Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,028 members, 7,956,813 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:49 PM

Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court (57138 Views)

Kano Elders Ask Court To Hasten The Exit Of The South-East From Nigeria - SR / Oyo: Yoruba Elders Condemn Burning Of Sarkin Fulani’s Residence / Dangote, Emir Sanusi, Kano Elders Meet Over Inconclusive Kano Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by Enwhen(m): 10:11am On Mar 10, 2020
yarimo:
emirs should make sure they are neutral in elections matters, apart from Sanusi. I knew an emir in another state if PDP emerges winner in the 2019 gubernatorial election it is not possible for him to escape dethroment. even the emir himself is aware of this facts.

Don't blame the Royals ...blame the politicians , if only u know the pressure that is mounted by the politicians on the Royals to endorsed them... Look at what happened in Kogi State , what about Rivers and Wike...the case of Sokoto, the Emir was neutral, and the Cabals and president take him to be for the PDP, what do u want them to do ??... The politicians should stop going to the palace during elections...Even INEC is complaining about our politician and u want to blame our royals ??...
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by dalass(f): 10:51am On Mar 10, 2020
Enwhen:

Sis. , If u have not live in the north , you wouldn't give a damn... what Emir Sanusi has been saying is the big fact , the gap btw the rich and the poor is very very very large... Emir Sanusi has been speaking the real truth , just wait for a southern president to take over and see the war that they have been piling because they don't want to go against their own..many are out of school, many are begging on the street, many are frustrated are now drug addicts including married women, many are dieing and are been burried secretely to cover for their own...Sis. Sanusi has spoken the truth and I am heart broken for his treatment...Nigeria will never be good mostly because of the north.

You are absolutely correct my brother.,...

What I see is that because Sanusi is an economist. His training and former posts as bank chief and CBN head will not allow him to keep quiet.

But what exactly has he done in his private capacity to help his own people

I believe with his connection, he could have raised billions in Foundations to fund some thousands of those kids. His billionaire friends bought him Rolls Royce!

He told them the truth.. Yes truth is bitter.. But when you're still under people who can destroy you, wisdom is important... At least he has said his own

The south will definitely have to break up with them some day!..

The oil they are grabbing has slumped in price... So, we'll see what happens...
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by rhames(m): 11:47am On Mar 10, 2020
Mjpem23:

You mean SULTAN OF SOKOTO?

yes thats who he meant. like Emir Sanusi, he tells the Northern elites the truth at every given fora and opportunity.
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by Toyinjones: 11:50am On Mar 10, 2020
Enwhen:

So painful

Medicine after death
If these people had been supporting the emir when he was criticizing the govt,he wouldn't have been treated this way.
Medicine after death indeed
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by ikem85: 11:50am On Mar 10, 2020
Meanwhile see shocking moment Emir sanusi was chased out of his palace

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsWSfxxobkA
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by yarimo(m): 12:06pm On Mar 10, 2020
zone51:

So will they beat you or why can't you say the emir here? grin wink grin
the emir himself is a member of nairaland , infact I saw his comments. grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by orisa37: 12:46pm On Mar 10, 2020
Yes. To the Court we go. Only the Kingmakers' Council can dethrone SLS NOT GANDUJE. GANDUJE is too emotional on this ISSUE.
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by Sunsets: 1:12pm On Mar 10, 2020
Which royals? In fact, monarchy should die, die die die !!!!!!!!!!!!
Enwhen:

Lolssss..I am bothered about govt having powers against our Royals.... I am afriad of the future, because our politicians are power drunk... With that a royal father cannot remain neutral, politicians will not believe...u must always support incumbent...
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by pinkstonmarti79: 2:14pm On Mar 10, 2020
It is well
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by Nobody: 2:27pm On Mar 10, 2020
These northern leaders with their stupid attitude... But they said during Goodluck election that if he was elected again that war will begin and they are saying now that war and riot don't solve problem....... spits
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by franchasng: 2:57pm On Mar 10, 2020
sassysure:

I was in cbn parking lot the day one of his numerous copper girlfriends slapped a director cos the director asked why she parked on his space.
If I start talking about this man.

I will even choose Buhari and el rufai I hate so much to the man. That there are so many killings in the north today is thanks to him
they think all of us are daft.

Before I talk or write about an issue like this, I have an insider information. Sanusi is not a saint even though his persecutors are also not saints, he is as bad and evil as those persecuting him today.
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by olaniyilukman(m): 3:44pm On Mar 10, 2020
Enwhen:

Lolssss..I am bothered about govt having powers against our Royals.... I am afriad of the future, because our politicians are power drunk... With that a royal father cannot remain neutral, politicians will not believe...u must always support incumbent...
I don't feel any sympathy for these Kings at all, they have turn themselves to pupper in front of this political office holder
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by PropertyBuying(f): 4:22pm On Mar 10, 2020
ednut1:
he who pays the piper dictates the tune. High time monarchy is scrapped a huge joke
That's an old adage and it's still very much valid in today's world!
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by nextstep(m): 4:30pm On Mar 10, 2020
GerogeI:

It is unconstutional because the traditional ruler being in Governance itself is unconstitutional. You cannot have a throne under a democratic government. The State Governor has no authority appointing or dethroning an Emir,

Once you see the Emir as head of a cultural association, then you can argue in court that only members of this cultural association can appoint or depose him legally, not the Governor. But the problem is establishing who and who are members of the Kano Emirate Cultural Association. You can do this by collecting signatures of people who have the cultural affiliation. By trying to Appoint a Monarch, the Governor is giving away his constitutional powers which is unconstitutional.

Sanusi can defeat the Governor this way in court, under freedom of association rights, but after the battle, it will leave the Emir as a weak association president.

Thank you for the clear explanation. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I'd always assumed governors would be careful to tread on the Emirs and other traditional rulers since it might anger the people.
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by stormborn28(m): 6:16pm On Mar 10, 2020
yarimo:
emirs should make sure they are neutral in elections matters, apart from Sanusi. I knew an emir in another state if PDP emerges winner in the 2019 gubernatorial election it is not possible for him to escape dethroment. even the emir himself is aware of this facts.

Dexpro: 3:40am
Ata of Igala?
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by ogbonti: 6:26pm On Mar 10, 2020
Enwhen:

that was how wike was calling one rivers amanayambo small boy usman dan fodio the other day mocking him

the traditional rulers should respect themselves and stay outta politics too
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by Enwhen(m): 7:39pm On Mar 10, 2020
ogbonti:

that was how wike was calling one rivers amanayambo small boy usman dan fodio the other day mocking him

the traditional rulers should respect themselves and stay outta politics too

Is the fault of the politicians ...don't blame our traditional rulers....once the traditional rulers do not come out to show support for politicians mostly because they want to be apolitical, the politicians believe they are against them...and try to dethrone them... It's very bad...even INEC is fed up with Nigerian polithieveacians...leaving the supreme court as the INEC
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by Dexpro: 9:05pm On Mar 10, 2020
stormborn28:

Dexpro: 3:40am
Ata of Igala?

grin cheesy grin
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by trutht828: 11:51pm On Mar 10, 2020
agarawu23:
Good decision

I weep for the future of Nigeria. Some ediots are jubilating because he was against gej. the man raised a red flag of money that's meant for all of us and how gej sat and watch money being stolen by his elite. Is that why you guys hate him? Sanusi is a no nonsense man..... hate him or like him. He would have been ass licking ganduje's ass for him to remain in the seat if he doesn't have integrity.

He will grow higher cos he is an intelligent man with good records.

#teamSanusi shocked

Mr Agarawu, do you know that SLS hasn't proved his allegations against Jonathan?

He wanted something modest for his people, but he ascended the throne via an immodest and immoral process.

He should have known that he was living in a glass house and shouldn't have thrown stones.

He should have known that he who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

He shouldn't have attempted to bite the fingers that fed him.
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by neutral2000: 10:47pm On Mar 11, 2020
Hmmmmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo’s Flaunting Of Weapons Highlights Inequality Before Nigeria’s Law / Photo of a goat tied to a tree roasted alive during weekend's Boko haram attack / US Delegation Arrives Nigeria For Tinubu's Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.