Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,217 members, 7,822,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus (15482 Views)

Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi / Peter Obi: Video Of Catholic Bishops Condemning Father Mbaka Emerges (WATCH) / Nigerian Catholic Bishops Meet With Pope Francis At The Vatican. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by solecare: 6:42pm On Mar 09, 2020
Amen
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by MansoryMX(m): 6:46pm On Mar 09, 2020
FrLukas:
These people are disgracing me ooo chai!

Na so we pray the prayer against bribery and corruption in Nigeria sotay, even bribery and corruption cum dey repeat the prayer after us.

Please, help me tell my lord bishops that actions and not prayers solve problems.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by bonnyhope: 6:46pm On Mar 09, 2020
chatinent:
Meaningless.

This one too d claim atheist

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by Brunicekid(m): 6:48pm On Mar 09, 2020
Fredlongs:
Na by prayer?
Yes... Where human capability fails, PRAYER TO GOD can take over, and do great and mighty things.
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by bonnyhope: 6:48pm On Mar 09, 2020
handsomeclouds:
Their counterparts are in laboratories

They are not trained to be in the lab

Reason b4 u talk

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by bonnyhope: 6:51pm On Mar 09, 2020
SoNature:
As a Catholic, this is something I don't really fancy about the Church

Why would they be composing prayers for us as if we cannot do it ourselves?

Then stick to yours

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by Franking: 6:53pm On Mar 09, 2020
I wonder why people still listen to these jokers.
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by Jacobpio: 7:16pm On Mar 09, 2020
handsomeclouds:
Their counterparts are in laboratories
...producing Corona Virus
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by switspin(f): 7:17pm On Mar 09, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 09, 2020
Why didn't they come up with prayer against Ebola when Ebola was ravaging, supremacy things

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 09, 2020
Toscarel:

so full of negativity, always remembered God is not to be mocked

there goes your negative spirit leaving you
Gullible person. grin

why did all them uselss pastors not predict corona virus? but they can predict elections.

So far i ve not heard any pastor come up with the cure.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 09, 2020
where are all those crooked pastors raising the dead?, claiming they can perfom miracle or can heal sick people thieving crooks! they have all gone quiet.

where is Adeboye, Joshua, oyakilome and the other crooked pastors like them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by toprealman: 7:35pm On Mar 09, 2020
Knew it must be in Africa. Even Pope is taking proactive measures......POPE oooo

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by Cuntface: 7:37pm On Mar 09, 2020
plaetton:

They are indeed fools.
At the end of the day, is it the science or the prayers that would save lives ?
Only a fool would pray against a deadly virus infection.
How many rounds of prayer does it take make a headache go away, or to neutralize a malaria parasite?
Show that prayer cures headache first, and then we can take it from there .

Repeating the same act over and over again while expecting a different outcome each time is either gambling or insanity.

so what have you contributed towards its eradication?
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by plaetton: 7:50pm On Mar 09, 2020
Cuntface:

so what have you contributed towards its eradication?
Easy.
Advising everyone I know or care about to avoid travel to high risk areas, avoid large crowds as much as is possible, wash hands as often as possible. That's the most that we lay persons can offer at this time, until medical science comes out with medical solution.

Prayers are futile against pandemics. God is impotent against deadly viruses.

2 Likes

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by Sirmuel1(m): 7:54pm On Mar 09, 2020
sirabu:

Fake holy water meets real Covid 19

Abeg no kill me with laugh cheesy
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by Mpanyi: 8:04pm On Mar 09, 2020
timesup234:
Go sleep. All men die. No big deal. Even your Jesus died like a fowl

Strong man!!!! Remember this, mark this:there are no atheists in a foxhole. Your belief and strength will likely desert you one day and you would begin to doubt if were really you. At that time you come face to with reality. And unfortunately, reality is no wishful thinking or a random belief.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by Cuntface: 8:10pm On Mar 09, 2020
plaetton:

Easy.
Advising everyone I know or care about to avoid travel to high risk areas, avoid large crowds as much as is possible, wash hands as often as possible. That's the most that we lay persons can offer at this time, until medical science comes out with medical solution.

Prayers are futile against pandemics. God is impotent against deadly viruses.

that's your belief right? did anybody call you a fool because you think god is impotent? now if you're smart enough you'll understand everyone has the right to practice what works for them and do what they believe in.
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by NightFood: 8:13pm On Mar 09, 2020
Most religious continent yet most corrupt

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by NightFood: 8:14pm On Mar 09, 2020
Most religious continent yet most corrupt
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by Toscarel: 8:25pm On Mar 09, 2020
gypsey:
Gullible person. grin

why did all them uselss pastors not predict corona virus? but they can predict elections.

So far i ve not heard any pastor come up with the cure.

you are the gullible one here son, they aren't pastor rather they priests praying, you mustn't use any little chance you get to display your dumb atheist ideas son.
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by Centcanada: 8:31pm On Mar 09, 2020
[May God forgive you for saying that.quote author=chatinent post=87299942]Meaningless.[/quote]
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by Centcanada: 8:32pm On Mar 09, 2020
chatinent:
Meaningless.
I repeat may God forgive you for saying that
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by plaetton: 8:46pm On Mar 09, 2020
Cuntface:

that's your belief right? did anybody call you a fool because you think god is impotent? now if you're smart enough you'll understand everyone has the right to practice what works for them and do what they believe in.
My dear, of course everyone has the right to practice their beliefs.
But, and hear me clearly, if as an influential person, your belief, the expression of your beliefs , your statements or acts threaten public health and safety, and confuses and endangers public attitudes about a very critical health matter, then it becomes my responsibility , everyone's responsibility to call you out and push back strongly against erroneous notions.
And, the notion that prayers can mitigate the spread of a contagious disease is a VERY WRONG and dangerous notion.

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by bluefilm: 8:50pm On Mar 09, 2020
Bunch of jokers.

Nonsense. angry

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by Warldbest(m): 9:09pm On Mar 09, 2020
chatinent:
Meaningless.
Fool
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by Taiwojon(m): 9:30pm On Mar 09, 2020
chatinent:
Meaningless.
MEANINGFULL
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 09, 2020
Toscarel:

you are the gullible one here son, they aren't pastor rather they priests praying, you mustn't use any little chance you get to display your dumb atheist ideas son.
what different does it make? they are all in the business of selling false hopes and miracles. grin

They are still praying to an unexistence so called God.
Re: Coronavirus: Catholic Bishops Compose Special Prayer Against Deadly Virus by Rashawn1: 10:51pm On Mar 09, 2020
[s]
FrLukas:
These people are disgracing me ooo chai!

Na so we pray the prayer against bribery and corruption in Nigeria sotay, even bribery and corruption cum dey repeat the prayer after us.

Please, help me tell my lord bishops that actions and not prayers solve problems.
[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pope Francis Issues Dire Warning To Humanity ( Pics) / This Pictures Will Show You Some Of The Best Way To Identify A Witch Around You / Praying For A Spouse? Let That Lover Go.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.