Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,990 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun (21642 Views)

Obi Vs Tinubu: Resolve Petitions Before May 29 – Afenifere Urges Tribunal / South-West Lawmakers Reject Miyetti Allah’s Request To Join Amotekun / "Retire In 2019, Nigeria Needs A Healthy President" - Afenifere Urges Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Born2Breed(f): 11:23pm On Mar 05, 2020
Simbrixton:
madam akoko edo people are yoruba infact your most vibrant governor in history ambrose folorunsho alli is yoruba stop getting worked up

No one is getting worked up. You are only confused.

Go and read your history properly.
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by tommynico(m): 6:53am On Mar 06, 2020
tutudesz:

You said Edo and Kwara are border state, which is wrong!!

You're wrong sire....both kwara and edo states are border states to the southwestern states....
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by tommynico(m): 6:57am On Mar 06, 2020
hammerU:
[s][/s]

GO AND LEARN YOUR HISTORY, YORUBA AND FULANI BOTH CAME TO NIGERIA.

THEY ARE NOT NIGERIANS.

THE ORIGINAL NIGERIANS ARE HAUSA, MIBBLE BELT AND SS.SE.

YORUBA CAME AND MET US AND TURN OUR LIVES UPSIDE DOWN, WITH THEIR FULANI BROTHERS.

At this point I would be correct and most sincere If I say you are brain dead
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by tommynico(m): 6:59am On Mar 06, 2020
Iyiataata92:

With an Emir?
Emir of just one city...ilorin, not the state.
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by tommynico(m): 7:04am On Mar 06, 2020
technicallyrich:

u dey fuk up.
I am an ijaw man and when the time come yorubas will fight ijaws to take lagos and ondo state,a originally we own those two state.
And can you imagine only one tribe fighting ijaw.
That will be akin to mass suicide.and dont forget other of our brothers from ss/se will gladly join us to fight.
What do you mean you "originally own the two states"....the ijaws in ondo state only share a local government-"ese odo" with the apoi people who are a sub-group of the Yoruba ethinicy. The last crisis of 1998 between the ijaws and ilaje people is still very clear and shows how the ijaws are weakened in the state....
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by tommynico(m): 7:07am On Mar 06, 2020
technicallyrich:

men that have balls and are not kowards,have read and understood.
You are hungry,eat some amala before reading,you will understand it.
Afonjas no get streghnt and that is an open secret.
And ijaws are extremely brave and stubborn people.that is another open secret.

Remember the hard and harsh lesson you were taught by the ilajes right....I'll bet you still do, so please stop beating your empty chest...

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by tommynico(m): 7:08am On Mar 06, 2020
technicallyrich:

that is why we want our own country.where we will call the shots.
Either niger delta republic or biafra.
And we will sieze ondo and lagos state.
The only thing afonja muslim we do is cry and shout ag ag ag egba mi oo our land.
Becos they cant fight us and that is a fact.
If its juju it wont work because no be only them they worship juju.

I weep for you...
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by tommynico(m): 7:24am On Mar 06, 2020
NaijirianKing:

To an extent I agree with you. But, you have to understand history through an African context to truly understand our ancient civilizations.

I see from your responses that you're a true student of history, we need sharp minds like yours to delve deep into history as you may be able to further educate those around you about our true history and not the one Europeans foisted on us to foster an inferiority complex.

You surrendered but with your head lifted up.
A very good one.
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by tommynico(m): 7:32am On Mar 06, 2020
NaijirianKing:

Moreover, by your same definition, a Conferderacy is an alignment of confederating states, nations and or kingdoms. Which fits your definition of an Empire.

Following your logic, the Aro Confederacy was an amalgamation of over 17 kingdoms could have just as easily been called an Empire, going by your vary same definition.

This is why it's out of place to use modern English terms to describe ancient African civilizations.

Confederations are not empires, though they may be constituted by kingdoms, there's no centralised place or position of power that is arbitrary...unlike an empire where one person on a throne can pronounce a decree and it will be binding to all; in a confederate, each quarter has equal influence and input in every decision making.
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Simbrixton(m): 7:33am On Mar 06, 2020
Born2Breed:

No one is getting worked up. You are only confused.

Go and read your history properly.

well i have just told you d gist already

you can deny for all i care akoko edo is yorubaland
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by tommynico(m): 7:44am On Mar 06, 2020
Simbrixton:

I have two colleagues at my work place who are from Edo state...the name of one is OBANLA meaning "a mighty/big God" and the name of the other is "TEMITOPE".....both from akoko-edo and they speak fluent undiluted Yoruba, even purer than how I speak...

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Simbrixton(m): 7:54am On Mar 06, 2020
tommynico:

I have two colleagues at my work place who are from Edo state...the name of one is OBANLA meaning "a mighty/big God" and the name of the other is "TEMITOPE".....both from akoko-edo and they speak fluent undiluted Yoruba, even purer than how I speak...
no mind dem at all
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Nobody: 8:07am On Mar 06, 2020
Born2Breed:

There is no yoruba LGA or yoruba speaking LGA in Edo state.

There is also no ibo speaking LGA in Edo state.

Nobody asked you about Igbo here. Answer your questions directly without drifting to sound balanced.

nonsense
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 06, 2020
Simbrixton:
hahahaha akoko edo are yoruba people anyway esan people are yorubas dat were under d bini empire

dude technically bini and yoruba are dsame people by dna na politics separate us

for example my surname is igun my ancestors migrated from bini to ife and we nationalised dere things are only complex now becuse of politics

I totally agree with you most especially @bolded.

Yorubas and Bini are same people..

Only biased minds always argue that.
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Nobody: 8:22am On Mar 06, 2020
Tomide007:

i think you and Born2Breed are actually kinda right. The Yoruba tribe located in Edo state is a minority tribe. Unlike the Yorubas in other states, the Yorubas in Edo state are politically and economically disadvantaged. The Yoruba tribe in Edo is located in a part of Edo that is close to Ore in Ondo state. Although these people speak the Yoruba language, their dialect is influenced by the Bini language.

Not right but right.

Let us stop all these half truth in this country just to pacify some persons or people.

Yorubas and binis are same people.....No difference.

I don't hide mouth saying that here always. Both are same people and has always related as one both politically even culturally.

The guy is right...Bini and Yorubas are same . what changed is simply people not telling themselves the truth.
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Born2Breed(f): 8:59am On Mar 06, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Not right but right.

Let us stop all these half truth in this country just to pacify some persons or people.

Yorubas and binis are same people.....No difference.

I don't hide mouth saying that here always. Both are same people and has always related as one both politically even culturally.

The guy is right...Bini and Yorubas are same . what changed is simply people not telling themselves the truth.

IBO and Kogi are the same period.
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Born2Breed(f): 9:01am On Mar 06, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Nobody asked you about Igbo here. Answer your questions directly without drifting to sound balanced.

nonsense

You are so predictable.

No ethnic group speaks IBO in Edo.

You know that quite alright.
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Born2Breed(f): 9:06am On Mar 06, 2020
Simbrixton:

Ignorance is bliss.
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by orisa37: 9:10am On Mar 06, 2020
SUPPORTED.
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 06, 2020
Born2Breed:

You are so predictable.

No ethnic group speaks IBO in Edo.

You know that quite alright.

You predictability is zero. This is because if you can predict well you should already know I don't even buy the idea of Igbos in Edo state. Take that emotional lots.

What I corrects here is some Edo saying Bini kingdom extends as far as R.Niger and all that bla bla they always spew.

History is not can't be thought on reverse psychology.

Yorubas and binis has so much in common and are same people. Both were all in former west region. Both share similarities even in names.

Stop arguing the truth that facts available to common man says otherwise.
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by OmoManU: 9:16am On Mar 06, 2020
NaijirianKing:

That's a problematic statement.

The Emirate of Ilorin is a beautiful historical Emirate with a colorful history.

We shouldn't look down on any part of the country but embrace every inch and civilization for what it is.

It is the southern most tip of Northern Nigeria, a beautiful blend of Fulani, Nupe and other Northern elements.
but funny enough, no matter how much truth is tried to be flipped truth will forever remain the truth. Ilorin and kwara state in general is never part of northern Nigeria and it will never be.

1 Like

Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Nobody: 9:18am On Mar 06, 2020
Born2Breed:

IBO and Kogi are the same period.
Kogi is a state..Igbo is an ethnic group.
Edo/Bini is a tribe same as Yorubas which they share so much in common with.
Your argument looks weak but there are certain things that are undisputable.
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Born2Breed(f): 9:22am On Mar 06, 2020
MelesZenawi:

You predictability is zero. This is because if you can predict well you should already know I don't even buy the idea of Igbos in Edo state. Take that emotional lots.

What I corrects here is some Edo saying Bini kingdom extends as far as R.Niger and all that bla bla they always spew.

History is not can't be thought on reverse psychology.

Yorubas and binis has so much in common and are same people. Both were all in former west region. Both share similarities even in names.

Stop arguing the truth that facts available to common man says otherwise.

The Ekperis in Rivers won't agree with you oh least I forget the Oguta's won't agree either.

The whole anioma which includes Okpanam where most of Anambarians migrated from were part of the Old Western region. Does that make them Yoruba too?
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Born2Breed(f): 9:44am On Mar 06, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Kogi is a state..Igbo is an ethnic group.

Edo/Bini is a tribe same as Yorubas which they share so much in common with.

Your argument looks weak but there are certain things that are undisputable.

I've been mentioning Kogi hoping you could decipher.

Well,I overrated your IQ.

I'm done with you.
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Simbrixton(m): 9:50am On Mar 06, 2020
Born2Breed:

I'm done with you.
igbirras are ibos lol
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Nobody: 9:56am On Mar 06, 2020
Born2Breed:

The Ekperis in Rivers won't agree with you oh least I forget the Oguta's won't agree either.

The whole anioma which includes Okpanam where most of Anambarians migrated from were part of the Old Western region. Does that make them Yoruba too?

Do they answer names similar to Yorubas or share title similar to Yorubas?

Is there language similar to Yorubas?
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Nobody: 9:59am On Mar 06, 2020
Born2Breed:

I'm done with you.

There is nothing to decipher in Kogi state. Unless it is tribe you are mentioning then it can be looked into but Kogi is a weak argument.

You guys should put a stop to these issues because basically looking at an Edo and a Yoruba man, sometimes it is hard to spot the difference.
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Simbrixton(m): 10:02am On Mar 06, 2020
akoko edo is a very tiny lg and dey are yorubas d itshekirri have contacted us too and dey also deserve amotekun same goes for d seven yoruba lg in kogi and 12 lg in kwara we will protect our people if a political understanding can be reached

3 Likes

Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Simbrixton(m): 10:05am On Mar 06, 2020
MelesZenawi:

There is nothing to decipher in Kogi state. Unless it is tribe you are mentioning then it can be looked into but Kogi is a weak argument.

You guys should put a stop to these issues because basically looking at an Edo and a Yoruba man, sometimes it is hard to spot the difference.
dere is a difference oga igbo now dey all want to be ibos we yorubas are comfortable in opposition actually but anywhere opc operates let amotekun reach ddere so d yorubas dere can enoy security we no dey drag people with anybody
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by Nobody: 10:28am On Mar 06, 2020
Simbrixton:
dere is a difference oga igbo now dey all want to be ibos we yorubas are comfortable in opposition actually but anywhere opc operates let amotekun reach ddere so d yorubas dere can enoy security we no dey drag people with anybody

Yorubas and what has that got to do with me.

Are you guys done worshipping the caliphate?
Re: Afenifere Urges Kwara Governor To Join Amotekun by TheSociopath(m): 11:26am On Mar 06, 2020
hammerU:
[s][/s]

Ondo is not a Yoruba state in the homogeneous sense of the word.

You be correct mumu. They have just one local government and they migrated from Bayelsa there, they're not indigenous to the place.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills 20 Women Labelled As Witches In Borno / Why We Hate Nigeria So Much - By The Diasporians A.ka. Nigerians Abroad! / Two Female Suicide Bombers Hit GSM Market, Potiskum, Yobe State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.