Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,995 members, 7,838,508 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:38 AM

Is God Perfect? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Perfect? (1005 Views)

Receiving In Prayers The Things That Are God's Perfect-will For Us / God's Word Reveals God's Perfect-will Per Time For Each Human Being / Is God Perfect ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is God Perfect? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Mar 08, 2020
Aderewah:

The question is why? Why can't we be perfect already? It will save billions of people so much suffering. If you say we are so inconsequential to understand, then why is our worship so important? Remember we didn't choose to come to the world. 97% of people would have chosen not to exist of they knew the suffering they were coming to face.

You seem quite sincere in your questions compared to the other chap.

I don't which religion you practice or what your belief system looks like.

But if you sincerely are looking for the truth, then I'd be glad to point you in the right direction.

When you ask, why can't we be perfect already, it is like asking, why weren't we born as full grown adults?

Why do we have to risk the pains of childhood and growing up?

Like I said earlier, we are perfect, but we have to work towards that perfection that is latent within us.

Look, stand in front of your mirror and realise that what you are looking at is not the real YOU but your birthday suit.

You, the real you is a Spirit being, a perfect being, a tiny spark from the Divine Flame.

You can only get to know your true self by working, and going through life experiences.

That spirit that is you lives in your body which you see in the mirror.

That body, your body, is the Temple of the Spirit which is you.

I fear I have said too much.

But if it helps you think deeper and ask better questions, maybe a purpose would have been served.
Re: Is God Perfect? by Aderewah: 7:04pm On Mar 08, 2020
FrLukas:

But if you sincerely are looking for the truth, then I'd be glad to point you in the right direction.

When you ask, why can't we be perfect already, it is like asking, why weren't we born as full grown adults?

Like I said earlier, we are perfect, but we have to work towards that perfection that is latent within us.

Look, stand in front of your mirror and realise that what you are looking at is not the real YOU but your birthday suit.

You, the real you is a Spirit being, a perfect being, a tiny spark from the Divine Flame.

You can only get to know your true self by working, and going through life experiences.

But if it helps you think deeper and ask better questions, maybe a purpose would have been served.

I know this. The question arises because of the way the two dominant religions in Nigeria present God. What if God is us. What if God reaches perfection as we reach ours. Maybe that why we are so important. Those that have the discipline to strive will be taken to another plane and those that don't will cease to exist. I just can't reconcile a perfect God that pushes extremely imperfect humans into a race of perfection and punishes those that fall short with an eternal suffering. It just doesn't make sense.
Re: Is God Perfect? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Mar 08, 2020
Aderewah:

I know this. The question arises because of the way the two dominant religions in Nigeria present God. What if God is us. What if God reaches perfection as we reach ours. Maybe that why we are so important. Those that have the discipline to strive will be taken to another plane and those that don't will cease to exist. I just can't reconcile a perfect God that pushes extremely imperfect humans into a race of perfection and punishes those that fall short with an eternal suffering. It just doesn't make sense.

Religion, all religions are not perfect because they are man made.

What religion does, especially the two dominant religion, Modern day Christianity and Islam is to try to create God in the image of Man.

No. God is not striving for perfection.

If He were, then He wouldn't be God.

The concept of GOD is an Absolute and Immutable, non changing Being that has always been and always will be perfect.

To conceive of a God that is not perfect but striving for perfection is to conceive of a relative being and call that God.

God is ABSOLUTE. In the Absolute sense of the word.

God is not us. We are not God. We are gods. We are sons of God. We aren't Absolute, otherwise we won't be enclosed in flesh.

The ABSOLUTE ENTITY will never ever have any need to enclose itself in flesh and become a relative being.

Look, search for books that teach Gnani Yoga and Bhakti Yoga and read more.

Search for books that Esoteric Christianity or Mystic Christianity.

If you practice Raja Yoga, eventually, you will find that the Truth of the Universe is hidden within you.

No one can convince you of the truth you are not ready to receive.

But don't stop searching for the truth. And when you find it, you will be free. The kind of freedom the world cannot offer you.

Then you will understand that you are a son of God. You are a tiny spark of the Divine Flame. You are indeed created in the image and likeness of God.

I could recommend some book titles which you can download for free online and read if you want.
Re: Is God Perfect? by Aderewah: 7:28pm On Mar 08, 2020
FrLukas:

What religion does, especially the two dominant religion, Modern day Christianity and Islam is to try to create God in the image of Man.

The concept of GOD is an Absolute and Immutable, non changing Being that has always been and always will be perfect.

To conceive of an God that is not perfect but striving for perfection is to conceive of a relative being and call that God.

God is not us. We are not God. We are gods. We are sons of God. We aren't Absolute, otherwise we won't be enclosed in flesh.

The ABSOLUTE ENTITY will never ever have any need to enclose itself in flesh and become a relative being.

If you practice Raja Yoga, eventually, you will find that the Truth of the Universe is hidden within you.

But don't stop searching for the truth. And when you find it, you will be free. The kind of freedom the world cannot offer you.

Then you will understand that you are a son of God. You are a tiny spark of the Divine Flame. You are indeed created in the image and likeness of God.

I could recommend some book titles which you can download for free online and read if you want.

You make more sense than the religious preachers. Thanks for the discourse.

1 Like

Re: Is God Perfect? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 08, 2020
Aderewah:

You make more sense than the religious preachers. Thanks for the discourse.

Thank you . It's been a great discussion. Cheers and all the best.
Re: Is God Perfect? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Mar 08, 2020
Aderewah:

I see you're a Jehovah witness. You claim we can't use human intelligence to understand God in one sentence. Next sentence, you're explaining away what God does and why from a few paragraphs.

I think what Jossy meant is "if you want to study God you need to meditate thoroughly on how he dealt with people in the past"

You can't grasp his qualities by dwelling on what misinformed religionists think.

For instance God detests violence.

So if someone loves violence in form of sport, it's evident that such a person is an enemy of God! Psalms 11:5
Re: Is God Perfect? by LordReed(m): 9:14pm On Mar 08, 2020
Christians and Muslims have to pretend their god is perfect or else their "holy" books will not make any sense.
Re: Is God Perfect? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Mar 08, 2020
LordReed:
Christians and Muslims have to pretend their god is perfect or else their "holy" books will not make any sense.

Whatever anyone thinks about our God is BULLSHIT so far we DESIRE TO WORSHIP HIM! cheesy
Re: Is God Perfect? by LordReed(m): 10:00pm On Mar 08, 2020
Maximus69:

Whatever anyone thinks about our God is BULLSHIT so far we DESIRE TO WORSHIP HIM! cheesy

Your god is bullshit already so no surprises there. LMFAO!
Re: Is God Perfect? by Chairman50: 12:49am On Mar 09, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

[/s]
Re: Is God Perfect? by Chairman50: 12:55am On Mar 09, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

To conceive of a God that is not perfect but striving for perfection is to conceive of a relative being and call that God.

[/s]
Re: Is God Perfect? by Chairman50: 12:57am On Mar 09, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:

Thank you . It's been a great discussion. Cheers and all the best.
[/s]
Re: Is God Perfect? by Nobody: 7:42am On Mar 09, 2020
LordReed:

Your god is bullshit already so no surprises there. LMFAO!

Whatever a man has no interest in is called "BULLSHIT"!

That's why our God asked us to search for those who don't take him as BULLSHIT! smiley

Remember Jesus commanded us to search for the lost sheep of the house of Israel! {Matthew 10:6} meaning humans who feels like having a common line of thought with their fellow man like SHEEP.
NOT those who takes the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as BULLSHIT!

So you're not the type we're searching for, that's why when we meet people like you in the field we quickly move to the next door! smiley
Re: Is God Perfect? by LordReed(m): 7:50am On Mar 09, 2020
Maximus69:

Whatever a man has no interest in is called "BULLSHIT"!

That's why our God asked us to search for those who don't take him as BULLSHIT! smiley

Remember Jesus commanded us to search for the lost sheep of the house of Israel! {Matthew 10:6} meaning humans who feels like having a common line of thought with their fellow man like SHEEP.
NOT those who takes the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob as BULLSHIT!

So you're not the type we're searching for, that's why when we meet people like you in the field we quickly move to the next door! smiley

Very good, at least you'll stop preaching your JW propaganda at me.
Re: Is God Perfect? by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 09, 2020
LordReed:

Very good, at least you'll stop preaching your JW propaganda at me.

Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! cheesy

Well it's nothing my friend, i wasn't preaching to you, i was only defending what i cherished so much "My FAITH"

Please don't feel threatened by a TRUE Christian's ability to defend his FAITH with efficacy, mildness and deep respect! 1Peter 3:15

I knew from your frequent "Bwahahahaha" that my comments are hitting you badly {1Corinthians 9:26} but never mind Sir, it wasn't meant for attack but DEFENSE! Ephesians 6:10-17

So we are friends Sir, you throw your blows against FAITH to exterminate it in the minds of anyone having it, but i keep throwing mine in defense of FAITH to strengthen whoever cherishes it! smiley
Re: Is God Perfect? by LordReed(m): 8:45am On Mar 09, 2020
Maximus69:

Wow! Wow!! Wow!!! cheesy

Well it's nothing my friend, i wasn't preaching to you, i was only defending what i cherished so much "My FAITH"

Please don't feel threatened by a TRUE Christian's ability to defend his FAITH with efficacy, mildness and deep respect! 1Peter 3:15

I knew from your frequent "Bwahahahaha" that my comments are hitting you badly {1Corinthians 9:26} but never mind Sir, it wasn't meant for attack but DEFENSE! Ephesians 6:10-17

So we are friends Sir, you throw your blows against FAITH to exterminate it in the minds of anyone having it, but i keep throwing mine in defense of FAITH to strengthen whoever cherishes it! smiley

Bwahahahahaha! You and your over active imagination. Even if you preach your JW propaganda from dusk till dawn at me it wouldn't make one bit of difference. I was merely acknowledging that you no longer thought me worth the effort. Now you want to use reverse psychology when it was you who said you'll pass by me. LMFAO!
Re: Is God Perfect? by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 09, 2020
LordReed:

Bwahahahahaha! You and your over active imagination. Even if you preach your JW propaganda from dusk till dawn at me it wouldn't make one bit of difference. I was merely acknowledging that you no longer thought me worth the effort. Now you want to use reverse psychology when it was you who said you'll pass by me. LMFAO!

We will PASS YOU BY when you're quiet in your room, NOT when you throw negative words at FAITH in the public! smiley

So as i said Sir, it's not when you're quietly going your own way after telling us that FAITH in God is BULLSHIT that we'll be pestering you, but when you come publicly to challenge FAITH, we will silence you with efficacy.

That's our heritage! Isaiah 54:17
Re: Is God Perfect? by LordReed(m): 9:27am On Mar 09, 2020
Maximus69:

We will PASS YOU BY when you're quiet in your room, NOT when you throw negative words at FAITH in the public! smiley

So as i said Sir, it's not when you're quietly going your own way after telling us that FAITH in God is BULLSHIT that we'll be pestering you, but when you come publicly to challenge FAITH, we will silence you with efficacy.

That's our heritage! Isaiah 54:17

Keep dreaming about silencing, you wish you could. LMFAO!
Re: Is God Perfect? by Nobody: 10:06am On Mar 09, 2020
LordReed:

Keep dreaming about silencing, you wish you could. LMFAO!

Your faculty is strict about LOGICS!

The human society is made up of intelligent creatures having different hobbies, interests and opinions. So to strike a balance in other for cohabitation we need rules to guide us on rights and wrongs.
Every registered organization makes their own rules upon which all members of such organization operates LEGALLY.
Religionists have what is called preaching (speaking freely with their neighbours on what they trust/believe) this is found WRITTEN in the document guiding their organization and it's granted under the law of all peace loving society.
Atheists on the other hand have no business in preaching since they don't teach a common line of thought, their own faculty is about going quietly and doing your business.

Now can you back up what you're doing on Nairaland with any WRITTEN document by your esteemed faculty? I'm sorry the answer is "NO!"

So when you come on podiums like this to argue baselessly on what you can't prefer any solution, it makes you look stupid and preposterous in the sense that there is no valid document to back up what you're doing here. The religionists will produce the documents backing their preaching campaign anytime to prove that what they're doing is a command but as for you Sir, you've got NOTHING to present to back what you are doing here on social media!

So if you feel you can't be silenced, it's not because you've not been silenced Sir, it's because you're an advocate of disorder who have no shame! smiley
Re: Is God Perfect? by LordReed(m): 10:33am On Mar 09, 2020
Maximus69:

Your faculty is strict about LOGICS!

The human society is made up of intelligent creatures having different hobbies, interests and opinions. So to strike a balance in other for cohabitation we need rules to guide us on rights and wrongs.
Every registered organization makes their own rules upon which all members of such organization operates LEGALLY.
Religionists have what is called preaching (speaking freely with their neighbours on what they trust/believe) this is found WRITTEN in the document guiding their organization and it's granted under the law of all peace loving society.
Atheists on the other hand have no business in preaching since they don't teach a common line of thought, their own faculty is about going quietly and doing your business.

Now can you back up what you're doing on Nairaland with any WRITTEN document by your esteemed faculty? I'm sorry the answer is "NO!"

So when you come on podiums like this to argue baselessly on what you can't prefer any solution, it makes you look stupid and preposterous in the sense that there is no valid document to back up what you're doing here. The religionists will produce the documents backing their preaching campaign anytime to prove that what they're doing is a command but as for you Sir, you've got NOTHING to present to back what you are doing here on social media!

So if you feel you can't be silenced, it's not because you've not been silenced Sir, it's because you're an advocate of disorder who have no shame! smiley

LoL! Were you told the bible is a legally binding document? LMFAO!

Keep dreaming about silencing me. It will only remain a dream, your attempt at emotional blackmail not withstanding. LMFAO!
Re: Is God Perfect? by Nobody: 11:05am On Mar 09, 2020
LordReed:

LoL!

(1)Were you told the bible is a legally binding document? LMFAO!

Keep dreaming about silencing me. It will only remain a dream, your

(2)attempt at emotional blackmail not withstanding. LMFAO!

A document becomes LEGAL and BINDING when the majority agreed and passed it into LAW!
The Bible is highly respected and held seriously by billions of people on your planet, so if some decides to live by it, i think they have the right and legal backing to do so! smiley

But you coming out typing comments just to kick against their decision, when you can't point to any document or faculty asking you to do so sounds senseless! smiley
Re: Is God Perfect? by LordReed(m): 12:08pm On Mar 09, 2020
Maximus69:

A document becomes LEGAL and BINDING when the majority agreed and passed it into LAW!
The Bible is highly respected and held seriously by billions of people on your planet, so if some decides to live by it, i think they have the right and legal backing to do so! smiley

But you coming out typing comments just to kick against their decision, when you can't point to any document or faculty asking you to do so sounds senseless! smiley

Where and when was the bible passed into law?
Re: Is God Perfect? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 09, 2020
LordReed:

Where and when was the bible passed into law?

Haba, Professor! embarassed

A book you will find in almost every house on planet earth!

Well the earth's population have spoken in volumes Sir!

I never said it was PASSED into LAW, what i said is that billions of your fellow men on this planet have high regard for the book, and if they chose to live by it's rule they have the right to do so.

But you who is kicking against their decision is a problem to yourself because you can't even point to any document or faculty asking you to do so! smiley
Re: Is God Perfect? by LordReed(m): 3:32pm On Mar 09, 2020
Maximus69:

Haba, Professor! embarassed

A book you will find in almost every house on planet earth!

Well the earth's population have spoken in volumes Sir!

I never said it was PASSED into LAW, what i said is that billions of your fellow men on this planet have high regard for the book, and if they chose to live by it's rule they have the right to do so.

But you who is kicking against their decision is a problem to yourself because you can't even point to any document or faculty asking you to do so! smiley

I asked if the Bible is a legal document, don't waste my time answering a question I didn't ask.
Re: Is God Perfect? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 09, 2020
LordReed:

I asked if the Bible is a legal document, don't waste my time answering a question I didn't ask.

It's like this your bossy attitude is getting into your brains again Sir! cheesy

I don't care about your time, so if you're in haste i'm not holding you back, you're free to take your leave! cheesy
Re: Is God Perfect? by LordReed(m): 4:10pm On Mar 09, 2020
Maximus69:

It's like this your bossy attitude is getting into your brains again Sir! cheesy

I don't care about your time, so if you're in haste i'm not holding you back, you're free to take your leave! cheesy

And you are free not to give me dodgy answers to questions I didn't ask. If you'd rather not answer the question say so, I don't need JW propaganda.
Re: Is God Perfect? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Mar 09, 2020
LordReed:

And you are free not to give me dodgy answers to questions I didn't ask. If you'd rather not answer the question say so, I don't need JW propaganda.
I don't owe you any answers my friend! smiley

We are having a FRIENDLY chat NOT interrogation, so if you truly want to know what's in my mind you must ask with deep respect because i'm neither your kid nor student! cheesy
Re: Is God Perfect? by LordReed(m): 5:55pm On Mar 09, 2020
Maximus69:

I don't owe you any answers my friend! smiley

We are having a FRIENDLY chat NOT interrogation, so if you truly want to know what's in my mind you must ask with deep respect because i'm neither your kid nor student! cheesy

Keep your answers then, I am not interested in dodgy JW propaganda.
Re: Is God Perfect? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Mar 09, 2020
LordReed:

Keep your answers then, I am not interested in dodgy JW propaganda.

Whatever my friend, WHATEVER! wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You See The Mysterious Angel That Appears At TB Joshua Burial / Is Matter And Energy Eternal? / Spiritual Orientation And Tips Thread Has Been Brought Down! Y'all Protest!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.