Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:40 PM

The Nigeria Police Force Must Take Responsibility - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Nigeria Police Force Must Take Responsibility (194 Views)

Nigeria Police Force Made Arabic Compulsory In Recruitment Exams / Nigeria Police Academy (NPA) Past Questions And Answers For Free / Nigerian Air Force Officer Killed In Ghastly Car Accident. Graphic Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Nigeria Police Force Must Take Responsibility by Lifted2000: 11:14am On Mar 09, 2020
Praying in my closet last night as regards the alarming rate of insecurity, it dawned on me that while I had faith for an improved security situation I needed to put work into action which prompted me to pen this message.

The internal security, protection of lives & property is a fundamental human right for all citizens and not just the “so called VIPs”. These celebrities, politicians, entertainers etc ought to secure the services of private security firms.

It’s quite unreasonable for a country fighting insecurity on multiple fronts to fall short of personnel because the Nigerian Police force (NPF) attaches two or more of its personnel to politicians instead of citizens.

Mohammed Abubakar Adamu, the Inspector General of Police should withdraw security details from all Nigerians that are not constitutionally deserving of one. This is to ensure that we have more hands at solving the national security dilemma.

Let's do the math. If the national assembly alone has 400 members and all of the lawmakers have at least one policeman, that means the country has lost 400 policemen to VIP lawmakers.

Come to the state and local government level. If each state lawmaker and commissioner have one policeman attached to them then we are talking thousands of policemen working for VIPs.

The point is this, private security outfits were set up for this purpose, why are we still using policemen?

How will we create jobs when the policeman who is supposed to protect the country internally is lobbying for private security jobs?

Nigeria does not need to hire new policemen, Nigeria needs to deploy the policemen we have to good use.

Then, the welfare of the police should be made public. We need to know if the government is paying what they claim, or is it the policemen and women deceiving citizens.

Put simply, there's need for transparency and accountability, not to mention the reorientation of our police force.

Re: The Nigeria Police Force Must Take Responsibility by vrkfj33180: 11:15am On Mar 09, 2020
Hmmm
Re: The Nigeria Police Force Must Take Responsibility by Nobody: 11:31am On Mar 09, 2020
HELLO, FOOTBALL LOVERS AND ESTEEMED STAKERS.

Today's FIX£D odd is here again: auccurate, reliable and readily available

➡️moderate (4 - 8 ) odd
➡️payment after win
➡️high stakes only

�️

DON'T JUST WATCH FOOTBALL, MAKE MONEY WATCHING.

☎️�☎️�☎️�☎️�

CONTACT ON WHATSAPP OR CALL
*0 9 0 4 6 2 8 6 5 8 5*

(1) (Reply)

Let Me Show You How To Make 3k To 5k Daily On LPV / Every Thing About This Country Nigeria Is Wrong.... Dr Mrs Okachi Cecilia.. / Coronavirus: Police Takes Over Enugu Isolation Centre As Patient Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.