Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Court Sentenced 23-year- Old Man For Stealing Fried Meat At Hotel In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Court Sentenced 23-year- Old Man For Stealing Fried Meat At Hotel In Lagos (506 Views)

Man Sentenced For Stealing Fried Meat At Aso Rock Hotel, Lagos / A US Court Sentenced A Nigerian To Six And A Half Years In Prison For Fraud / Man Steals Meat At Ijagbara Market In Lagos Today, Blames The Devil (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Sentenced 23-year- Old Man For Stealing Fried Meat At Hotel In Lagos by Playboy3030(m): 7:12am On Mar 09, 2020
A 23-year old man, Olamilekan Folaweowo, has been
arrested and charged to Court for stealing fried meat
in a popular hotel, Aso Rock Hotel, Ikotun area of
Lagos.
The suspect, Folaweowo, was employed as the staff of
the hotel located at Abaranje Road, Ikotun area of
Lagos.
He was alleged to have gone to a deep freezer in the
hotel’s kitchen area, picked some pieces of already
fried and ate saying he wanted to taste if they were
fried properly or not.
While doing so, the owner of the hotel saw him and
asked why he was eating the meat meant for
customers. He replied that he only tasted to
ascertain if they were fried properly.
He was apprehended and immediately handed over to
the Police at Ikotun Division for stealing the meat
meant for the hotel customers.
It was gathered that the management gave the
estimate of the meat that got missing in the hotel
since it was opened several years ago and told the
Police that he ate fried meat worth N5,000 belonging
to the hotel.
It was gathered that both the Police and the family of
the suspect pleaded with the owner of the hotel for
forgiveness but he refused insisting that the law must
take its course to serve as deterrent to other workers
in the hotel.
Thereafter, he was charged before the Ejigbo
Magistrates Court for stealing and he pleaded guilty
while explaining what happened to the Court.
The prosecutor, Supol Kenneth Asibor, then asked the
Court to sentence accordingly since he did not waste
the time of the Court by pleading guilty to the charge.
Consequently, the Presiding Magistrate, Mr. T.O.
Shomade, found him guilty as charged and sentenced
him to community service by sweeping the Court
premises.
The decision to arrest and jail Folaweowo has put fear
in the other workers, who believe similar fate awaits
them any time they indulge in such.

Re: Court Sentenced 23-year- Old Man For Stealing Fried Meat At Hotel In Lagos by Abdul05: 7:20am On Mar 09, 2020
Re: Court Sentenced 23-year- Old Man For Stealing Fried Meat At Hotel In Lagos by majamajic(m): 7:28am On Mar 09, 2020
That man is so mean, I like his catfish
Re: Court Sentenced 23-year- Old Man For Stealing Fried Meat At Hotel In Lagos by Susu888(m): 7:28am On Mar 09, 2020
Wierd... i could swear i read a story identical to this write up ine evrything with exception to the incident happening in a *Hotel not Hostel* undecided
Re: Court Sentenced 23-year- Old Man For Stealing Fried Meat At Hotel In Lagos by Playboy3030(m): 7:34am On Mar 09, 2020
Susu888:
Wierd... i could swear i read a story identical to this write up ine evrything with exception to the incident happening in a *Hotel not Hostel* undecided
Noted.
Re: Court Sentenced 23-year- Old Man For Stealing Fried Meat At Hotel In Lagos by Playboy3030(m): 7:35am On Mar 09, 2020
majamajic:
That man is so mean, I like his catfish

grin

(1) (Reply)

How can someone recovery money from scammer with just bank detail / Confusion Over Alleged Killing Of Man By Lagos Hoodlums / Port Harcourt Lockdown: The Inhuman Treatment Of a Pharmacist by Nigerian Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.