Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,371 members, 7,829,953 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

Confusion Over Alleged Killing Of Man By Lagos Hoodlums - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Confusion Over Alleged Killing Of Man By Lagos Hoodlums (508 Views)

Youths Attacked Our Station - Rivers State Police On Alleged Killing Of Citizen / Lagos-Abeokuta Express Blocked Over Alleged Killing Of A Citizen By SARS / Lagos Hoodlums Clash Over Girlfriend, Vandalise 150 Vehicles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confusion Over Alleged Killing Of Man By Lagos Hoodlums by iambenureri(m): 6:32am On Apr 20, 2020
The father of one Junaid Adewale, identified simply as Mr Owenco, allegedly lost his life when suspected members of the One Million Boys terrorised residents of Ijesha in the Surulere area of Lagos State on Saturday.

However, the alleged killing is shrouded in confusion as the state police command denied knowledge of the incident.

PUNCH Metro gathered that the suspected gang members created tension in the area around 7 pm and allegedly used weapons to attack the residents they encountered on their way.

Owenco, who was said to be elderly, was reported to be on his way to a destination, when the crisis suddenly started, but while he was attempting to escape with other residents, he was said to have stumbled and fell to the ground in the process.

While trying to get back on his feet, it was learnt that the rampaging hoodlums caught up with Owenco and allegedly dealt several machete blows on him and left him for dead.

Afterwards, some good Samaritans reportedly rushed Owenco to a nearby hospital for treatment, but he, however, died on Sunday due to the extent of the injuries he sustained during the attack.

In a Facebook post that chronicled the circumstances surrounding Owenco ’s death, Adewale ’s friend, Samuel Salami, explained that the One Million Boys were responsible for the death, adding that the victim ’s remains had been buried.

Salami wrote on his Facebook page, “ While the nation is bereaved of President ’s Chief of Staff Abba Kyari, my bosom friend Adewale Junaid lost his Dad in the hands of the notorious 1 Million Boys at Ijesha, Surulere, Lagos.

“ The nefarious gang was on rampage on the street at about 7 pm yesterday evening, machete anyone on their way, my friend Dad stumbled and fell to the ground due to old age and before he could stand up, he was caught and machete all over his body.

“ He was rushed to the Funto Hospital along Ijesha Road but unfortunately gave up the ghost early this morning due to the multiple machetes cuts all over his body and head.

When contacted, the state Police Public Relations Officer, Bala Elkana, said there was a clash between hoodlums from three areas, but insisted that no death was recorded and confirmed that nine suspects had been arrested.

Elkana stated, “ We have Ijesha, Aguda and Itire boys, who had been clashing among themselves. They took advantage of the rumour about the One Million Boys and youths coming out in the name of protecting their areas to attack themselves again, because they share boundaries. When they clashed, we quickly responded and arrested nine suspects.

“ We don ’t have the report of anybody killed and I can ’ t speak on what I cannot substantiate. I cannot respond to an online post, because I speak for an organisation and if there is a death recorded and we are aware of it, I will speak on it.

“ Yes, there was a clash and we brought it under control and made some arrests; the suspects all confessed to the crime .”

Source:
https://punchng.com/confusion-over-alleged-killing-of-man-by-lagos-hoodlums/
Re: Confusion Over Alleged Killing Of Man By Lagos Hoodlums by Nukilia: 7:46am On Apr 20, 2020
This is the best time to wipe out all these boys before we have another boko haram on our hands undecided

1 Like

Re: Confusion Over Alleged Killing Of Man By Lagos Hoodlums by AudioNews(m): 8:53am On Apr 20, 2020
Ewedu nd Amala at it again
Na der hand work

I no mention name ooo
Re: Confusion Over Alleged Killing Of Man By Lagos Hoodlums by Crenzywilliams(m): 10:19am On Apr 20, 2020
AudioNews:
Ewedu nd Amala at it again
Na der hand work

I no mention name ooo
Tribal bigot sighted.
Re: Confusion Over Alleged Killing Of Man By Lagos Hoodlums by DabuIIIT: 10:23am On Apr 20, 2020
Wow

(1) (Reply)

27 Illegal Miners Nabbed In Osun State,17 Chinese, 9 Locals &1 Traditional Chief / Ondo State Government Uncovers 10 Years Old N4.3b Secret Account / Black Man Getting Arrested For Not Having Bell On His Bicycle

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.