Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Can Men's Libido Be Controlled - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Men's Libido Be Controlled (5640 Views)

My Wife Says Her Libido Is Dead. / Under-aged Bride Kills Husband Over Hyperactive Libido In Plateau / Can Men Be Trusted? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Men's Libido Be Controlled by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 21, 2010
I decided 2 start this thread based on the responses i got in 'my wife wants a maid i dont want', i was so surprised to read some people views, everyone(male or female)i believe can have a sexual desire,but can be controlled, ability 2 control ourselves is wat differentiates us from animals, anyone who feels he cannot control his sexual desire needs to be checked!4get all dse medical back up of hormones,4get gurls walking around half naked,stop justifying wat is pointless,stop making faithfulness on d man's part' a FAVOUR' 2 the women, its self discipline on ur own part n u earn respect 4 it, its not as if dse few minutes of pleasure prolongs ur life, we have real men dat dont lust after everything in skirts!,
Re: Can Men's Libido Be Controlled by Blazay(m): 9:58pm On Dec 21, 2010
No.
Mine cannot be controlled especially at 5AM every morning. . . .when it wakes up looking for food. wink
If I need it. . . I have to get it. My wife understands that. . .  and has adjusted perfectly well. cool
2 days maximum is all I can handle without it.
The 'thing' has a mind of it's own and cannot be controlled.

I am a real man and do not 'lust' after everything in skirts only some highly selective and imaginative things in skirts worthy of my attention.
Not everything like housemaids or hookers thank you! You try being a man for one day and you would understand. wink
Yes, I am an animal. . . .a beast, and do not require any medical intervention.
Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Can Men's Libido Be Controlled by InkedNerd(f): 1:02am On Dec 22, 2010
bhusayor:

I decided 2 start this thread based on the responses i got in 'my wife wants a maid i dont want', i was so surprised to read some people views, everyone(male or female)i believe can have a sexual desire,but can be controlled, ability 2 control ourselves is wat differentiates us from animals, anyone who feels he cannot control his sexual desire needs to be checked!4get all dse medical back up of hormones,4get gurls walking around half unclothed,stop justifying wat is pointless,stop making faithfulness on d man's part' a FAVOUR' 2 the women, its self discipline on your own part n u earn respect 4 it, its not as if dse few minutes of pleasure prolongs your life, we have real men dat dont lust after everything in skirts!,

You're right. Often times on threads, you'll see NLanders bend over backwards to justify the man's actions. If one cannot control themselves [and commit to one person if they have promised themselves to that one person] then they shouldn't have gotten married in the first place. It reminds me of a thread I saw a long time ago where a young girl said her father was touching her in an inappropriate manner. Although some people in the thread felt sorry for the girl, others told her that if she was walking around in short skirts or shorts that she shouldn't do it because it may be what is causing her father to touch her. Comments like that really pissed me off because its was almost as though they were saying the father either wasn't responsible for his actions or that it was the girls fault.
Re: Can Men's Libido Be Controlled by Osama10(m): 1:18am On Dec 22, 2010
The male libido is totally different from that of a woman and can be controlled too.
Re: Can Men's Libido Be Controlled by Nobody: 11:17am On Dec 22, 2010
Apparently, the popular opinion is that men are animals deep down . . . the cannot control their libido. Once the want it, they've got to get it.

We might as well all sign up for open marriages! undecided
Re: Can Men's Libido Be Controlled by Claus(m): 12:32pm On Dec 22, 2010
bhusayor:

4get all dse medical back up of hormones,4get gurls walking around half unclothed,stop justifying wat is pointless,stop making faithfulness on d man's part' a FAVOUR' 2 the women, its self discipline on your own part n u earn respect 4 it, its not as if dse few minutes of pleasure prolongs your life, we have real men dat dont lust after everything in skirts!,

Thanks for the thread! I was sad when the other thread started winding down sad

One thing I want to point out is that you can't forget biology. An average man's body produce waaaayyy more testosterone than an average woman's.

You're right to critisize the men that don't control those urges. What separates us from animals is that we have highly developed minds, so (if we choose to as some of us have done) we know what to do to prevent us from acting on those urges.

However, you can't critisize men for having those urges because we had no say in how we were created. When the poster in the other thread confessed to finding the housegirl attractive, some people went as far as questioning his morals.

There's no point denying men's physical nature. The evidence is all around us of those that have decided to succumb. Some of them will sleep with any female that moves.

It doesn't mean that those that those of us that don't sleep around don't have similar urges. I have been married for a few years now, I have never even come close to straying.

So the answer is, a man's libido occurs naturally. His best form of control is to put safeguards around himself. It is up to each man to determine his safeguards.

1 Like

Re: Can Men's Libido Be Controlled by ifyalways(f): 1:00pm On Dec 22, 2010
Not sure abt men but Yeah,i can control and contain a certain man's libido cool

1 Like

Re: Can Men's Libido Be Controlled by dayokanu(m): 3:01pm On Dec 22, 2010
^^^ Thanks hun for keeping mine in check
Re: Can Men's Libido Be Controlled by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 22, 2010
Make Mr. Ifyalways catch you first! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Can Men's Libido Be Controlled by dayokanu(m): 3:11pm On Dec 22, 2010
No tell anybody oooo
Re: Can Men's Libido Be Controlled by Nobody: 4:50pm On Dec 22, 2010
@poster
ABSOLUTELY NOT!!!!!!
a man can suppress his sexual urges/desires but CANNOT CONTROL THEM!!!!
its all down to emotional strength/will. . . . . . . not all men will cheat and fukc a na.ked and willing gal with legs wide opened on their bed BUT they will all have a hard on, lol!!!!
Re: Can Men's Libido Be Controlled by kokoye(m): 8:24pm On Dec 22, 2010
is libido = manliness ?

cos I know I always have to hang my manliness on the room wall when i'm going out and pick it back up when I return.

So I can control my libiwhateva you call it. tongue

1 Like

Re: Can Men's Libido Be Controlled by Nobody: 9:24pm On Dec 22, 2010
^^^^libido is the desire/emotion (and subsequent physical reaction) towards any se.xual activity. you DEFINITELY cannot leave that on the clothes hanger.
i am sure you can control not having se.x with someone but can you control being  excited (emotionally stimulate) by a thought, image or actual sexy person?!
Re: Can Men's Libido Be Controlled by kokoye(m): 11:26pm On Dec 22, 2010
^^^

I was just joking with my comment sir.

Libido is meant to be enjoyed and not controlled. grin

1 Like

Re: Can Men's Libido Be Controlled by omamokta: 12:42pm On Dec 23, 2010
Castration will give the final control.
Re: Can Men's Libido Be Controlled by pingpong1: 12:55pm On Dec 23, 2010
You are only allowed to control it when it is going astray not when it wants your wife.
Re: Can Men's Libido Be Controlled by tpia5: 4:33am On Aug 21, 2013
seems to be more of a problem for blacks, not as much for other races, imo.

1 Like

Re: Can Men's Libido Be Controlled by goodbobo: 11:28am On Aug 21, 2013
The truth about men is far from what a lot of women know. A man physiology and anatomy really differ from that of a woman. The issue goes beyond and man being able to control himself , it should be a man should be able to guard himself from lust. The truth is a full blooded healthy man ( not low libido man) can not control it when it comes to real lust. What a wise men do is to guard himself from lust if he truly want to prevent it . Do u know even the bible says flee all appearances of evil meaning put checks in place at all times . Do u also know that pastors also put a lot of checks in place to prevent falling into such sins. It is not that such pastors can not control themselves neither is it that they are sinful .

It will be the most foolish thing for a wife to get a very attractive mature house girl at home with his husband while she goes on like a month trip and thinks the husband is a very decent , discipline and God fearing man.

See a lot of people makes mistake of thinking that a man that is not lured into such temptation is decent . Such a man actually have very low libido naturally . it is not is own making , neither is it that he is able to control himself but that his hormones are just low naturally . Such men will have to be begged by their wife for sex most times .
Re: Can Men's Libido Be Controlled by Nobody: 11:46am On Aug 21, 2013
All na wash. I'm sure if the subject of your their lust is HIV positive, matter how attractive, they would sure be able to hold body.
Re: Can Men's Libido Be Controlled by Nobody: 12:23pm On Aug 21, 2013
If they are so animalistic,why don't they jump on their mum's because they are so Hot?Bottomline,we all have the ability to control intimate urges,therefore,unfaithfulness should not be shrouded in ridiculous excuses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Men's Libido Be Controlled by Tinkybabe(f): 12:50pm On Aug 21, 2013
honey86: All na wash. I'm sure if the subject of your their lust is HIV positive, matter how attractive, they would sure be able to hold body.

Hahaha. .true!
Re: Can Men's Libido Be Controlled by goodbobo: 1:17pm On Aug 21, 2013
@Hot and @thinky , will a hungry man eat a very delicious food if he knows there is poison in it ? He wont no matter how delicious the food is or how hungry he is . So u cant make any point from this ur statement .
Re: Can Men's Libido Be Controlled by birdman(m): 3:23am On Aug 22, 2013
It can be controlled no doubt, but sometimes, under the right amount of stress, your primitive urge to reproduce will probably overwhelm your logical self. Better to do like the biblical Joseph and flee all appearances... tongue

byvan: If they are so animalistic,why don't they jump on their mum's because they are so Hot?Bottomline,we all have the ability to control intimate urges,therefore,unfaithfulness should not be shrouded in ridiculous excuses.

Reproducing with your mom or close relative leads to weak offspring that die easy, so your primitive mind has learned not to get turned on by family. If you dont want your man jumping around, handle your business. Your eyes were open when you married him. If you dont handle the business, someone else will. Same goes for men by the way

(1) (Reply)

How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? / Never Accept S*x After Marriage, I Did And I Am Regretting Now–married Lady Says / Another Nigerian White Baby Emerge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.