Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,295 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

He Wants To Venture Into Transportation Business, Please Advise - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / He Wants To Venture Into Transportation Business, Please Advise (802 Views)

He Wants To Venture Into Transportation Business, Please Advise / Meet G.U Okeke: GUO Transportation Business CEO & His Civil War Story / How To Start A Transportation Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

He Wants To Venture Into Transportation Business, Please Advise by Spiritfun: 10:45pm On Mar 08, 2020
I need advice from experienced people to help a friend of mine make a good decision. I'll highlight the situation as follows.

1. He works in a company where he earns 50k monthly as basic salary. But on the average, his monthly earning (salary plus side hustling) is 70k

2. He works from 8am to 6pm daily. Doesn't work on weekends.

3. He's considering considering buying a car with 600k for taxi business in port harcourt. He intends to drive the car by himself as scheduled below:

4. He plans to hustle with the car from 5:30am to 7:30am in the morning before going to work and 6pm to 10pm after work on weeks days. Then, hustle as much as possible on Saturdays and Sundays.

5. What's the possibility that he will save 3K minimum daily with the above schedule after deducting money for fuel and other logistics?

6. If this business is viable, what is the best car he should buy for 600k that will be suitable for taxi driving in Port Harcourt?

7. At the moment, he does not know how to drive but plans to learn driving with the car for one month before using for commercial purposes.

Urgent advice is kindly needed.

Mods please consider this post front page worthy. At least, let's show Buhari that not all youths are lazy, lol
Re: He Wants To Venture Into Transportation Business, Please Advise by kunleweb: 10:47pm On Mar 08, 2020
Wht you discussed with someone who has your best interest at heart is what you're bringing to people whom you know nothing about assuming they'll give you good counsel. Smh Vigorously. I bet my biro on it, you'll get all sort of counsels here that says tou should back out. Whereas your friend has an exveptional business plan. Stop consulting up and down. Let's learn to trust our pwn discernment

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Venture Into Transportation Business, Please Advise by Spiritfun: 10:55pm On Mar 08, 2020
kunleweb:
Wht you discussed with someone who has your best interest at heart is what you're bringing to people whom you know nothing about assuming they'll give you good counsel. Smh Vigorously. I bet my biro on it, you'll get all sort of counsels here that says tou should back out. Whereas your friend has an exveptional business plan. Stop consulting up and down. Let's learn to trust our pwn discernment

Thanks for your comment but I'm already prepared for any negative feedback from anyone. All I'll do is to filter responses and match them with realities
Re: He Wants To Venture Into Transportation Business, Please Advise by Nobody: 11:00pm On Mar 08, 2020
Spiritfun:

Thanks for your comment but I'm already prepared for any negative feedback from anyone. All I'll do is to filter responses and match them with realities
first consider the stress, I would have said you should give it out so they can give you daily returns but it's a decision you will regret later.
Get Nissan almera, just get any good and sound Nissan in that price range if you believe you can shuttle BTW work and driving
Re: He Wants To Venture Into Transportation Business, Please Advise by Heartbender: 11:05pm On Mar 08, 2020
I live in Port Harcourt. I could help him get a Nigeria used Pencil Light Toyota or Nissan brand for that amount. If he wants to make enough money, he should run Slaughter-Odili Road-Amadi or Slaughter-Abuloma from 7pm-11pm. He'll make more than his target
Spiritfun:
I need advice from experienced people to help a friend of mine make a good decision. I'll highlight the situation as follows.

1. He works in a company where he earns 50k monthly as basic salary. But on the average, his monthly earning (salary plus side hustling) is 70k

2. He works from 8am to 6pm daily. Doesn't work on weekends.

3. He's considering considering buying a car with 600k for taxi business in port harcourt. He intends to drive the car by himself as scheduled below:

4. He plans to hustle with the car from 5:30am to 7:30am in the morning before going to work and 6pm to 10pm after work on weeks days. Then, hustle as much as possible on Saturdays and Sundays.

5. What's the possibility that he will save 3K minimum daily with the above schedule after deducting money for fuel and other logistics?

6. If this business is viable, what is the best car he should buy for 600k that will be suitable for taxi driving in Port Harcourt?

7. At the moment, he does not know how to drive but plans to learn driving with the car for one month before using for commercial purposes.

Urgent advice is kindly needed.

Mods please consider this post front page worthy. At least, let's show Buhari that not all youths are lazy, lol
Re: He Wants To Venture Into Transportation Business, Please Advise by Spiritfun: 11:13pm On Mar 08, 2020
southniyikaye:
first consider the stress, I would have said you should give it out so they can give you daily returns but it's a decision you will regret later.
Get Nissan almera, just get any good and sound Nissan in that price range if you believe you can shuttle BTW work and driving

His work does not require much physical energy. In fact, he sleeps 40 percent of the time at the office cos his official duties don't come often. Besides, he stays awake till 12am or beyond daily doing nothing. That's one of the reasons he wants to maximize his time effectively

1 Like

Re: He Wants To Venture Into Transportation Business, Please Advise by Spiritfun: 11:16pm On Mar 08, 2020
Heartbender:
I live in Port Harcourt. I could help him get a Nigeria used Pencil Light Toyota or Nissan brand for that amount. If he wants to make enough money, he should run Slaughter-Odili Road-Amadi or Slaughter-Abuloma from 7pm-11pm. He'll make more than his target

Thanks for your response. His intended routes are rumuokoro to mile 3 in the morning and rumuokoro to igwuruta in the evening.
Re: He Wants To Venture Into Transportation Business, Please Advise by Heartbender: 11:21pm On Mar 08, 2020
I don't have much grasp about those areas but he'll make more than 3k. The only thing he needs is to understand the terrain. If he needs car I'll fix him right. God be with him and his hustle
Spiritfun:

Thanks for your response. His intended routes are rumuokoro to mile 3 in the morning and rumuokoro to igwuruta in the evening.
Re: He Wants To Venture Into Transportation Business, Please Advise by Spiritfun: 11:23pm On Mar 08, 2020
Heartbender:
I don't have much grasp about those areas but he'll make more than 3k. The only thing he needs is to understand the terrain. If he needs car I'll fix him right. God be with him and his hustle

After fuel and logistics @bolded?
Re: He Wants To Venture Into Transportation Business, Please Advise by Heartbender: 11:34pm On Mar 08, 2020
Yes. Toyota Pencil Light has fuel economy. He'll make more than 5k a day even
Spiritfun:

After fuel and logistics @bolded?

(1) (Reply)

Any Idea On How To Get Business Loan??? Help Needed / WHOLESALERS ARE NEEDED URGENTLY!!!! / Are Banks In Your Area Operating

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.