Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,819 members, 7,820,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Oshiomhole’s Suspension: Activities Grounded At APC National Secretariat - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole’s Suspension: Activities Grounded At APC National Secretariat (505 Views)

IPOB Sit-At-Home: Commercial Activities Grounded In Owerri / Adams Oshiomhole Arrives APC National Secretariat For NWC Meeting / Jubilation At PDP National Secretariat After Lyon Sacking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole’s Suspension: Activities Grounded At APC National Secretariat by agwom(m): 12:07pm On Mar 06, 2020
Political activities in the National Secretariat of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC have been paralysed following the suspension of its National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole by a FCT High Court, Daily Trust reports. One of our correspondents who visited the office of embattled party Chief at about 12:05pm reports that workers in the office did not show up at their duty post – a development that came after scores of security operatives besieged the Secretariat to enforce the judgment of the court.

Meanwhile, a Federal High Court in Kano on Thursday, presided over by Justice Lewis Allagoa ordered the status quo be maintained in the matter regarding the suspension of Oshiomhole. The party chief, who had earlier called reporters for a press briefing at his private residence in Aso Drive, Abuja presented the judgement to journalists through his Chief Press Secretary, Simon Egbebulum and aborted the scheduled briefing.

But in a swift reaction by the National Vice Chairman (North East), Mustapha Salihu during a press conference at the party’s National Secretariat, argued that two courts of coordinate jurisdiction cannot sit on the same matter. He said, “First of all, I want to be very brief because we have a case in court and I am a plaintiff, so, I don’t want to subjudice. But I want to tell you from my knowledge of law, two courts of coordinate jurisdiction cannot seat on appeal of an order or judgement given by each other.

“A Federal High Court cannot sit on appeal of FCT High Court. The only court that has the jurisdiction to sit on an appeal is the Court of Appeal in this case and the court order of the FCT High Court was served yesterday. “Most of you have the copy of order and it is an elementary law that first in time prevails. That of Abuja High Court came earlier and we sought interlocutory injunction and there is affidavit of urgency which seeks to prevail on certain kinds of mischief which we prayed that the court should help prevail which they did so.”

He added, “If you look at the main reason why that interlocutory injunction was granted, I don’t think that a Federal High Court of the same jurisdiction will now come and set it aside. We don’t need the knowledge of law to know that a High Court cannot sit on a matter of appeal in High Court. So, I don’t want to say much about the order but I want to say that it is only the Court of Appeal that can vacate this injunction.

“As you can see, we are in the secretariat and we are running the affairs of the party. So, the suspension still prevails until hearing of the matter or if there is any contrary order from the Court of Appeal.”

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/oshiomholes-suspension-activities-grounded-at-apc-national-secretariat.html

Re: Oshiomhole’s Suspension: Activities Grounded At APC National Secretariat by rOsy247(f): 12:09pm On Mar 06, 2020
Re: Oshiomhole’s Suspension: Activities Grounded At APC National Secretariat by rOsy247(f): 12:10pm On Mar 06, 2020
It's pictures we were expecting to see not all these long note of what we already know
Re: Oshiomhole’s Suspension: Activities Grounded At APC National Secretariat by Abfinest007(m): 12:15pm On Mar 06, 2020
i said same thing is not possible for two high court to deliver judgement on same matter it only takes a higher court to rubbish d first judgement
Re: Oshiomhole’s Suspension: Activities Grounded At APC National Secretariat by Racoon(m): 12:17pm On Mar 06, 2020
Thought Adams Oshiomole was rattling his mouth that he will resume his duty by Friday-so why is his office under siege of policemen?

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole’s Suspension: Activities Grounded At APC National Secretariat by Citytrend: 12:33pm On Mar 06, 2020
Drama
Re: Oshiomhole’s Suspension: Activities Grounded At APC National Secretariat by Davash222(m): 12:34pm On Mar 06, 2020
Only in Nigeria a High court nullifies a High court orders. Why then do we have Court of Appeal? Our judiciary is deteriorating rapidly under this devilish administration.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Bauchi Gov’s Elder Brother Kidnapped / #StayAtHome - Sanwo-Olu Provides Food Package For 200,000 Households In Lagos / COVID-19:PDP Kaduna State Sympathise With Governor Elrufai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.