Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,021 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

My First Business Died – But It Helped Make My Next Company A Success - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My First Business Died – But It Helped Make My Next Company A Success (803 Views)

Is Qnet Company A Scam ? Please Help Me / She Absconded After I Helped Her Get A Loan / What Lead To The Collapse Of Your First Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My First Business Died – But It Helped Make My Next Company A Success by CDMD: 5:35pm On Mar 09, 2020
When government policies and decisions killed my buzzy New York startup, I learned to build a better (and more sustainable) operation.

This story appears in the March 2020 issue of Entrepreneur. Subscribe »

In 2016, New York City made an announcement that locals had been dreading: Starting in 2019, the L train subway tunnel — a major connection between Manhattan and Brooklyn — would shut down for 18 months of repairs. It would be so disruptive that people actually moved to different neighborhoods in order to be closer to a functioning subway line come 2019.

Then, just four months before the shutdown was going to begin, New York’s governor sprung a surprise. He announced that the L train wouldn’t shut down after all. (The repairs would happen on nights and weekends.) Some people were elated. Others were annoyed. And me? I was shocked…because I’d spent the better part of the past year building a business designed to serve people impacted by this closure.

Suddenly, all my work was destroyed. Or so I thought. I eventually came to learn an important lesson in entrepreneurship: Even when plan A fails, it can set you up for a better plan B.

Back in 2016, I was one of the 200,000 commuters whose routes to work would be disrupted by the subway closure. I wanted to stay in my beloved neighborhood, and I eventually decided to ... read more>>>https://www.successdigestonline.com/my-first-business-died-but-it-helped-make-my-next-company-a-success/

Re: My First Business Died – But It Helped Make My Next Company A Success by Nobody: 6:05pm On Mar 09, 2020
He think say we go click link

Re: My First Business Died – But It Helped Make My Next Company A Success by MICHEAL346(m): 6:20pm On Mar 09, 2020
Thanks very informative I read the full n more

(1) (Reply)

Spare 2 mins of your time to know about my startup, its the next big thing / Ijebu-ode Residents Scooping Palm Oil From A Leaking Tanker / What UBA And Others Could Have Done With Their #15 Billion Donation To FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.