Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,579 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) (79658 Views)

Osogbo Primary School Pupil Gives Moving Campaign Speech, Contests For Head Boy / See What A Dad Had To Say After His Twins Were Elected Head Boy And Head Girl / Primary School Guts Fire In Abuja, Pupils Injured (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by foreshore(m): 12:37pm On Mar 08, 2020
EBMedia:

http://igberetvnews.com/1342985/pupils-print-banners-contest-head-boy-head-girl-photos/

Are this new to you? This that has been reigning since over 10years now
Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by felaismyhero(m): 12:39pm On Mar 08, 2020
crackhouse:
Is this all we can do in this country? Politics politics politics everyday. No technological advancement, no educational advancement, no meaningful research, nothing but politics everyday.
what ignorant you do not know is leadership determines all you listed.
Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by nnenna311: 12:42pm On Mar 08, 2020
[Did you read the part that says parents were buying things so that their children will be voted? And you call that 'a millennium idea'? This would have been good if the pulpils were allowed to campaign on their own without interference from parents which is as good as ' godfatherism, vote buying etc which is our pronlem today! It starts from here and you all are supporting this early evil that will grow to hunt you tomorrow.

quote author=Oluwahelpme post=87262254]We are in computer age. And those against this 'Kids politics' are still living in the 'stone age'. Our kids need to be exposed early enough to Nigeria politics. These kids will learn how to vote their leaders, and understand early enough the consequences of voting bad leaders to power. I wish all primary and secondary schools in Nigeria can emulate this innovation. [/quote]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by Emperor4tune(m): 12:46pm On Mar 08, 2020
these once may be worst than abacha in future imagine the age they are engaging in politics,before you know they will enroll some boys in their class as campaign thugs who may end up bulling oposition party just for power
Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by olowo16g(m): 12:51pm On Mar 08, 2020
JonTopps:
This is commendable.
Get them used to the electoral process and let them learn from an early age that they are responsible for the type of people that will govern them.

Thus what's done abroad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by Mires: 12:51pm On Mar 08, 2020
Nigeria, who do us?
Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by Oluwahelpme(m): 12:57pm On Mar 08, 2020
[quote author=nnenna311 post=87264820][Did you read the part that says parents were buying things so that their children will be voted? And you call that 'a millennium idea'? This would have been good if the pulpils were allowed to campaign on their own without interference from parents which is as good as ' godfatherism, vote buying etc which is our pronlem today! It starts from here and you all are supporting this early evil that will grow to hunt you tomorrow.
Nigeria problem is not the politicians that are buying votes. The problem is the voters that are selling their votes. Did u get that?
Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by edoairways: 12:57pm On Mar 08, 2020
JonTopps:
This is commendable.
Get them used to the electoral process and let them learn from an early age that they are responsible for the type of people that will govern them.
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by Premiumwriter: 1:01pm On Mar 08, 2020
This is wrong for primary school joor. Pure waste of time.
Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by Mraproko1: 1:04pm On Mar 08, 2020
Igbo kwenu the proprietor of this school must be an Igbo person.
Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by Sunriserealtors: 1:09pm On Mar 08, 2020
Something that has been happening in Lagos since 1900
Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by Sunriserealtors: 1:14pm On Mar 08, 2020
biGDhAp:
Did almost this same kinda thing in sec school..

Wrote manifesto

Campaigned from class to class

Even bribed junior students for vote lol

Impromptu speech nko . Nawa oo school wan kill us that year
Wish we had such Opportunity to campaign I would have won my SP hands down. But unfortunately in Federal Science and Technical College Awka, Students don't vote instead teachers vote on their behalf.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by Moikiitos: 1:18pm On Mar 08, 2020
EBMedia:

http://igberetvnews.com/1342985/pupils-print-banners-contest-head-boy-head-girl-photos/

Back in the days when this positions are handed to girls and boys with the best grades, good characters, clean and discipline students....those are the good times of my era in school. Not taking anything away from today's digital era. Hopefully though that those principles in selecting these positions is still held. Good lucky to you all prospective candidates smiley!
Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by Christafarian(m): 1:19pm On Mar 08, 2020
Witcher:
This is illegal. Igberetv review this article and take it down...

...says one of the teachers in the school.

Btw, what's the need for a review if he must take it down?
Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by Christafarian(m): 1:20pm On Mar 08, 2020
CXLVII:
No wonder the fence of the school is already marked for demolition.

You can't plant maize and harvest yam.

A school that has already violated urban planning laws will definitely have nothing to offer.

Wasting precious time of the young lads and misorientating them

Chai ! E dey as if dat skul don do you strong thing before. grin grin
Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by valdetino(m): 1:25pm On Mar 08, 2020
I pray they parents will not snatch the ballot boxes that day.

Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by APCNig: 1:26pm On Mar 08, 2020
NextD18:
Those kids can comfortably win Emeka Ihedioha if contested together.

Please don't add salt to Emeka Ihedioha's injury nah. I heard his wife is also threatening to divorce him and marry Uzodihma.
Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by 3Ceagle(m): 1:30pm On Mar 08, 2020
JonTopps:
This is commendable.

Exactly. How did we remove civic education from our curricular and expect patriotism in our citizenry? Unfortunately many did not see it from this angle but rather on the demolition mark. A large number of Private schools are on rented property until they finally develop own and the structural design will tell you.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by cybarinem(m): 1:30pm On Mar 08, 2020
This is beautiful, my first like on nairaland since I subscribe to it. If we were informed to this stage or our fathers were, by now we would have produced intelligent leaders, independent leaders, outspoken leaders. Persons with integrity and full knowledge of our environment and states without a brochure or PA on speech writing.
This is a step towards success, our kids must learn what it takes and how to take over with voice and not thugs and money as we are currently exposed to.
This should be implemented in all schools with full supervision to stop them from diving into wrong direction. I.e vote buying, all campaign must be in public gathering and not to individuals they must not seen with money or have direct support from their parents. Any sign of the above should disqualify contestants.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by Nobody: 1:31pm On Mar 08, 2020
Oluwahelpme:
We are in computer age. And those against this 'Kids politics' are still living in the 'stone age'. Our kids need to be exposed early enough to Nigeria politics. These kids will learn how to vote their leaders, and understand early enough the consequences of voting bad leaders to power. I wish all primary and secondary schools in Nigeria can emulate this innovation.

The only reason I don't support this is because the parents got involved. It's not and shouldn't be that deep
Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by joshuaidibia(m): 1:34pm On Mar 08, 2020
sassysure:
This is very wrong.

This school should be closed asap.

How's it wrong please? Cause they MUST have held a PTA meeting to seek permission from the parents or guardians of all pupils. And by the looks of it, they agreed.
Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by Nobody: 1:36pm On Mar 08, 2020
This is a big shame
Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by kunletexs: 1:39pm On Mar 08, 2020
I went through some comments and am so surprised at the people calling it rubbish. It a different ball game for a school to be earmarked for demolition, it another for such creative idea to be produced. Let be objective about our comments.

We should rather know that the beauty of learning is in practice. If what Nigerian syllabus offers is half of these, we should be having our academic prowess in foreign nations of the world.

I bet the students night turn out to never forget the electioneering process again as a topic since they did a little practical.

Just the other day, I watched as a young girl of less than 12 years stood on the podium and citizen the policy of a politician veering for us presidential election. How did it start, from as little as this.

Let learn to LOVE our own initiative MOST TIMES especially when they are good.
Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 08, 2020
joshuaidibia:

How's it wrong please? Cause they MUST have held a PTA meeting to seek permission from the parents or guardians of all pupils. And by the looks of it, they agreed.
Go and read that original post again, u will see the answer there.
Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by captianfreeman(m): 1:48pm On Mar 08, 2020
CXLVII:

A school that has already violated urban planning laws will definitely have nothing to offer.

Sense will not kill you.
Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by Talknochip(m): 1:51pm On Mar 08, 2020
1000 shades of wrong! What happened to merit, virtue etc
Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by richard870(m): 1:55pm On Mar 08, 2020
CXLVII:

You are so primitive!
Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by Oluwahelpme(m): 2:09pm On Mar 08, 2020
fieryy:

The only reason I don't support this is because the parents got involved. It's not and shouldn't be that deep
How are you doing Fierry? U are looking beautiful.
Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by Hahjascho(m): 2:33pm On Mar 08, 2020
Really?
Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by omokudu(m): 2:37pm On Mar 08, 2020
I was the head boy of the Leaders of Tomorrow Nursery and Primary School, New Karu 2006 set. It was an election process that made me the headboy of my primary school as at that time.

Primary election among primary 5 pupils was first conducted, then the best two candidates go all out to campaign round classes and on the Assembly ground every morning together with their running mates.

Initially I thought it was wierd, because my predecessors were not selected through electioneering (rather best brain for head boy/girl as often practiced).

I grew up to understand that it helped the development of pupils.
Re: Abuja Pupils Print Banners To Vie For Head Boy, Head Girl (Photos) by CXLVII: 2:40pm On Mar 08, 2020
richard870:
You are so primitive!

Tell me how.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rating Of Secondary Schools In Nigeria / What You Don't Know About National Open University Of Nigeria (noun) / Full List Of Best Universities In Nigeria By NUC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.