Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,435 members, 7,812,293 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:17 AM

Strange Itch And Swelling On My Body. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Strange Itch And Swelling On My Body. (3150 Views)

Causes Of After Shower Itch And How To Manage It / Body Is Swelling Up Without Cure / Ewe Esinsin – Stinging Nettles, The Powerful Anti-itch Herb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strange Itch And Swelling On My Body. by Frankfurt111: 9:30pm On Mar 05, 2020
Please i need help. I dont know what is happening to me. I dont know how to tell people what i am passing through. Because they would think i have bedbug infestation. What happens is all of a sudden a part of my body would start itching me, looking at the site that is itching me even without touching it i would notice it is swollen. It is not bed bug. That i am a very sure about. I have bought new clothes put them on and still experience this. Sometimes after experiencingthe itch would take off my clothes and examine it thoroughly with flash and wont see any bug or insect. Sometimes i have visitors sleep over in my place and none complains of any bite of such. Which makes me sure it is not bugs.I dont know what can be causing this. Please anyone with idea what i am going through please help.

Admins please help move this to front page so i can get help.

Re: Strange Itch And Swelling On My Body. by donbachi(m): 9:37pm On Mar 05, 2020
Pack out 4rm dat place.
Re: Strange Itch And Swelling On My Body. by Hotworta1: 9:39pm On Mar 05, 2020
This is an allergy. It's either you are allergic to water, body cream, or the weather (too harsh).
Remedy: stop itching to avoid further irritation and spread. Go to ur Doc/pharmacist and get something for it. Sorry bro

3 Likes

Re: Strange Itch And Swelling On My Body. by Hotworta1: 9:40pm On Mar 05, 2020
Lastly, your environment needs fumigation. You may also be lacking a particular immunization u should have done.
Re: Strange Itch And Swelling On My Body. by writetopoker2: 9:51pm On Mar 05, 2020
Corona, if you add virus, nah you sabi �
Re: Strange Itch And Swelling On My Body. by internationalman(m): 10:28pm On Mar 05, 2020
You created the moniker yesterday just to post it. I guess you are a regular here and one of the audio rich guys we have on this forum...

If not why would you need another account to post this..

I know what that is; but I won't tell you the remedy until you reveal your true identity..

1 Like

Re: Strange Itch And Swelling On My Body. by Authoreety: 10:53pm On Mar 05, 2020
internationalman:
You created the moniker yesterday just to post it. I guess you are a regular here and one of the audio rich guys we have on this forum...

I know what that is; but I won't tell you the remedy until you reveal your true identity..

U no be better person

1 Like

Re: Strange Itch And Swelling On My Body. by Frankfurt111: 2:26am On Mar 06, 2020
donbachi:
Pack out 4rm dat place.
It happens even when i travelled.
Re: Strange Itch And Swelling On My Body. by trustworthy1(f): 3:48am On Mar 06, 2020
This should be filariasis .
a disease, common in the tropics and subtropics, caused by the presence in the lymph vessels of the parasitic nematode worms Wuchereria bancrofti and Brugia malayi (see filaria). The worms, which are transmitted to humans by various mosquitoes (including Aëdes, Culex, Anopheles, and Mansonia), bring about inflammation and eventual blocking of lymph vessels, which causes the surrounding tissues to swell (see elephantiasis). The rupture of urinary lymphatics may lead to the presence of chyle in the urine. Filariasis is treated with the drug diethylcarbamazine.
I once had the same problem. See a doctor.

1 Like

Re: Strange Itch And Swelling On My Body. by yvelchstores(f): 6:03am On Mar 06, 2020
It could be an allergy. Are you taking any medication like ibuprofen? You are reacting to something. Those are hives. Loratadine is known to provide temporal relief of the itching. It's best you go to the hospital. They will do a full blood count for you and if your body is reacting to an allergy, part of the result will show high levels. They may recommend steroid injection and topical steroid creme. All the best. Sorry.
Re: Strange Itch And Swelling On My Body. by mrcrabs(m): 7:25am On Mar 06, 2020
internationalman:

See mumu talk Why do you sound so pained, can't you just help the guy?
Re: Strange Itch And Swelling On My Body. by Frankfurt111: 8:13pm On Mar 06, 2020
yvelchstores:
It could be an allergy. Are you taking any medication like ibuprofen? You are reacting to something. Those are hives. Loratadine is known to provide temporal relief of the itching. It's best you go to the hospital. They will do a full blood count for you and if your body is reacting to an allergy, part of the result will show high levels. They may recommend steroid injection and topical steroid creme. All the best. Sorry.
Im not taking any medication. I would go do a full blood count. Thanks
Re: Strange Itch And Swelling On My Body. by Frankfurt111: 8:17pm On Mar 06, 2020
trustworthy1:
This should be filariasis .
a disease, common in the tropics and subtropics, caused by the presence in the lymph vessels of the parasitic nematode worms Wuchereria bancrofti and Brugia malayi (see filaria). The worms, which are transmitted to humans by various mosquitoes (including Aëdes, Culex, Anopheles, and Mansonia), bring about inflammation and eventual blocking of lymph vessels, which causes the surrounding tissues to swell (see elephantiasis). The rupture of urinary lymphatics may lead to the presence of chyle in the urine. Filariasis is treated with the drug diethylcarbamazine.
I once had the same problem. See a doctor.
The swelling goes away after like 20mins. I know filariasis
I believe it is not.
Re: Strange Itch And Swelling On My Body. by Restroom: 9:53pm On Mar 06, 2020
Overload of worms and eggs in your system

Go treat yourself by first going for blood test or culture to know the infection
Re: Strange Itch And Swelling On My Body. by Moneymove: 8:56am On Apr 09, 2020
Please contact me on whatsapp let's talk 09092139688 . My girl friend has the same issue so she went to a clinic in Lagos and they gave her a liquid chemical to be bathing with and the thing stopped but since I got a new apartment anytime she visits me in my new apartment the thing will come back because of heat. The innocent girl can't sleep at night. She scratches her body with any object she sees around her. I'm crying for her inside me right now.

Anybody that has solution or knows about it should reply on contact me on this number 09092139688 Thanks guys

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of Coconut Water - Sustains Erection, Better Performance In Bed / Why! Why! Why! Nigerian Hospital In A Big Disarray! / Top Ten Most Expensive Soap In The World (for Men)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.