Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,664 members, 7,820,331 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:15 PM

Mathematics Scholars In The House Please Your Opinions Are Needed - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mathematics Scholars In The House Please Your Opinions Are Needed (546 Views)

Engineers In The House Please See If You Can Settle This Argument For Us / Communication Scholars In Nigeria Storm Sierra Leone To Honour Prof. Cecil Blake / 20 Courses You Can Study Without Mathematics In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mathematics Scholars In The House Please Your Opinions Are Needed by Spartancosta(m): 9:34pm On Mar 05, 2020
I am a mathematics aspirant, although the Jamb Utme is still weeks away.I am optimistic I will be admitted this year.I want to know how undergraduate mathematics look like.I need your advice on the textbooks I will be needing once I am admitted so I can get them before hand.your opinion will be highly appreciated.moreso I need a mentor.i would be glad if I found one.This is my fourth post on this platform,I got zero replies on my previous post.i would be glad to find valuable information on this honorable platform.God bless you all.
Re: Mathematics Scholars In The House Please Your Opinions Are Needed by chatinent: 9:43pm On Mar 05, 2020
As schools differ, so will it. Just keep pushing till admission.
Re: Mathematics Scholars In The House Please Your Opinions Are Needed by Spartancosta(m): 9:46pm On Mar 05, 2020
chatinent:
As schools differ, so will it. Just keep pushing till admission.
thanks, actually my first choice of institution is UNILORIN.
Re: Mathematics Scholars In The House Please Your Opinions Are Needed by Antinatalist: 10:10pm On Mar 05, 2020
Why to you want to study Mathematics?
Re: Mathematics Scholars In The House Please Your Opinions Are Needed by internationalman(m): 10:35pm On Mar 05, 2020
Can't help you as I'm one of those who crammed every maths problem for exam..

Don't blame me, how could I solve maths problems that have no actual numbers. All you see is symbol and signs. I would even begin to draw before i could get some of the symbols right.

Every time prove prove prove. By the way why do i have to prove, it's not like I was disputing the writer's claim in the first place.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mathematics Scholars In The House Please Your Opinions Are Needed by Spartancosta(m): 10:38pm On Mar 05, 2020
Antinatalist:
Why to you want to study Mathematics?
you know mathematics is the language of science,there are many fields you can explore once you have your degree.imagine being an actuarian,a data analyst,a statistician,a chartered accountant and the likes, mathematics is key.
Re: Mathematics Scholars In The House Please Your Opinions Are Needed by Spartancosta(m): 10:39pm On Mar 05, 2020
internationalman:

Don't blame me, how could I solve maths problems that have no actual numbers. All you see is symbol and signs. I would even begin to draw before i could get some of the symbols right.

Every time prove prove prove. By the way why do i have to prove, it's not like I was disputing the writer's claim in the first place.
are you a mathematics undergraduate?
Re: Mathematics Scholars In The House Please Your Opinions Are Needed by ibsaq(m): 6:59am On Mar 06, 2020
pure mathematics is recommended by berckhouse
Re: Mathematics Scholars In The House Please Your Opinions Are Needed by internationalman(m): 9:45am On Mar 06, 2020
Spartancosta:
are you a mathematics undergraduate?

I'm a Mathematics/Computer Science graduate
Re: Mathematics Scholars In The House Please Your Opinions Are Needed by Spartancosta(m): 2:31pm On Mar 06, 2020
internationalman:

I'm a Mathematics/Computer Science graduate
ok sir,pls any suggestions on the textbooks I will need?
Re: Mathematics Scholars In The House Please Your Opinions Are Needed by Spartancosta(m): 2:32pm On Mar 06, 2020
ibsaq:
pure mathematics is recommended by berckhouse
I don't get you sir
Re: Mathematics Scholars In The House Please Your Opinions Are Needed by ibsaq(m): 2:36pm On Mar 06, 2020
Spartancosta:
I don't get you sir
is a mathematics textbook name by the author
Re: Mathematics Scholars In The House Please Your Opinions Are Needed by Spartancosta(m): 5:51pm On Mar 06, 2020
ibsaq:
is a mathematics textbook name by the author
thank you sir
Re: Mathematics Scholars In The House Please Your Opinions Are Needed by internationalman(m): 6:26pm On Mar 06, 2020
Spartancosta:
ok sir,pls any suggestions on the textbooks I will need?
I don't really know cause most of the book I read was handouts
Re: Mathematics Scholars In The House Please Your Opinions Are Needed by Spartancosta(m): 9:34pm On Mar 06, 2020
internationalman:

I don't really know cause most of the book I read was handouts
ok thank you sir
Re: Mathematics Scholars In The House Please Your Opinions Are Needed by sharone21(f): 1:03am On Mar 07, 2020
internationalman:

You talk am finish. It is abstract, I had to run away to do Physics which is more logical.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2020/2021 Lagos State School Of Nursing Igando Admission Form / Futo; Petroleum Dept. A Disaster For Postgraduates / ASUU Strike: Senior Citizens To Mediate Between ASUU, Fed Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.