Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Masters In US Ivy League School Or Full Time Bank Job In Nigeria. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Masters In US Ivy League School Or Full Time Bank Job In Nigeria. (632 Views)

I Finally Quit My Bank Job For Bolt Driving / Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder / Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Masters In US Ivy League School Or Full Time Bank Job In Nigeria. by BrTune: 5:49pm On Mar 07, 2020
Hello guys,

Please I need some advise. I just got an offer to run my Masters in one of the Top 3 Ivy League schools in the United States. The admission offer comes with a scholarship and a loan offer to cover the difference, including living costs, books and Accomodation.

On the other hand, I got a decent full time offer in a Tier one commercial bank in Nigeria.
If I accept the offer, I will have to pay about 2 million naira if I leave them before two years.
This comes with a compulsory Car...payable over the next 5years at 0% interest rate.

I’m in a fix because of the anti-immigration sentiments prevalent in the States at this time, I’m therefore unsure about my chances of securing a job thereafter if I decide to go for my masters.
I am afraid of concluding my masters, bagging student loans and then being unable to get a job, and so having to come back to Nigeria and begin from scratch.

Please any good advise is welcome, especially from folk with viable experience.
MODs please help move this to FP to help me make a decision. Thank you!
Re: Masters In US Ivy League School Or Full Time Bank Job In Nigeria. by Ofemmanutosure: 6:05pm On Mar 07, 2020
Forget that bank offer and go for your masters.

2 Likes

Re: Masters In US Ivy League School Or Full Time Bank Job In Nigeria. by Commentor: 6:11pm On Mar 07, 2020
Bank wey fit close before you finish your masters.
Re: Masters In US Ivy League School Or Full Time Bank Job In Nigeria. by GboyegaD(m): 6:16pm On Mar 07, 2020
If it is a Matters in an IVY league school, I would suggest you follow up with it. The exposure and the returns will be worth it.
Re: Masters In US Ivy League School Or Full Time Bank Job In Nigeria. by SundayIgbanke: 6:36pm On Mar 07, 2020
[s]
Commentor:
Bank wey fit close before you finish your masters.
[/s]
Re: Masters In US Ivy League School Or Full Time Bank Job In Nigeria. by BrTune: 4:01pm On Mar 08, 2020
Thanks for ur inputs.
This bank is solid tho..
Re: Masters In US Ivy League School Or Full Time Bank Job In Nigeria. by fidet1(m): 4:48pm On Mar 08, 2020
BrTune:
Hello guys,

Please I need some advise. I just got an offer to run my Masters in one of the Top 3 Ivy League schools in the United States. The admission offer comes with a scholarship and a loan offer to cover the difference, including living costs, books and Accomodation.

On the other hand, I got a decent full time offer in a Tier one commercial bank in Nigeria.
If I accept the offer, I will have to pay about 2 million naira if I leave them before two years.
This comes with a compulsory Car...payable over the next 5years at 0% interest rate.

I’m in a fix because of the anti-immigration sentiments prevalent in the States at this time, I’m therefore unsure about my chances of securing a job thereafter if I decide to go for my masters.
I am afraid of concluding my masters, bagging student loans and then being unable to get a job, and so having to come back to Nigeria and begin from scratch.

Please any good advise is welcome, especially from folk with viable experience.
MODs please help move this to FP to help me make a decision. Thank you!

Lol, you're considering Access bank over an Ivy league masters degree. Do not make that mistake.
Re: Masters In US Ivy League School Or Full Time Bank Job In Nigeria. by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:35pm On Mar 08, 2020
Better go for the ivy league. That degree is not worth skipping. The connections and the knowledge you would acquire would accelerate you to positions you would never imagine you can attain. No even allow village people win this one o.

1 Like

Re: Masters In US Ivy League School Or Full Time Bank Job In Nigeria. by Gerrard59(m): 7:02pm On Mar 08, 2020
Accept the school's offer and if the immigration policy gets tough, use the ivy league degree and get a job outside the US (Canada, UK, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, Singapore etc). That alone shows you the power of an ivy league degree [either Harvard, Columbia or Wharton-Penn (assuming it's a finance course)].

1 Like

Re: Masters In US Ivy League School Or Full Time Bank Job In Nigeria. by BrTune: 8:28pm On Mar 08, 2020
Great points!

(1) (Reply)

Make Money Online Through Audio Transcription Jobs / Profile of Hon Chief Amb. AGU NZUBE MATTHEW / Opay Service Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.