Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,014 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:01 AM

Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman (2278 Views)

Oshiomhole: "I Am No Longer 'Excellency'. I Am A Removed National Chairman..." / Obaseki Warns Oshiomhole: 'I Will Show Him I'm The Governor' (Video) / Oshiomhole: I Would Have Sued Doctors That Wrongly Diagnosed My Wife, Clara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by Calculating: 4:26pm On Mar 06, 2020
Adams Oshiomhole, the embattled national chairman of the All Progressive Congress (APC) says he does not know if President Muhammadu Buhari is still okay with him piloting the affairs of the party.

Mr Oshiomhole stated this while briefing newsmen on Thursday after he met with the president at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The helmsman of the ruling party was on Wednesday suspended from office by a Federal High Court sitting in Abuja. The next day, another court of equal jurisdiction in Kano halted the suspension, a development FACTS gathered is not known to law.

Despite halting the suspension, Police officers dispatched to enforce the previous order at the national secretariat of the APC were still on duty.

“Now, you want me to read him, I will decline. If you are in doubt, you are so privileged here that you can ask the president: comfortable or uncomfortable,” Oshiomhole responded when queried if he has the support of the president to continue in office.

“I am not a comfort reader, what I have done I have explained to you, that much I know is the truth. As for questions that have to do with inner feelings, those you can confirm if you are in doubt,” he added.

He also alleged that those after him were strategizing for the next general election in 2023.

“But there are other forces that see me for whatever reason as a threat to them. And those leading this anti-Oshiomhole campaign, some of them I emphasise, cannot even boost of a councillor in their state even as they lay claim to leadership position in our party.”

Oshiomhole also said what worries him most is what he will be remembered for when he leaves office as the national chairman of the APC.

“You see in whatever you do, those who want to fight you will fight you. But I know that my tenure will be defined my God not by man. And I worry more about what I will be remembered for when I was chairman rather than how long I was chairman,” he said.

“I am convinced that I have done my very best, mistakes would have been made and I want to see the one person who will say he has never made mistakes. But if there are mistakes of the head, we have the capacity to correct mistakes of the head. But I know I have not set out to make the mistakes of the heart. It is just that by the reason of the position that I occupy, it is not quite appropriate for me to join at this hour in explaining who is responsible for the losses that people point out and they want to heap on my head.”

Backstory

The travail of the former Edo State governor started when he engaged his successor, Godwin Obaseki, in a political battle over the soul of the current state House of Assembly.

Those said to be loyal to the APC helmsman reportedly lost out when the current state assembly was formed. Most principal officers of the house are said to be loyal to the incumbent governor, which did not augur well with the former governor.

The dispute led some national officers of the party to urge him to step aside because he was no longer worthy to lead the ruling party having been suspended at the ward level, probably at the instance of Mr Obaseki who controls a faction of the party in Edo State.

Those rooting for his removal approached the court in furtherance of their plot to oust him, this led to Wednesday’s ruling and its counter-ruling.

Source: https://factsng.com/oshiomhole-i-dont-know-if-buhari-still-support-me-as-apc-chairman/
Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by Abfinest007(m): 4:28pm On Mar 06, 2020
good for u
Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by Witcher(f): 4:29pm On Mar 06, 2020
Hahahaha.. didn't I said it yesterday. Bashir posted old pics of oshiomole and Buhari on Twitter, before they Meet. Because he saw the protocols okayed the meeting. Punch and vanguard make news out of it. APC is bigger than you now, oshiomole 2023 is different game. PDP almost won Kano, they even did who knows. Sokoto, bauchi, zamfara All PDP including South east and South South. Do u think if PDP did their home work perfect and run a good campaign they will not return to power¿ I will not say why but any Yoruba man that supports Oshiomole doesn't understand politics and don't want to see Yoruba man as president in 2023
Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by jarawa: 4:30pm On Mar 06, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by Calculating: 4:31pm On Mar 06, 2020
It seems Buhari has concluded you will soon go.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by Charmingrascal(m): 4:32pm On Mar 06, 2020
Buhari is confused

Anywhere belle face Baba follow

Buhari will comply with anythng that the party decides as long as his Presidential seat is not threatened.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by solmusdesigns: 4:36pm On Mar 06, 2020
Witcher:
Hahahaha.. didn't I said it yesterday. Bashir posted old pics of oshiomole and Buhari on Twitter. Punch and vanguard make news out of it. APC is bigger than you now, oshiomole 2023 is different game.

Liar.. all state house Press correspondent posted same picture
Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by Maxymilliano(m): 4:38pm On Mar 06, 2020
Oshiomole will survive the current onslaught due to Buhari factor, but he won't be the same again.
Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by Witcher(f): 4:43pm On Mar 06, 2020
solmusdesigns:

the source is Bashir and the guy from igberetv The moment protocol processed Buhari and Oshiomole meeting they runs to social media and posted it. Buhari didn't meet Oshiomole at the time Bashir twitted
Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by solmusdesigns: 4:49pm On Mar 06, 2020
Witcher:
the source is Bashir. The protocol processed Buhari and Oshiomole meeting he runs to Twitter. Buhari didn't meet Oshiomole at the time he twitted

Igbere tv posted it (that one got his press pass through Orji Kalu,) Punch posted another one, and Vanguard, Oshiomhole proceeded to hold his press briefing at the old FEC hall downstrairs of Buhari's current office and now you are telling us Bashir Ahmad SA new media, who takes pics from Bayo Omoboriowo is now a press chief to have manipulated oshiomholes video
Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by OluwaDamilola01: 4:53pm On Mar 06, 2020
[s]
solmusdesigns:

Igbere tv posted it (that one got his press pass through Orji Kalu,) Punch posted another one, and Vanguard, Oshiomhole proceeded to hold his press briefing at the old FEC hall downstrairs of Buhari's current office and now you are telling us Bashir Ahmad SA new media, who takes pics from Bayo Omoboriowo is now a press chief to have manipulated oshiomholes video
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by Witcher(f): 4:55pm On Mar 06, 2020
solmusdesigns:

what I'm saying is that the timeline of Bashir's twit, punch news and the meeting didn't add up
Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by Afamed: 4:58pm On Mar 06, 2020
Believe all these Ochanja/ Upper Iweka/ Afaraukwu/ Obiagwu/ New Tarzan news at your own peril
Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by Runaway: 4:59pm On Mar 06, 2020
Mr "knower" is not knowing again....
Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by solmusdesigns: 4:59pm On Mar 06, 2020
Witcher:
what I'm saying is that the timeline of Bashir's twit, punch news and the meeting didn't add up

see if you want the video I have it, again press recorded oshiohmhole departing Blantyre Crescent wuse, heading to gowon crescent asokoro .. I believe you know the address I am telling you
Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by OluwaDamilola01: 5:00pm On Mar 06, 2020
[s]
solmusdesigns:

see if you want the video I have it, again press recorded oshiohmhole departing Blantyre Crescent wuse, heading to gowon crescent asokoro .. I believe you know the address I am telling you
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by OluwaDamilola01: 5:02pm On Mar 06, 2020
[s]
Afamed:
Believe all these Ochanja/ Upper Iweka/ Afaraukwu/ Obiagwu/ New Tarzan news at your own peril
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by LibertyRep: 5:02pm On Mar 06, 2020
Ok
Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by yaksdavirus: 5:04pm On Mar 06, 2020
Drink fermented kunu and rejoice
Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by Witcher(f): 5:11pm On Mar 06, 2020
solmusdesigns:

Yep... So I think Buhari basically nodded his head as usual when he don't want to listen to something... And he probably didn't say anything except I will look into it as usual
Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by OluwaDamilola01: 5:13pm On Mar 06, 2020
[s]
solmusdesigns:

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by DModeCntStopMe: 5:15pm On Mar 06, 2020
shocked
Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by Calculating: 5:16pm On Mar 06, 2020
lalasticlala
Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by solmusdesigns: 5:22pm On Mar 06, 2020
Witcher:
Yep... So I think Buhari basically nodded his head as usual when he don't want to listen to something... And he probably didn't say anything except I will look into it as usual

you still don't get it, buhari is the head of CPC faction, Tinubu is the head of ACN factor.. Buhari cant do a damn thing right now but nod his head because like buhari naturally his, he like to hide his true nature, and use decoy like idiagbon and now kyari while he forms ignorant... but Oshiomhole took the game to his AsoRock and held a press meeting there, its either Buhari comes out for or against one must happen
Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by Witcher(f): 5:27pm On Mar 06, 2020
solmusdesigns:

you still don't get it, buhari is the head of CPC faction, Tinubu is the head of ACN factor.. Buhari cant do a damn thing right now but nod his head because like buhari naturally his, he like to hide his true nature, and use decoy like idiagbon and now kyari while he forms ignorant... but Oshiomhole took the game to his AsoRock and held a press meeting there, its either Buhari comes out for or against one must happen
Lol.... You're one of the people who understands current political climate in Nigeria, I meet in nairaland.
Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by BlackfireX: 5:30pm On Mar 06, 2020
Who is oshomole??
Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by solmusdesigns: 5:33pm On Mar 06, 2020
Witcher:
Lol.... You're one of the people who understands current political climate in Nigeria, I meet in nairaland.

APC is a party of chess players.. too many intelligent people .. and I know the faction grin that you belong hahaha!! I read your comments and I know your political subtle undertone too many loud people cant get the message
Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by Witcher(f): 5:38pm On Mar 06, 2020
solmusdesigns:

APC is a party of chess players.. too many intelligent people .. and I know the faction grin that you belong hahaha!! I read your comments and I know your political subtle undertone too many loud people cant get the message
hahahaha but our factions wants to maintain and renew the current SW and North coalition unlike other factions who wants to create another coalition inside APC, To screw the Lagos landlord
Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by OluwaDamilola01: 5:43pm On Mar 06, 2020
[s]
solmusdesigns:

[/s]

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole: I Don’t Know If Buhari Still Support Me As APC Chairman by solmusdesigns: 5:43pm On Mar 06, 2020
Witcher:
hahahaha but our factions wants to maintain and renew the current SW and North coalition unlike other factions who wants to create another coalition inside APC, To screw the Lagos landlord

I don't even know how my lagos oga and chairman would survive this Coup de tat , but as it is Osinbajo as a Christian looks like the brightest candidate with a strong muslim candidate so as to avoid muslim/muslim ticket.. 2023 would be interesting

(1) (2) (Reply)

Corona Virus: Nigeria Is The Most Useless Country Ever, Nnamdi Kanu / Tell Ohaneze To Shut Up And Stop This Buffonery / See What A Responsible Father Did To His Son In Oyo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.