Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,225 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Today Marks A Whole Year Since I Moved Out Of Nigeria.. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Today Marks A Whole Year Since I Moved Out Of Nigeria.. (2073 Views)

See What Happened When I Moved To My New Environment (pics) / My Experience When I Moved To Sweden! / I Moved Around Lagos At Midnight And Took These Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Today Marks A Whole Year Since I Moved Out Of Nigeria.. by dietola01(m): 10:57am On Mar 07, 2020
A Twitter user recounts how she became sad and depressed after moving to the US....

Re: Today Marks A Whole Year Since I Moved Out Of Nigeria.. by meum: 11:05am On Mar 07, 2020
Re: Today Marks A Whole Year Since I Moved Out Of Nigeria.. by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 07, 2020
dietola01:
A Twitter user recounts how she became sad and depressed after moving to the US....
na lie jorr, they want to discourage we that are hustling day and night to come thede

2 Likes

Re: Today Marks A Whole Year Since I Moved Out Of Nigeria.. by slimfit1(m): 11:22am On Mar 07, 2020
Hopefully the next time you come back it is Oduduwa republic Arewa republic or Biafra republic shekinah. May God bless your hustle wherever you are.

1 Like

Re: Today Marks A Whole Year Since I Moved Out Of Nigeria.. by solmusdesigns: 1:37pm On Mar 07, 2020
Less and Less people can survive the western world coming from nIGERIA WHERE RENT IS LESS TO FREE, TAX IS NEXT TO NOTHING
Re: Today Marks A Whole Year Since I Moved Out Of Nigeria.. by GlorifiedTunde(m): 2:35pm On Mar 07, 2020
southniyikaye:
na lie jorr, they want to discourage we that are hustling day and night to come thede
Not really so.

Truth be told, there's no where like home. It's just unfortunate that Nigeria is the way it is.

In countries like that you cannot be free like you were here. Their food tastes like crap mostly because they're mostly GMOs.

In Nigeria you have a sense of belonging with your family, friends and kinsmen. There so much joy here with generosity and hospitality.

This is not so in the US.

There are so many other reasons that are not based on "standard of living" why it would have been better to be in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Today Marks A Whole Year Since I Moved Out Of Nigeria.. by DropsMic(m): 3:50pm On Mar 07, 2020
It's not always greener on the other side

1 Like

Re: Today Marks A Whole Year Since I Moved Out Of Nigeria.. by Petyprincess(f): 3:59pm On Mar 07, 2020
That's her experience,most friends nd family i know never regreted leaving Nigeria nd i dnt think i will ever regret it either!! It's even better to be depressed in a foreign country to this hell hole called Nigeria!!

2 Likes

Re: Today Marks A Whole Year Since I Moved Out Of Nigeria.. by dietola01(m): 4:58pm On Mar 07, 2020
southniyikaye:
lol me I still want go sha grin grin
Re: Today Marks A Whole Year Since I Moved Out Of Nigeria.. by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 07, 2020
The Netherlands you do me strong thing
Gonna be there soon grin
Re: Today Marks A Whole Year Since I Moved Out Of Nigeria.. by Teaser4(m): 7:48am On Mar 08, 2020
there is no greater depression than living in naija, and yu no con get money, see this wan oh, you dey browse unlimited lol...that's enough to cure some pipu's depression in naija.

wetin dey vex me most, na ppl wey no dey grateful for things they have in life. You gotta be grateful, no matter how small or nothing cos las las life na ephemeral.
"Son of man, came empty handed, daughter of man go waka empty handed...

radarada, keep your bullshit epistle...

2 Likes

Re: Today Marks A Whole Year Since I Moved Out Of Nigeria.. by Geedy: 10:56am On Mar 08, 2020
Comot!
Na d wey e take enta na im make u dey regret.
Re: Today Marks A Whole Year Since I Moved Out Of Nigeria.. by Hadampson(m): 12:29pm On Mar 08, 2020
GlorifiedTunde:

Not really so.

Truth be told, there's no where like home. It's just unfortunate that Nigeria is the way it is.

In countries like that you cannot be free like you were here. Their food tastes like crap mostly because they're mostly GMOs.

In Nigeria you have a sense of belonging with your family, friends and kinsmen. There so much joy here with generosity and hospitality.

This is not so in the US.

There are so many other reasons that are not based on "standard of living" why it would have been better to be in Nigeria.

Senorita123 said and i quote

People keep saying no place like home but in the real sense to me, home is where joy is and where people can boast of a comfortable life whether abroad or local. Home is where the life of the citizens are more important than anything. Home is where an average citizen can afford 3 square meals per day. Home is where security is well guaranteed. Home is where there is no huge discrepancy between the rich and the poor. Home is where our resources and funds are not being embezzled by our corrupt leaders . Home is where there are job provisions for graduates. HOME is where there is HOPE!! Home is, home is, home is, home is.................. ABROAD grin

@2nd emboldened

•Freedom to bend rules
•Freedom to do as you like provided you are rich smiley
•Easy to become a millionaire
•Easy access to different varieties of food (organic)

I have forgotten the rest, maybe you can remind me sir tongue smiley
Re: Today Marks A Whole Year Since I Moved Out Of Nigeria.. by Suspect33(m): 1:11pm On Mar 08, 2020
southniyikaye:
see this one, who wants to stop you? Go na.

(1) (Reply)

Countries With Easy Visa Application For Tourism/visiting / Appeal Uk Visa-settlement( Fiancee) Help! / Help For Those Stuck In The Uk Or Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.