Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:20 AM

He Wants To Venture Into Transportation Business, Please Advise - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / He Wants To Venture Into Transportation Business, Please Advise (626 Views)

He Wants To Venture Into Transportation Business, Please Advise / Meet G.U Okeke: GUO Transportation Business CEO & His Civil War Story / How To Start A Transportation Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

He Wants To Venture Into Transportation Business, Please Advise by Spiritfun: 10:25am On Mar 09, 2020
I need advice from experienced people to help a friend of mine make a good decision. I'll highlight the situation as follows.

1. He works in a company where he earns 50k monthly as basic salary. But on the average, his monthly earning (salary plus side hustling) is 70k

2. He works from 8am to 6pm daily. Doesn't work on weekends.

3. He's considering considering buying a car with 600k for taxi business in port harcourt. He intends to drive the car by himself as scheduled below:

4. He plans to hustle with the car from 5:30am to 7:30am in the morning before going to work and 6pm to 10pm after work on weeks days. Then, hustle as much as possible on Saturdays and Sundays.

5. What's the possibility that he will save 3K minimum daily with the above schedule after deducting money for fuel and other logistics?

6. If this business is viable, what is the best car he should buy for 600k that will be suitable for taxi driving in Port Harcourt?

7. At the moment, he does not know how to drive but plans to learn driving with the car for one month before using for commercial purposes.

Urgent advice is kindly needed.

Mods please consider this post front page worthy. At least, let's show Buhari that not all youths are lazy, lol
Re: He Wants To Venture Into Transportation Business, Please Advise by IdeamanMarketin: 6:23pm On Mar 09, 2020
Hello there,
I'll like to say its a good plan foremost.
If he still intends to keep his job and run a taxi business alongside, he should ensure he can actually manage his time. creating time for rest while trying to juggle between jobs is very essential considering the current traffic situation in Port Harcourt.

The bolt business is lucrative at the moment, I currently drive a few times a week, just like a few of my colleagues and the return is impressive. So that's an encouragement for his taxi business.

The only challenge here is what reliable car can he afford within 600k budget. Usually I suggest a very rugged car (for the bad roads) with low fuel consumption and low maintenance cost, like the Toyota Camry 2004-07 or Toyota Corolla 2004- upwards.

(1) (Reply)

How To Make Millions Selling Ebooks / Make Money Cool Money Now / How Do I Take Down A Fake Waste Disposal Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.