Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,689 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Seyi Makinde: Army Saved Me From Death Twice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Seyi Makinde: Army Saved Me From Death Twice (30355 Views)

Nigerian Army Saved Thousands Of Kidnapped Victims (video) / Ataoja of Osogbo: Adeleke’s Emergence Saved Me From Palace Eviction – Oba Jimoh / Red Cross' Iron Doors Saved Abba Kyari From Death During Kuje Prison Attack (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Seyi Makinde: Army Saved Me From Death Twice by dre11(m): 8:14am On Mar 09, 2020
Wale Oyewale, Ibadan

Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State said the Nigerian Army had saved him from imminent death on two occasions.

Makinde spoke at a reception organised in his honour by the General Officer Commanding, 2 Division, Nigerian Army, Major General Anthony Omozoje, at the Tiger’s Den, Adekunle Fajuyi Cantonment, Odogbo, Ibadan, Oyo State.

He said, “To some people, it may be something new but to me, it is not. I had been saved twice from imminent death by the officers of this Division. The first experience was in 2007 when I was contesting to go to the Senate. On the day of election, my house was invaded by mobile policemen but I was rescued by the officers and was taken to the Mokola Barracks where I stayed throughout the election.

“I did not even vote on the day of election but I was happy that I came back unhurt due to the efforts of the officers of this 2 Division. Also, in 2015 when I was contesting to be the governor of this state, I was going to campaign in front of the family house of my opponent. Violence erupted but the officers of this division took charge and I was rescued unhurt.

“If I fast-track that to Operation Burst, I am glad to say that anytime we have them going out for an operation, we sleep peacefully because we know they will do the necessary things.”

The governor also lauded the Army for being organised and disciplined in their duties, noting that the attributes were similar to what obtains in engineering.

He stated that his administration would continue to provide social amenities for the well-being of all and sundry in the state, adding that he had approved the renovation of the school in the barracks.

“The last time I was at the WASA event, I spoke about two major things; the dilapidated school in the barracks and the Light-Up Oyo State Project. Because you have been selfless in taking the wellbeing of the people of the state as top priority, I have given the approval for the renovation of the school,” he said.

Earlier, Omozoje thanked the governor for his continuous support for the division.

https://punchng.com/army-saved-me-from-death-twice-says-makinde/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde: Army Saved Me From Death Twice by ChaoHendrix: 9:02am On Mar 09, 2020
They can protect and rescue politicians but can't defeat ordinary boko haram.
Is this their job or that of the DSS ?
shocked

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde: Army Saved Me From Death Twice by hisexcellency34: 9:03am On Mar 09, 2020
Makinde....perfect example of youth In governance. Yahaya Bello is a failed example

96 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde: Army Saved Me From Death Twice by NigeriaBam: 9:03am On Mar 09, 2020
grin Active Governor

8 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: Army Saved Me From Death Twice by jidxin(m): 9:04am On Mar 09, 2020
Summary the mobile police now an object of violence and cohesion.. Nawa ooo

11 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: Army Saved Me From Death Twice by deolurexy1(m): 9:04am On Mar 09, 2020
Next president of the federal republic of Nigeria.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seyi Makinde: Army Saved Me From Death Twice by operAhdam: 9:05am On Mar 09, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde: Army Saved Me From Death Twice by warriking(m): 9:05am On Mar 09, 2020
Army will always be Army anytime any day

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde: Army Saved Me From Death Twice by TRADELYN: 9:05am On Mar 09, 2020
No country can do without Army and police.
HIRE THE BEST EXPERTS FOR YOUR RESEARCH PROJECTS, BUSINESS PLANS, etc @ https://www.nairaland.com/tradelyn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde: Army Saved Me From Death Twice by Sultty(m): 9:05am On Mar 09, 2020
Model governor Nigeria president in d making. Don't quote me quote Ur clueless zombie

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: Army Saved Me From Death Twice by Le2money(m): 9:07am On Mar 09, 2020
God bless you....even though I av not been to ur state since u were elected but wot ppl speaks about u gladdens my heart.....

3 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: Army Saved Me From Death Twice by michoim(m): 9:07am On Mar 09, 2020
After, some people will say Nigeria army are not working...
Re: Seyi Makinde: Army Saved Me From Death Twice by Abbelexy: 9:08am On Mar 09, 2020
Shine on best Governor so far

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde: Army Saved Me From Death Twice by KIDfurniture(m): 9:09am On Mar 09, 2020
I think my makinde get some strong connection with the nigerian army. I don forget the story. He has always been with then since the days of fg contracts . I pray I marry one of them someday..

2 Likes

Re: Seyi Makinde: Army Saved Me From Death Twice by Roon9(m): 9:10am On Mar 09, 2020
Hmm
Re: Seyi Makinde: Army Saved Me From Death Twice by OnpointDesign(m): 9:10am On Mar 09, 2020
Awa ever galant army.

Ah salute. cool
Re: Seyi Makinde: Army Saved Me From Death Twice by hipsyleema(f): 9:13am On Mar 09, 2020
Really? Tell us something.. See as this man fine..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde: Army Saved Me From Death Twice by CXLVII: 9:14am On Mar 09, 2020
deolurexy1:
Next president of the federal republic of Nigeria.

Stop watching cartoons

You have started believing fictions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde: Army Saved Me From Death Twice by Nobody: 9:15am On Mar 09, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Makinde....perfect example of youth In governance. Yahaya Bello is a failed example

Quite true

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Seyi Makinde: Army Saved Me From Death Twice by Seventy7kings: 9:15am On Mar 09, 2020
shocked
Re: Seyi Makinde: Army Saved Me From Death Twice by lyriclekidd(m): 9:16am On Mar 09, 2020
Audio governor
Re: Seyi Makinde: Army Saved Me From Death Twice by Perfecttouchade: 9:19am On Mar 09, 2020
Great

1 Like

Re: Seyi Makinde: Army Saved Me From Death Twice by wonuks(m): 9:20am On Mar 09, 2020
Thank God for you. There are still good ones among them. I like the army for their discipline

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Doguwa Attacks Murtala Garo At Kano APC Meeting / Boko Haram Abducts 400+ Women In Borno State / Abia: Alex Otti Commissions Emelogu, Shallom And Cemetery Roads In Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.