Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? (5620 Views)

Pregnancy And Hormones? Your Experience? / Raging Pregnancy Hormones? / Teenage Boys And Hormones. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by Lolarez: 10:10pm On Nov 08, 2014
Hello everyone. This is just a follow up on the thread that was created on why women are hostile during pregnancy. Menstrual pain can really get so crazy that you can 'misbehave' so badly to anyone who unfortunately gets in your way. This however depends on the person involved and the degree of pains the person goes through. I for one would rather stay on my own and bear the pains than have people around who may say or do something that would irritate me the more. I blame it on the hormones. So ladies, how much do your hormones mess with you and how well do you handle it.
Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Nov 08, 2014
Well, i know i get really hor ny, my boobs get bigger, my skin turns really soft, unbearable pains, heavy flow and mood swings. I try to talk less cos if im made to talk too much, i could get aggressive. I tend to answer questions in one word only. What helps me is taking something hot to ease the flow and i take pain relieving drugs a few days b4 my period starts. i take fruits and blood building tonic to replace the lost blood and body cleansers to get rid of remnant blood after the period.

2 Likes

Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by crackhaus: 12:12am On Nov 09, 2014
So what I really need to know, is there ever a time when hormones have absolutely no effect on a woman's emotions?
Like after you eliminate days of PMS, pregnancy, and cycles - is there a time your hormones don't have an effect on your moods and emotions?

Just curious...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by coogar: 12:15am On Nov 09, 2014
crackhaus:
So what I really need to know, is there ever a time when hormones have absolutely no effect on a woman's emotions?
Like after you eliminate days of PMS, pregnancy, and cycles - is there a time your hormones don't have an effect on your moods and emotions?

Just curious...

women are constantly ruled by their hormones. pregnancy, periods, ovulation, etc. it's from one hormone rush to another - this is why women themselves don't know what they want. grin
Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by crackhaus: 12:21am On Nov 09, 2014
coogar:

women are constantly ruled by their hormones. pregnancy, periods, ovulation, etc. it's from one hormone rush to another - this is why women themselves don't know what they want. grin
Hmmmm.. interesting! smiley
Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by slimyem: 12:42am On Nov 09, 2014
My days are like every other day.
I do not exhibit any unusual attitude nor does it affect my relations with people or situations. Maybe my hormones just agree with me. cool

3 Likes

Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by coogar: 12:43am On Nov 09, 2014
slimyem:
I do not exhibit any unusual attitude nor does it affect my relations with people or situations. Maybe my hormones just agree with me. cool

slimyem, you are a man in a woman's clothing. grin
Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by slimyem: 12:46am On Nov 09, 2014
coogar:

slimyem, you are a man in a woman's clothing. grin
Yep !
I know grin
Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by RoyalRoy(m): 4:57am On Nov 09, 2014
Funny but true.

Had a girl who tend to act ever so strangely during her period.
Wants to eat odd things, and do odd things.

A patient and observant man should know how to deal with issues around this time.
Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by zeb04(f): 6:27am On Nov 09, 2014
Everything gets really irritating coz of the pain.
The pain is on another level.one minute your tummy is paining the next seconds, ur butt is on fire.

You get really horn.y although I heard African men don't mind giving mouth action even at that.( good job)
Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by amtheone(m): 7:04am On Nov 09, 2014
slimyem:

It's because you're slim.
Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by crackhaus: 7:14am On Nov 09, 2014
zeb04:

You get really horn.y although I heard African men don't mind giving mouth action even at that.( good job)
You wake up at 6am on a Sunday morning to type this nonsense?
You hormones must be affecting you grin

BTW are you Vietnamese?
This one you have to hear what African men do and not experience it yourself…

1 Like

Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by zeb04(f): 7:15am On Nov 09, 2014
crackhaus:

You wake up at 6am on a Sunday morning to type this nonsense?
You hormones must be affecting you grin

BTW are you Vietnamese?
This one you have to hear what African men do and not experience it yourself…
undecided mind your business

3 Likes

Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by freecocoa(f): 8:34am On Nov 09, 2014
Mine makes me h*rny, bweast go just big, fresh come soft and I kinda glow during my flow, then there's the stomach and lower back ache, I have mood swings but don't get aggressive, I just stay on my own a lot more during the visitation.

I take some pain relievers few days to the arrival and very hot lipton or brandy(depending on which is handy) to enable easy flow and try to eat right to replenish the 'virtue' that must have left me.
Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by RoyalRoy(m): 9:10am On Nov 09, 2014
freecocoa:
Mine makes me h*rny, bweast go just big, fresh come soft and I kinda glow during my flow, then there's the stomach and lower back ache, I have mood swings but don't get aggressive, I just stay on my own a lot more during the visitation.

I take some pain relievers few days to the arrival and very hot lipton or brandy(depending on which is handy) to enable easy flow and try to eat right to replenish the 'virtue' that must have left me.

Ermmm.... Can I ask you a question?

So how do u "kill the fire" with all the pain, cramps and mood swings... Coupled with most men not ready to dive into the red sea at that time.

What then happens?

****** I don't know much of this cos I schooled in Afghanistan pls!!! embarassed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by freecocoa(f): 9:20am On Nov 09, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Ermmm.... Can I ask you a question?

So how do u "kill the fire" with all the pain, cramps and mood swings... Coupled with most men not ready to dive into the red sea at that time.

What then happens?

****** I don't know much of this cos I schooled in Afghanistan pls!!! embarassed
Lol cheesy, you too don join them, ok o.

Nothing happens na, you just get through it, I get through being h*rny when I'm not on, let alone....,so it's no biggie

It's all in the mind you know, do you kill the fire by 'doing' whenever you feel it?
Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by RoyalRoy(m): 10:06am On Nov 09, 2014
freecocoa:
Lol cheesy, you too don join them, ok o.

Nothing happens na, you just get through it, I get through being h*rny when I'm not on, let alone....,so it's no biggie

It's all in the mind you know, do you kill the fire by 'doing' whenever you feel it?

Hmmm.... Well said!!!

****Have to ask for a refund of my school fee here in Afghanistan embarassed

1 Like

Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 09, 2014
@Topic

Don't even get me started embarassed
Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by freecocoa(f): 10:22am On Nov 09, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Hmmm.... Well said!!!

****Have to ask for a refund of my school fee here in Afghanistan embarassed
Lol, abeg make sure they won't behead you for it before doing so o.cheesy
Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by RoyalRoy(m): 10:57am On Nov 09, 2014
freecocoa:
Lol, abeg make sure they won't behead you for it before doing so o.cheesy
grin
Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by Lolarez: 11:15am On Nov 09, 2014
slimyem:

Hmmmmm adonbilivit! Are u really sure,abi u be man? Anyway,good for u....for me, it's usually terrible! My hormones do wonders during those days. My breasts as usual, get bigger and feel heavier. My face gets rough, I avoid taking cold drinks( which I love taking by d way), I take d necessary drugs like 2 days before the 'D' day, hot lipton tea and hot water bag become my buddies...then comes the pain even after all the precautions(though it soft pedals sometimes), with the back and waist pains that accompany it. Omo! No just near me that time oo and no just ask me plenty questions...I use the sign language a lot during that period...the list goes on and on...these hormones shaa! well, God knows why He made us so.

1 Like

Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by PrettyClare7(f): 11:45am On Nov 09, 2014
i exercise two days to D day morning and evening so that i dnt get any cramps @ all when it comes. Then as for mood,i just feel down,and i hardly laugh or jump around. For the most part,i just gaze @ my surrounding. Unable to get upset or even laugh. Nothing excites me and i say very little. Not because of pain cos i hardly get cramps. Mayb the hormones make me feel dat way.
Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by beau49: 11:50am On Nov 09, 2014
If it can come without the pains I would be most grateful but for where......mtchewww

Mood swings,loss of appetite,only drink and bath with hot water,would be dull the first few days. Lord help you if you get on my bad side or do something to annoy me,no be person go tell you.

I sometimes try to sleep through the pain but it wakes me up at intervals embarassed

Prefer to be left alone and do house chores at my own pace**deep sigh**

Rarely get Hot,even when I do the thought of sex increases the pain,so I don't even think it. The thought of menopause seems so appealing but something tells me to be careful what I wish for.....

So annoying...... angry

1 Like

Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by corisande: 12:03pm On Nov 09, 2014
Horneyness lipsrsealed
swollen tender sore niplees and buubs
mood swings
I tend to chop a lot too. always hungry
Thats all

Ehn, Those contractions I get down below
kai! Heavenly!cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by RoyalRoy(m): 12:10pm On Nov 09, 2014
OUCH !!!

Sorry Ladies!!!

Promise not to annoy you at those critical moments anymore

cry cry cry cry

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

kiss kiss kiss kiss

2 Likes

Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by SAMBARRY: 12:12pm On Nov 09, 2014
Hiaannn I am so aggressive, irritable and moody during those periods. If you don't want to be victim of emotional outbursts just stay out of my way during such periods.

I don't even eat during those periods. I loose my appetite for food and other things. Don't want to listen to anybody, don't want to be disturbed or bothered. I also hate hearing shewa see this, shewa can you help me do this, even if you greet me sef I won't answer. Perhaps maybe if I would it will be with a hiss or eyeing you.

Basically I am not the best of persons during those periods. Wuras nany sef dey always hear am from me . Good enough she understands
Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by SAMBARRY: 12:13pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ewwwww grin grin
corisande:
Horneyness lipsrsealed
swollen tender sore niplees and buubs
mood swings
I tend to chop a lot too. always hungry
Thats all

Ehn, Those contractions I get down below
kai! Heavenly!cheesy cheesy
Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by corisande: 12:17pm On Nov 09, 2014
RoyalRoy:

OUCH !!!!

Sorry Ladies!!!

Promise not to annoy you at those critical moments anymore

cry cry cry cry

embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

kiss kiss kiss kiss

Awwww
nice
kiss
Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by corisande: 12:19pm On Nov 09, 2014
SAMBARRY:
Hiaannn I am so aggressive, irritable and moody during those periods. If you don't want to be victim of emotional outbursts just stay out of my way during such periods.

I don't even eat during those periods. I loose my appetite for food and other things. Don't want to listen to anybody, don't want to be disturbed or bothered. I also hate hearing shewa see this, shewa can you help me do this, even if you greet me sef I won't answer. Perhaps maybe if I would it will be with a hiss or eyeing you.

Basically I am not the best of persons during those periods. Wuras nany sef dey always hear am from me . Good enough she understands

chai!
E no easy
but don't you think its extreme? hissing and eyeing. lol
Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by kilokeys(m): 12:37pm On Nov 09, 2014
how i can help?

how about making all u girls pregnant.. u would be free for d next 8 months...

we could do dis every year if u want.

1 Like

Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by CoCoLav(f): 12:46pm On Nov 09, 2014
I do not have menstrual cramps at all. There are specific things I take that give me cramps so I know when to avoid them. The only sign of menstruation for me is the big bre.ast and sore nip.ples. No mood swings or irritation. My period comes and goes with no drama.
Re: How Do Your Hormones Affect You During Menstruation? by SAMBARRY: 12:46pm On Nov 09, 2014
corisande:

chai!
E no easy
but don't you think its extreme? hissing and eyeing. lol
its not me perse.its the mood taking the better part of me grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

First Rain Of The Season / Thank You NL / Message From A White Man: Don't Marry An American Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.