Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation (3665 Views)

Ehanire: Buhari’s Government The Most Sincere Nigeria Has Ever Had / IMF Ranks Nigeria Second Worst In The World In Use Of Sovereign Wealth Fund / Group Award Kwara Governor As Worst In History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by fergie001: 9:04am On Mar 07, 2020
MelesZenawi:

The reward for teachers is in heaven.

Before here was turned into a tribal warfare, information here used to be very sordid and helpful.
Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by kettykings: 9:07am On Mar 07, 2020
Anambralstson:

South westerners trying their best to blackmail Anambra State government, in West only two states paying minimum wage Lagos and Ondo, but see how they carry Anambra matter for head, it's hard for them to attack their useless governors, In Ogun the current governor just last month cleared the unpaid salaries from predecessor, he is yet to pay minimum wage. Anambra is among the states paying minimum wage and not owing any worker
The fear of Anambra is the beginning of wisdom for people from that axis. Anambra defied their scorched earth policies and Anambra has a 360 degree view of development, hard infrastructure, human capital and soft infrastructure.

Most APC states are only developing hard infrastructure leaving their citizens in penury, ignorance and crass iliteracy. They have beautiful roads with trekkers and bad houses surrounding the roads.
But the south east is developing more on the human capital side and soft infrastructure and less on hard infrastructure

1 Like

Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by Anambralstson: 9:08am On Mar 07, 2020
FocusedB1h:
I’m glad you guys are trying of being delusional and pretending like SE is paradise.
Hold your leaders accountable cos they are the most selfish out of all geopolitical zones.
The Idiot is not from East, this faceless forum is very easy for people to claim who they are not

1 Like

Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by Nobody: 9:13am On Mar 07, 2020
fergie001:

The reward for teachers is in heaven.

Before here was turned into a tribal warfare, information here used to be very sordid and helpful.

I will be a fool to believe any figure or statistics peddled on nairaland by various Monikers without verifying such myself.

Nothing seems to be true here.

Moreover his level is too small but such his mindset and I fully know he is just a newly recruited teacher and he wants heaven and Earth.

If he wants his teaching profession to pay him then he should organise his papers and leave Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by Nobody: 9:16am On Mar 07, 2020
Anambralstson:

The Idiot is not from East, this faceless forum is very easy for people to claim who they are not

Whereas you shouldn't attack him that way.

Simply tell him his salary is in order with his level.

He is in Level 07 collecting 40k....

while in another state level 12 collects 35k...

He is only complaining based on his youthful age. He shouldn't have applied to be a teacher.
Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by fergie001: 9:24am On Mar 07, 2020
MelesZenawi:

I will be a fool to believe any figure or statistics peddled on nairaland by various Monikers without verifying such myself.

Nothing seems to be true here.

Moreover his level is too small but such his mindset and I fully know he is just a newly recruited teacher and he wants heaven and Earth.

If he wants his teaching profession to pay him then he should organise his papers and leave Nigeria

Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by 7lives: 9:26am On Mar 07, 2020
Chimok:
Southeastern governors are still very much confused and really stupid over the issue of security outfit for the region. They are still in that confused state their southwestern counterparts introduced and rigorously passed theirs into law and south south counterparts have started deliberations and they would soon conclude theirs and the wicked clowns would still be confused over who to borrow from

And their people will wail marginalization as usual.
Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by TheArchangel(f): 9:31am On Mar 07, 2020
Anambralstson:

Southwestern e-rats your useless governors yet to pay minimum wage
Anambra State is among states paying new minimum wage

16 States Yet To Implement New Minimum Wage

President of the NLC, Comrade Ayuba Wabba, who made this known during the National Administrative Council (NAC) meeting of the Cognress, said the states include Benue, Cross River, Ekiti, Enugu, Gombe, Imo, Kogi, Kwara, Nasarawa, Ogun, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Zamfara and Taraba.

He said the NLC has already empowered its state councils to mobilise their members to withdraw their services once there was no show of commitment by their respective state governments towards implementing the new minimum wage of N30,000 for workers in the states.

He disclosed that 14 states have commenced implementation of the new wage, three states have only implemented the wage for workers in level 1-6 while four states were awaiting implementation.

He also announced that 16 states have signed an agreement, three states have reached an agreement but yet to sign, negotiations of the new wage was still ongoing in 17 states while Taraba state was yet to commence negotiations.

While calling on the Taraba State government to respect the provisions of the new minimum wage Act and begin negotiations immediately, he warned that no state government has an excuse not to pay the new wage, he maintained that the NLC was not forcing Nigeria to do something strange as majority of countries around the world have a minimum wage law implemented.

“We have been able to make some progress we have 16 that have signed and have commenced, we have three that have reached agreements but have not signed, we have 17 that negotiations are still ongoing.

“I can say authoritatively that its only in Taraba that nothing has started; the committee has not been inaugurated, the process of dialogue has not commenced. I want to call on the Taraba state Governor to quickly respect the provisions of the minimum wage Act. The minimum wage act is already a law and every Political office holder must respect the sanctity of our constitution and the oath of office they have sworn to uphold.

“If a worker is entitled to be paid his wages the wages must be commensurate to what has been negotiated. In 90 per cent of the countries around the world, minimum wage law is implemented and observed so we cannot be an exception.”

“While appreciating those states and even the federal government that has paid all the workers under its employment including payment of arrears which has set the base and standard for states to follow, there is no excuse for any state not to pay workers a minimum wage that has been negotiated because 85% of the VAT increase goes to the states.

“We have empowered our state councils, once they reach a situation where they think there is no commitment we have given them the power to declare an action and withdraw their service and many states have done that. In Ogun and Niger they did that before they were invited to the table. We don’t need to take any decision again to say that you need to do what you need to do.

“Once the state executive council feels that there is dilly dallying on the minimum wage which is already a law, they should be able to enforce their own right and we will support and where they need reinforcements from the headquarters, we will be there to support them.”

Wabba who further reiterated NLC’s call for the downward wage review of political office holders, maintained that in line with what was obtainable in other countries, the basic salary of politicians should also fall within the margin of the new minimum wage of N30,000

“The law makers are being over paid, let’s look at the basis. In other climes like South Africa, the margin between the minimum wage and what politicians earn can be determined, in fact there are empirical data to arrive at the differential in our own case what is the differential?

“When we were receiving N18,000 minimum wage, Revenue Mobilisation and Fiscal Commission reviewed the salary of political office holders by 800 percent today, the official salary being earned by our political elites seems to be much more higher than many countries around the world.

“I was thinking that review can be upward or downward and in the case of our political officer holders it should be downward so that we can be at the same level because we go to the same market. They should also be at the same margin of N30,000 and then you look at specific allowance or special allowances. That is what is done in other climes, there must be justification to arrive at a wage. Equal pay for work of equal value that is the position of ILO.
https://leadership.ng/2020/02/05/16-states-yet-to-implement-new-minimum-wage/
You must be out of your goddamned mind to call me an indigene of a southwestern state.

Anambra state civil servants are one of the least lowly paid workers in Nigeria. I was one of them until I couldn't take the razz salary anymore. We deserve better than this. 45k for a graduate is too poor, damn it.

You can argue with your keyboard.
Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by TheArchangel(f): 9:40am On Mar 07, 2020
Anambralstson:

You are clutching on straws sir.
You are not more Anambra than I am but truth be told. Anambra state civil servants salaries is abysmal and nothing to write home about.
Anambra is one of the states that is not paying CONHESS and CONMESS as it is supposed to be paid . I cried when I saw what they called CONHESS and CONMESS. embarassed embarassed . I had to leave the employ at that point. So shameful to have the best but can't paid them even the national average.
Minimum wage is another herculean task.... What is the meaning of the additional 7k?

Let's face the truth and stop trying to be politically correct all the time. Let's stop playing to the gallery all the time. In the case of civil servants salaries, Anambra is a failure.
Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by Anambralstson: 10:27am On Mar 07, 2020
TheArchangel:
You are clutching on straws sir.
You are not more Anambra than I am but truth be told. Anambra state civil servants salaries is abysmal and nothing to write home about.
Anambra is one of the states that is not paying CONHESS and CONMESS as it is supposed to be paid . I cried when I saw what they called CONHESS and CONMESS. embarassed embarassed . I had to leave the employ at that point. So shameful to have the best but can't paid them even the national average.
Minimum wage is another herculean task.... What is the meaning of the additional 7k?

Let's face the truth and stop trying to be politically correct all the time. Let's stop playing to the gallery all the time. In the case of civil servants salaries, Anambra is a failure.
Can we see salary structures of other states from reliable source then we can debate about Anambra State own, the OP comparing Anambra State with Delta state which is major oil producing state is totally uncalled for. Let see other than I can draw my conclusion. Many states yet to implement new minimum wage, same issues workers in Anambra are complaining, is happening in Ebonyi and other states.
Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by Anambralstson: 10:27am On Mar 07, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Whereas you shouldn't attack him that way.

Simply tell him his salary is in order with his level.

He is in Level 07 collecting 40k....

while in another state level 12 collects 35k...

He is only complaining based on his youthful age. He shouldn't have applied to be a teacher.

Thanks
Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by seanwilliam(m): 12:07pm On Mar 07, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Okwa ka umu azi IPOB bia kpariba mmadu ebea?

Jisienu Ike o!
ogbeni speak in English make we see una yansh
Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by kuuljay(m): 1:51pm On Mar 07, 2020
Cheato64:
Most federal staff got above that, someone in frsc got 59k
you mean someone who was receiving like 141 now receives 200? I doubt
Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by Chimok: 6:39pm On Mar 07, 2020
MelesZenawi:

Well I have to come in.

I asked the OP one question which he dodged.

I asked him , are you a teacher? which I know well by his write up, he is a teacher?

If he had answered my next question will be what's your level?

Now I have family members who are fully in state service, both those starting and those at peak of their careers. People I know that complains and criticise a lot but has not done so or even said pim all through these new minimum salary structure.

A woman teaching over 31 years receives 35000 and in level 12 salary structure in borno state.

Now to Op, young boys or men deciding to join state teaching service should not come to that with greedy mind.

What he is paid is according to his level unless he expects in his greedy nature to pack his in and others in Nigeria.

No where in Nigeria in price/sec teaching profession that rosy.

Finally , he should have given us his level in teaching before demanding the whole state allocation.

Today, I am fully aware that no single teacher us been owed any salary or undue allowance in the state.

I repeat young people going to teaching profession in Nigeria, should remove greediness from their pack because it will never be rosy.
U seem to be one of the paid hands. I learnt a lot of u are employed to do this.
Am not a teacher and I dont need to tell u the Ministry I work with. But I can tel u, in all ministries except health and those working in Anambra State university, the story is the same
Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by Chimok: 6:45pm On Mar 07, 2020
Cheato64:
Most federal staff got above that, someone in frsc got 59k
Ur type is basically what is wrong with Nigeria, my sister works with Abuja Teaching Hospital and she didnt get upto 20000 added and here u are spewing ignorantly

1 Like

Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by muykem: 6:46pm On Mar 07, 2020
Simplyleo:
Says who?

Forget that thing. SE govt competes favourably with the best in the world.

In recent times, there have been dramatic change in the efforts of all the govt in the SE to revamp the moribund policies of uplifting youths with outstanding potentials.

Anyone in doubt should flash back at the remarkable initiative taken by one of the administrators in empowering hardworking youths through the issuance of wheelbarrows on soft loans payable over a fairly long period. Now, tell me which state in Nigeria can boast of similar initiative. angry

Abeg, leave matter for Mathias.
you are not serious o. Don't kill me with laugh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 07, 2020
Chimok:
U seem to be one of the paid hands. I learnt a lot of u are employed to do this.
Am not a teacher and I dont need to tell u the Ministry I work with. But I can tel u, in all ministries except health and those working in Anambra State university, the story is the same

You are making noise.

Resign then and go home if you're not comfortable with the work.
Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by Chimok: 7:29pm On Mar 07, 2020
MelesZenawi:

You are making noise.

Resign then and go home if you're not comfortable with the work.
Wasting My time quoting a little boy still been fed
Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by Nobody: 7:34pm On Mar 07, 2020
Chimok:
Wasting My time quoting a little boy still been fed

Grown up man on level 07 that wants to collect level 16 salary structure.

Greediness is bad.
Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by NGpatriot: 7:36pm On Mar 07, 2020
[s]
Anambralstson:

Waiting Musa no go see for gate grin grin imagine poor guy from poor Osun calling Anambra poor, a state civil servants are still earning half salary for more than 28 months and still counting, your state case is beyond redemption, NLC labour leader has given up in your useless state, state of Osun is not part of the new minimum wage bill grin grin
[/s]

States that have commenced implementation of the new minimum wage are Borno, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi,

Lagos, Ondo, Sokoto, and Yobe, as well as the FCT.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/02/05/nlc-mobilises-action-against-17-states-over-minimum-wage/

According to the same NLC, these are the minimum wage implementing states and your poor anambra is no one of them and out of the 5 SE villages, only Ebonyi is paying minimum wage.

Poor anambra, I doubt they have enough money to buy pure water to drink gari.......................

grin.,..
Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by NGpatriot: 7:37pm On Mar 07, 2020
Anambralstson:

Anu Obiano is among governors paying new minimum wage, e-goat what you are posting is 5th of February

States that have commenced implementation of the new minimum wage are Borno, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi,
[s]
Lagos, Ondo, Sokoto, and Yobe, as well as the FCT.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2020/02/05/nlc-mobilises-action-against-17-states-over-minimum-wage/
[/s]

According to the same NLC, these are the minimum wage implementing states and your poor anambra is no one of them and out of the 5 SE villages, only Ebonyi is paying minimum wage.

Poor anambra, I doubt they have enough money to buy pure water to drink gari.......................

See ya life.. grin
Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by SundayIgbanke: 7:54pm On Mar 07, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

grin.,..
[/s]
Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by SundayIgbanke: 7:54pm On Mar 07, 2020
[s]
NGpatriot:

See ya life.. grin
[/s]
Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by Manbryto(m): 9:11pm On Mar 07, 2020
Chimok:
Minimum wage that has been passed into law, the southeast governors vowed to continue suffering their workers.
Obiano thru his media charlatans (aides) claiming he would be the first governor to pay added only 3 - 7k on the existing salary and mind u since 18k minimum wage was passed into law in 2011 other regions north, south west/south have btw 2011/2013 started paying that agreed wage only eastern governors have not.

The nonsense Obiano added as 30000 minimum wage added up is not even up to 18k minimum wage passed into law in 2011.
When Obiano paid January alert with the paltry nonsense he added, Labour executives in anambra started making pronouncements because I know they also have been
short- changed of their own kick backs.
They claimed they were going to mobilize workers for industrial action in which they later claimed to having talks with Obiano and the claim was that the nonsense paid was as a result of computer error which ofcourse is such lame excuse.

The Febuary alert dropped and there were various cuts in people's salaries.
Can u imagine, at level 07 I recieved paltry sum of 40k from 34k in january and then recieved 38k this Febuary.

We as a people are the one marginalizing ourselves. Delta that is just across the bridge from Anambra are enjoying 30000 minimum wage with various allowances, in anambra their is no allowance whatsoever other than the once a year leave allowance.

Look at the quality of road been constructed by FG along Enugu - onitsha expressway then compare it with pathetic ones done by the anambra state government.

Ordinary councillor with just primary school certificate is earning almost 300k among other allowances but Anambra civil servant with doctorate degree is earning 60k.
We are so docile in this part of the country.
Thats why I respect westerners, you can joke with every other public amenity stuff but dont joke with their personal right (wages)

Please cry me a River. I am sure you are among those singing his [b]alert governor[/b]praises before the last states election. Some even collected money to vote back in a very useless governor that did nothing of worth in his first tenure. Apga Nkea bu nke anyi slogan held sway. Government that's not doing anything demanding taxes from residents. This is just the beginning. Please if you are civil servant, don't ever complain again.
Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by IkeOnyia: 9:12pm On Mar 07, 2020
Chimok:
You can leave the civil service if you are not satisfied. Last time I checked, civil servants in Anambra state have not gone on strike since Obiano became governor unlike the civil unrest that bedeviled the state when Mbadinuju and Peter Obi where governors.
Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by Chimok: 11:12am On Mar 08, 2020
Cheato64:
South east is made up of enugu, ebonyi, imo, anambra and abia. Because anambra is not doing well, u call the other 4 state bad. I say it again Enugu state adjustment is better, someone got a 45k adjustment, and i heard ebonyi paid better than enugu(this am not 100% sure)
What that guy stated about the mother is simply not true and Ebonyi is not faring any better
Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by Chimok: 3:34pm On Mar 11, 2020
kettykings:

The fear of Anambra is the beginning of wisdom for people from that axis. Anambra defied their scorched earth policies and Anambra has a 360 degree view of development, hard infrastructure, human capital and soft infrastructure.

Most APC states are only developing hard infrastructure leaving their citizens in penury, ignorance and crass iliteracy. They have beautiful roads with trekkers and bad houses surrounding the roads.
But the south east is developing more on the human capital side and soft infrastructure and less on hard infrastructure
People like u are the problem we have in the southeast and people like u will make the agitation for restructuring or autonomy unrealisable because as long as u re getting stipend for this ur foolish propaganda, the politicians can suck our blood out, no problem
Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 3:36pm On Mar 11, 2020
Grgton:
that is the fact. SE government is the worst. is this how Biafra will look like??

maiduguri has good roads than Aba
Federal or state roads?
Re: Southeast Government, The Worst In The Whole Federation by vizboy(m): 4:01pm On Mar 11, 2020
I still wonder why a discussion that has to do with southeast.. Someone from southeast is still trying hard to drag in other regions..

Well there is a saying:

Ha na achụ anyị ọsọ anyi na achụ onwe anyị oso..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soldiers Shoot Lekki Tollgate Protesters / Anambra Election: See The Message I Got From Inec - Photo / 5 million March For Tinubu In Anambra,Enugu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.