

Not entirely. The place was founded by Yorubas from the then Oyo Kingdom, however these original inhabitants were displaced by the new arrivals, those being the Fulanis and other groups from the Northern part of Nigeria who accompanied the Fulani in the raids.

That's why those people are now an amalgamation of different groups who adopted Yoruba as a lingua franca of communication. However, not everyone in that geographical area is a Yoruba person.

That's why they voted to stay with their brothers in the North when they had the chance to cast ballots as to which region they would belong to.
Okay, but firstly, Fulani's didn't invade Ilorin, the founder of Ilorin was a general from Oyo empire called afonja......the British invasion of Nigeria was in 1901..the indigenes of kwara were never displaced.
It was the headquarters of an Oyo General, Afonja, who rebelled against the empire and helped bring about its collapse with the assistance of the Fulani. The rebellion was powered by Nupe and Bou Moslem slaves.Afonja had been assisted by Salih Janta, also called Shehu Alimi, a leader of the local Fulani. In 1824, Afonja was assassinated and Salih's son Abdulsalam became Emir.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by LZAA: 3:54pm On Mar 05, 2020
Iceberg3:

Hey pay attention!!! Don't mistake comrade Lzaa for some zombies.
I'm pretty sure you qouted the wrong person. Better recognise, thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by NaijirianKing: 3:57pm On Mar 05, 2020
Interesting.

1 Share

Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by HAKYN1: 3:59pm On Mar 05, 2020
NaijirianKing:

I agree. Kwara is a Fulani state, but only has Yoruba names and language because that was the culture of the people who used to reside in that area, those people were displaced, but their cultural heritage and remnants still remain.

It's the same reason Lagos is called Eko, and Eko is Beni, but Yoruba took over the area but left the name intact. The same way Fulani and other Northerners now own that area and it is part and parcel of the North, but has ancient elements from Oyo.

Oranmiyan, the last child of Oduduwa established Bini as "Ile Ibinu" Lagos is called "Eko Akete" If Eko has Benin meaning, what is Akete in Edo language. The "Oba" used in Benin and "Olu" used in Warri are Yoruba titles. Revisionist history by palm wine drinking elders in your village will only embarrass you.

2 Likes

Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Tomide007: 3:59pm On Mar 05, 2020
NaijirianKing:

You're correct, Afonja caused confusion and betrayed his blood. A sad tale and a lesson to others to never betray your blood.

Yes, this is true, but the Sokoto Caliphate would've conquered the entirety of the Oyo Kingdom as Oyo was in a weak dynastic period plagued by many internal problems.

The point is that what happened in Kwara would have happened in the entire SW as well if the Brittish didn't show up and start fighting the Sokoto Caliphate.
Ibadan defeated fulani, not the British.so many loopholes to tell a narrative.

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by HAKYN1: 4:00pm On Mar 05, 2020
NaijirianKing:

You're correct, Afonja caused confusion and betrayed his blood. A sad tale and a lesson to others to never betray your blood.

Yes, this is true, but the Sokoto Caliphate would've conquered the entirety of the Oyo Kingdom as Oyo was in a weak dynastic period plagued by many internal problems.

The point is that what happened in Kwara would have happened in the entire SW as well if the Brittish didn't show up and start fighting the Sokoto Caliphate.

No sir, the Fulanis were defeated by the Ibadan forces at the battle of Osogbo in 1840. Stop revisionist history

4 Likes

Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by mohlanforex: 4:02pm On Mar 05, 2020
Kwara state have 16 Local government area

12 Local government area belong to Yoruba

2 local government area belong to NUPE/TAPA

2 Local government area belong to Baruba

since 1999 till now all Kwara state Governor are all Yoruba

since 1999 till Now Kwara have 4 Governors, which one of them is from AFONJA family in idi ape, his name Muhammad Alabi Lawal

if Nigeria is to separate today, 12 yoruba local government area of Kwara state will automatically or by Referendum join oduduwa republic..

I'm from Ilorin
that's the fact.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by HAKYN1: 4:05pm On Mar 05, 2020
mohlanforex:
Kwara state have 16 Local government area

12 Local government area belong to Yoruba

2 local government area belong to NUPE/TAPA

2 Local government area belong to Baruba

since 1999 till now all Kwara state Governor are all Yoruba

since 1999 till Now Kwara have 4 Governors, which one of them is from AFONJA family in idi ape, his name Muhammad Alabi Lawal

if Nigeria is to separate today, 12 yoruba local government area of Kwara state will automatically or by Referendum join oduduwa republic..

I'm from Ilorin
that's the fact.

Osus dont know this, they rather rely on the lies told them by their coward elders

4 Likes

Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Tomide007: 4:05pm On Mar 05, 2020
NaijirianKing:

Kwara is not part of SW, they are not Yoruba, language doesn't make tribe, otherwise we English speaking Nigerians would be English.

Some Yoruba migrated their, but it's not a Yoruba state, otherwise it would be in the SW.
Native language, culture and way of life doesn't make a tribe? Em, geographical location does..so many wrong info in your story....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Private Schools, Others To Benefit From Msmes Support Scheme – Osinbajo / 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Eminently Qualified To Rule Nigeria ― Amaechi / Kachikwu Submitted Letter To Buhari Only AFTER Media Leak

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.