Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,050 members, 7,821,618 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Al Mustapha Freed - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Al Mustapha Freed (18000 Views)

MASSOB Loyalists, Al-mustapha, Fasheun, Mrs. Ojukwu Other Storm Owerri / Major Al-mustapha (rtd) Exposes , Lt- Gen. Abdulsalami (rtd) / How Sani Abacha Died…AL Mustapha. NOT BY APPLE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Sagamite(m): 8:16pm On Dec 23, 2010
justise:

I guess we should start doing what they do in Argentina; For starters, you should be forced to enlist in the Nigerian Army, sent on a peace-keeping mission in some godforsaken desert, prolly fight on the Nigerian side against a future well equipped Biafran Army, and only then should you be allowed to  come here and spew thrash on how easy it is to disobey your superiors. In Argentina, people actually earn the right to comment on national issue, not because they are entitled to it.

And while you are at it, the next time someone is killed for anti-state activities, you, your friends and family should leave your good lifestyle in PEACEFUL UK and go protest in Nigeria because in Argentina people actually stand up for what they believe in, not type balderdash from a foreign country.

Campaign whilst we have reetards like you saying it as justified to be murdered and you prefer military rule?
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by seanet02: 8:17pm On Dec 23, 2010
Sagamite:

Campaign whilst we have reetards like you saying it as justified to be murdered and you prefer military rule?
Gbam
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by justise: 10:01pm On Dec 23, 2010
Sagamite:

Stop trying to spin this
I have not said that it is justified to murder people in all circumstances, my point is that under Military rule, if you are perceived as an enemy of the state, and a likely threat to peace, after due investigation, if found guilty, may be justifiably murdered if immediate death is the best solution possible, all other things being equal.

That said, the bone of contention of this thread is the legality, or lack there of , of keeping Al-Mustapha behind bars for so long, and if he should even be tried for those murders in the first place. my point here is that, first, he did not pull the trigger, Sgt Rogers and the rest of the specially trained killer squad did, they should be charged, not Al- Mustapha.

Second, Al-Mustapha, like the rest of us, is a victim of circumstance. Deep down, he is a totally nice guy, who had no qualms with the people killed. He was simply obeying orders from above, and as such ought not to be prosecuted, so as not to discourage future fine officers like him from joining the army. Bad as he may seem in the eye of the public, he is one of the best officers the country has ever produced, and any sort of prosecution should be done with cognizance of and careful analysis of the precarious situation he found himself and his military record prior to becoming the CSO. Prosecuting Al mustapha would invariably open up the Pandora box and it would be difficult to draw the line. If he were prosecuted and jailed, then we would have to prosecute every member of the Nigerian military that fought against, maimed,and killed millions of innocent fellow country men during the infamous Biafran war. Should he be prosecuted, we would and should hold his superiors accountable as well. The likes of Diya and Adisa would have to spend time with him in prison as well.

I hope you understand where I am going here. It simply does not make sense to prosecute Al-Mustapha, a completely loyal and patriotic officer, for the unfortunate death of people, whilst in pursuance of his duty as ordered by his superiors. Simply put, he did what every fine officer swore to do i.e. "to be faithful,loyal and honest, to serve Nigeria with all their strength,and above all, to defend her unity and uphold her honor and glory, irrespective of whose ox is gored! Nigeria is bigger than any individual or groups or tribe or section.

One Nigeria!
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by bidemi12(m): 10:12pm On Dec 23, 2010
justise:

Stop trying to spin this
I have not said that it is justified to murder people in all circumstances, my point is that under Military rule, if you are perceived as an enemy of the state, and a likely threat to peace, after due investigation, if found guilty, may be justifiably murdered if immediate death is the best solution possible, all other things being equal.

My God!!! is this guy for real? someone please pull out the straight jacket.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Sagamite(m): 10:34pm On Dec 23, 2010
justise:

Stop trying to spin this

You are reetarded!!!

You are talking about spinning?

You are reetarded!!!

So now you know people have to be tried for an offence in a sane society?

Moooron!
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by justise: 7:10am On Dec 24, 2010
^^^

Other than Reetard, what other word do you have in your vocabulary?
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by shevchenko(m): 7:18am On Dec 24, 2010
The guy should have been killed
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by tunde247: 9:14am On Dec 25, 2010
yes killed ohhh
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by lagbaja20: 3:03am On Dec 28, 2010
Sagamite:

You are reetarded!!!

You are talking about spinning?

You are reetarded!!!

So now you know people have to be tried for an offence in a sane society?

Moooron!

I never liked Al Mustapha whilst he was in office. But today I must confess that he has certainly won my respect for two simple reasons. Firstly because not only has he stood firm, with courage, with digni,y and with his head held up high despite the monuemental ordeal he is facing and in spite of the obvious injustice that is being meted out to him and secondly because it is becoming increasingly obvious to me that there is every likelihood that he may not even be guilty of all the heinous crimes and atrocities that successive governments, the Nigerian military hierachy, the Nigerian establishment and the Nigerian media have convinced us over the years that he is actually guilty of committing. This was a very tough young man and a highly respected, disciplined, loyal and feared major in the Nigerian Army who General Abacha trusted absolutely and who had complete power over and total control of Abuja, the Presidency and the elite Federal Brigade of Guards battalion of the Nigerian Army at the time. And of course for that brief moment when they all came to the Presidential Villa at his invitation for him to brief them about the mysterious turn of events and the untimely death of General Abacha the top generals of the Nigerian Army of that day were all in his custody, in his power and at his mercy and he could have had them all mowed down with machine guns there and then or perhaps even had them poisoned and then taken power for himself. At that very moment and when it was obvious that the Head of State General Sani Abacha had been murdered by the powers that be and their American allies he could have done a palace coup himself and taken over the reins of government and the levers of power. But Al-Mustapha hesitated and missed his moment and instead he chose to conceede power to the generals and to trust them. And that may well have been his undoing.

The truth is that as far as those same generals that he conceeded power to were concerned Al-Mustapha simply knew too much about what really happened to Abacha that night and at that time and that was his real crime. And up until today he is simply too dangerous to them, to their cause and to their many interests be granted his liberty. As a matter of fact if they had their way Al-Mustapha would either be dead by now or would simply be left to rot in jail forever. That, in my view, explains the ridiculous 12 year ''detention and trial'' ordeal that he is facing and the inability of the prosecution to prove it's case against him and all the others that have been accused with him in all that time. If I am right in my assesment of this situation then it is my prayer that God forgives us all as a people for our culpability and our insensitivity in this matter and that He stays His hand of wrath and judgement over our nation for being so unjust to a man and a group of people that may well be innocent of all the unproven charges that have been thrown at them and for which they have been punished for the last 12 years.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Sagamite(m): 3:21pm On Dec 28, 2010
lagbaja20:

I never liked Al Mustapha whilst he was in office. But today I must confess that he has certainly won my respect for two simple reasons. Firstly because not only has he stood firm, with courage, with digni,y and with his head held up high despite the monuemental ordeal he is facing and in spite of the obvious injustice that is being meted out to him and secondly because it is becoming increasingly obvious to me that there is every likelihood that he may not even be guilty of all the heinous crimes and atrocities that successive governments, the Nigerian military hierachy, the Nigerian establishment and the Nigerian media have convinced us over the years that he is actually guilty of committing. This was a very tough young man and a highly respected, disciplined, loyal and feared major in the Nigerian Army who General Abacha trusted absolutely and who had complete power over and total control of Abuja, the Presidency and the elite Federal Brigade of Guards battalion of the Nigerian Army at the time. And of course for that brief moment when they all came to the Presidential Villa at his invitation for him to brief them about the mysterious turn of events and the untimely death of General Abacha the top generals of the Nigerian Army of that day were all in his custody, in his power and at his mercy and he could have had them all mowed down with machine guns there and then or perhaps even had them poisoned and then taken power for himself. At that very moment and when it was obvious that the Head of State General Sani Abacha had been murdered by the powers that be and their American allies he could have done a palace coup himself and taken over the reins of government and the levers of power. But Al-Mustapha hesitated and missed his moment and instead he chose to conceede power to the generals and to trust them. And that may well have been his undoing.

The truth is that as far as those same generals that he conceeded power to were concerned Al-Mustapha simply knew too much about what really happened to Abacha that night and at that time and that was his real crime. And up until today he is simply too dangerous to them, to their cause and to their many interests be granted his liberty. As a matter of fact if they had their way Al-Mustapha would either be dead by now or would simply be left to rot in jail forever. That, in my view, explains the ridiculous 12 year ''detention and trial'' ordeal that he is facing and the inability of the prosecution to prove it's case against him and all the others that have been accused with him in all that time. If I am right in my assesment of this situation then it is my prayer that God forgives us all as a people for our culpability and our insensitivity in this matter and that He stays His hand of wrath and judgement over our nation for being so unjust to a man and a group of people that may well be innocent of all the unproven charges that have been thrown at them and for which they have been punished for the last 12 years.

You honestly expected me to read anything that is more than 5 sentences on a serious issue from someone that has as location on his profile "Anywhere Ibos (Minus Inked_Nerd) are being killed"?

You really think I have nothing better to do with my time?

I would rather watch a freshly laid egg hatch!
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by lagbaja20: 3:24pm On Dec 28, 2010
Sagamite:

You honestly expected me to read anything that is more than 5 sentences on a serious issue from someone that has as location on his profile "Anywhere Ibos (Minus Inked_Nerd) are being killed"?

Typical black man
Cant read, cant think, can only watch. Follow follow attitude

What a dunce!
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Sagamite(m): 3:29pm On Dec 28, 2010
lagbaja20:

Typical black man
Cant read, cant think, can only watch. Follow follow attitude

What a dunce!

Look at this reetard!
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by lagbaja20: 3:39pm On Dec 28, 2010
Sagamite:

Look at this reetard!

Is that the only word in your vocabulary?

You are such a waste to your family, to your street, to Sagamu, to Nigeria,and, as a matter of fact, you wasted God's time.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Sagamite(m): 3:47pm On Dec 28, 2010
lagbaja20:

Is that the only word in your vocabulary?

You are such a waste to your family, to your street, to Sagamu, to Nigeria,and, as a matter of fact, you wasted God's time.

I repeat, you are reetarded! Everything you say points to the fact you are a reetard!
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by lagbaja20: 3:50pm On Dec 28, 2010
Sagamite:

I repeat, you are reetarded! Everything you say points to the fact you are a reetard!

I know your are hurting badly
Times have changed. These are different from the days when you roam NL unchallenged, as though you were the smartest dude around. Hey there is a new sheriff in town, actually new Sheriffs, counting Blazay.

Ode!
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Sagamite(m): 3:58pm On Dec 28, 2010
lagbaja20:

I know your are hurting badly
Times have changed. These are different from the days when you roam NL unchallenged, as though you were the smartest dude around. Hey there is a new sheriff in town, actually new Sheriffs, counting Blazay.

Ode!

You are reetarded. I am your intellectual GOD!
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by lagbaja20: 4:03pm On Dec 28, 2010
Ode

Although, I may be younger than you, I am light years ahead of you, intellectually.

Way smarter than the smartest person in your village.

You cant even read; yet, you want me to bow down to you

What an e-diot
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Sagamite(m): 4:10pm On Dec 28, 2010
lagbaja20:

Ode

Although, I may be younger than you, I am light years ahead of you, intellectually.

Way smarter than the smartest person in your village.

You cant even read; yet, you want me to bow down to you

What an e-diot

More evidence that you are reetarded!
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by bidemi12(m): 6:22pm On Dec 28, 2010
Sagamite:

I swear sagamite, you no go believe the kind trouble wey you nearly cause for me today. if no be for my rank i for do push up today for my outburst while there was a meeting in the next office partition. How i want take tell 1st SGT say na post from nairaland wey i read make me laugh that hard. if you see the eye wey e take look me you go fear. Watch freshly laid egg hatch ke? you too much jooo.
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by Sagamite(m): 9:15pm On Dec 28, 2010
^^^ Lol. grin grin grin
Re: Al Mustapha Freed by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:22pm On Mar 26, 2011
Hmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wamakko To Service Chiefs, IGP: Resign Now For Dereliction Of Duties / U.S To Give Nigeria $480m Abacha Family Loot / Obasanjo Reads Fable Of The Tortoise To School Children In Ogun State (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.