Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,658 members, 7,809,490 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:29 AM

Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court (56852 Views)

Lamido Sanusi's Dethronement As Emir And Exile (Video) / Shehu Sani Reacts To Emir Sanusi’s Dethronement / Emir Sanusi Dethronement: Security Operatives Storm Kano Emir’s Palace (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by Abubaushe(m): 7:21am On Mar 10, 2020
ebukajay184:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailynigerian.com/kano-elders-kick-against-illegal-dethronement-of-emir-sanusi-vow-to-take-legal-action/amp/
Look who is talking...pdp elders forum and we wait for Apc elders forum ko?
You betrayed and truncated nigeria democracy in 1993 after you lost the presidential election to Abiola even in your Kano ward as NRC candidate and was in Aso rock to perfect the annulment with Babangida.
Bashir Tofa just remain quiet....
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 10, 2020
ejimatic:
. insubordination. refusal to attend meeting non compliance to emirate laws..... The qustions are are these legal reasons for his removal? What is the business of the government with the meeting of kings in the north? When did all these begin?Before or after unlawful break of the north caliphate into four emirs? which emirate laws did he break?He will get justice at the Federal high court appeal court and SC .If a king criticises your government deposition is not the alternative.Go to the south west and see how their governors manage their kings even if they belong to different parties and have differences.
Don't mind them, that was just a mere allegation which doesn't hold water. His sin stemmed from his campaign for a girl child education, his advocacy for conversion of some empty mosques to schools and allow the almajiris to school there, his quest for the removal of almajiris from the streets of kano and put them in school. All these angered the leaderships at the length and breadth of the Islamic northern states. They know he's liberating their political tools...the almajiris and once this is done, nobody would be saying rankadede to them anymore, their women would not be allowed to be married off at the age of 10 anymore. They want to remain primitive.

I read recently where ganduje said male and female must not sit on a bike together anymore. You come to lagos or the south. It's a norm here. We enter bike and commot without looking back at who the co-paseengers are. Wetin dey people's minds wey dey pursue dem pas woman or man mata. Several men and women are here who are single because they're struggling to settle down. Every passenger goes their separate ways. The worst that could happen is the girl saying she wants to sit at the back while you sit at the front of the bike...that's for those who have time and think dirty in their minds.

Despite all the modesty, kano still remains the most promiscuous city in Nigeria. Only in kanu would you see 2 boys packing like 5 girls in side same hotel room.
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by Nobody: 7:30am On Mar 10, 2020
anonimi:

Are you okay?
I mean, are you alright?
Gun for presidency because he achieved what in his lifetime till now? what has he done for the people except blablabla tell lies upon lies and prevent justice?

If the yardstick is by what you have done for the people...can you pls remind me of what GEJ did for the people and what was his lifetime achievement before he became president?

So many Kiddies here with their kindergarten logic
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by saheedbadmus(m): 7:30am On Mar 10, 2020
lonelydora:
[/b]

Your location

Lagos state but also available to go anywhere withing Nigeria
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by lonelydora: 7:30am On Mar 10, 2020
saheedbadmus:

Lagos state but also available to go anywhere withing Nigeria

Okay.
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by Sewgon79(m): 7:32am On Mar 10, 2020
Witcher:
I think Ganduje did him a favour, that museum never suits him in the first place now he av become more popular let him gun for the presidency

Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by piyoo91: 7:36am On Mar 10, 2020
Dexpro:
Ata of Igala? cool
forever and ever yahaya bello or any other kogi governor can't try that shit...o boi, u knw what it means to attah of igala so? U want death?
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by agarawu23(m): 7:36am On Mar 10, 2020
Tundenoni:

Please permit me to share this your comment on FB.
go ahead

1 Like

Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by jaxxy(m): 7:42am On Mar 10, 2020
anonimi:

Are you okay?
I mean, are you alright?
Gun for presidency because he achieved what in his lifetime till now? what has he done for the people except blablabla tell lies upon lies and prevent justice?

The FRCN’s report on Sanusi

The decision to suspend the Central Bank of Nigeria Governor, Sanusi Lamido was based on a report of the Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria dated June 7, 2013.

The report was made after a review of Sanusi’s response to the query issued to him by the President over the apex bank’s financial statement of 2012. His response was dated May 20, 2013.

According to a copy of the report obtained by our correspondent on Thursday, the council indicates that the explanation provided by the suspended CBN governor is “a clear display of incompetence, nonchalance, fraud, wastefulness, and abuse of due process and deliberate efforts to misrepresent facts on the part of the leadership of the CBN.”

The council advised the President to exercise the powers conferred on him by Section 11(2)(f) of the CBN Act 2007 or invoke Section 11(2)(c) of the said Act “and cause the governor and the deputy governors to cease from holding office in the CBN.”

The report read: The particulars of the infractions against Sanusi are:

Persistent refusal and/or negligence to comply with the Public Procurement Act in the procurement practices of the Central Bank of Nigeria.

(A) By virtue of Section 15 (1)(a) of the Public Procurement Act, the provisions of the Act are expected to comply to ‘all procurement of goods, works and services carried out by the Federal Government of Nigeria and all procurement entities.’ This definition clearly includes the Central Bank of Nigeria.

(B) It is however regrettable that the Central Bank of Nigeria, under his leadership, has refused and/or neglected to comply with the provisions of the Public Procurement Act (PPA). You will recall that one of the primary reasons for the enactment of the PPA was the need to promote transparency, competitiveness, cost of effectiveness and professionalism in the public sector procurement system.

More from: http://www.punchng.com/news/the-frcns-report-on-sanusi/

Sanusi is a difficult man no doubt, I cud say very stubborn, this can be seen from how he dismantled the soludo banking system ideology and crush it recklessly leaving many casualties bt was he corrupt that is yet to be discovered or perhaps concluded. One thing is sure such a man is not fit to rule this nation.

Jonathan’s problems were bigger than Sanusi, Osinbajo or even Apc... Jonathan’s problem was Nigeria and Nigerians he failed, diezani becoming more of Godlike than a common minister abusing her powers to the max, his wife making enemies like she was the ruler of the nine realms, sheer arrogance. This is not what true and democratic governance and leadership is about and this was Jonathan’s biggest problem. No Apc, sowore or whoever cos many unlike people came together to remove one man on the path of destroying a nation as presumed in hindsight now.

They were only pawns reacting to a bigger hand at play. Smtmes I wonder what wud have happened if Jonathan continued.
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by ejimatic: 8:08am On Mar 10, 2020
fairfora:
Don't mind them, that was just a mere allegation which doesn't hold water. His sin stemmed from his campaign for a girl child education, his advocacy for conversion of some empty mosques to schools and allow the almajiris to school there, his quest for the removal of almajiris from the streets of kano and put them in school. All these angered the leaderships at the length and breadth of the Islamic northern states. They know he's liberating their political tools...the almajiris and once this is done, nobody would be saying rankadede to them anymore, their women would not be allowed to be married off at the age of 10 anymore. They want to remain primitive.

I read recently where ganduje said male and female must not sit on a bike together anymore. You come to lagos or the south. It's a norm here. We enter bike and commot without looking back at who the co-paseengers are. Wetin dey people's minds wey dey pursue dem pas woman or man mata. Seberal Ken and women are here who are single because they're struggling to settle down. Every passenger goes their separate ways. The worst that could happen is the girl saying she wants to sit at the back while you sit at the front of the bike...that's for those who have time and think dirty in their minds.

Despite all the modesty, kano still remains the most promiscuous city in Nigeria. Only in kanu would you see 2 boys packing like 5 girls in side same hotel room.
. Your insightful comment is appreciated
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by ejimatic: 8:08am On Mar 10, 2020
zoedew:

It is just that some SW Obas are smart enough to accept that discretion is the better part of valour. Olubadan would have been dethroned by Ajimobi but for that. Do you know that Sijuwade and Ado Bayero were almost dethroned by Buhari military government or so when they travelled outside Nigeria without permission from government? They deployed tact to keep their thrones. No matter the brilliance and good intent ascribed to SLS he was fatally afflicted with tactlessness!
absolutely correctl

1 Like

Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by ehissi(m): 8:10am On Mar 10, 2020
yarimo:
emirs should make sure they are neutral in elections matters, apart from Sanusi. I knew an emir in another state if PDP emerges winner in the 2019 gubernatorial election it is not possible for him to escape dethroment. even the emir himself is aware of this facts.

Lagos state ba?

Guy forget PDP. Me like this, I wan dethrone am as I dey like this, he is too politically toxic for my person liking and I am not even a governor........ angry
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by Baamm(m): 8:13am On Mar 10, 2020
Hypocrites... they all kept quiet while the debacle was going on. Allah Ya Isa
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by MiddleDimension: 8:22am On Mar 10, 2020
destinie2019:

The same CBN governor who unilaterally released 100 million naira to Kano during Jonathan's tenure, the same man who was severally accused of financial recklessness both at the CBN and the emirate. Just tell us you believe he is entitled to chop . And Jonathan is not.

the same one who sanitized the banking sector thereby keeping the money of you petty traders safe?
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by Greystone: 8:27am On Mar 10, 2020
starbuck:
Once a king, always a king

His adversaries think this is his end.

The future is even brighter for this Legend.

1 Like

Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by Nobody: 8:43am On Mar 10, 2020
franchasng:
shutup sire!!!

Sanusi is as corrupt as Ganduje and Buhari!

Sanusi stole a lot of CBN money!

Sanusi donated lots of Nigeria's common wealth to terrorists and terrorists organizations in his diehard Islamic supporting attitude.

Sanusi employed and promoted his girlfriends in CBN as CBN governor.

Sanusi's love for luxury life pushed him to tamper with CBN funds and even Kano Emirate fund he was using to buy Rolls Royce and marry new wives, aside numerous concubines home and abroad.

Yes I agree Sanusi may have said some truth about the evil happening in the north, but evil people shall be used to reward evil people, so don't be fooled to believe when one evil man or corrupt man exposes the corruption of another corrupt man, it means the former is not evil or corrupt.

You don't use civilians to fight armed militants, you use government armed militants known as national army or soldiers to fight militants.

The same way, evil people are used to fight evil people!

Sanusi = Ganduje = Buhari = Kwankwaso = El Rufai

They are all bad men fighting for their survival, none of them is a saint.

That Sanusi raised false alarm that $22billion was stolen from Nigeria's crude oil account when the total earned income then was not even up to that showed Sanusi is an evil man!

Do you know what $22billion is and he alleged that Goodluck looted it, who does that

How possible is that in one single loot

How much is Nigeria's budget that year for someone to loot such amount.

That is the tactics Haboki politicians have been using to deceive you junkies from the south, accuse the previous government of being corrupt or looting money publicly, shout it very loud for all to hear and promise Nigerians that you will fight corruption and then watch foolish Nigerians crown you Mr Integrity and corruption fighter while you and your croonies stash billions in your agbada and bullion vans.

Sanusi is not a saint, stop making him look like one! He always feel he is above the law!! He hardly respect his superiors, that has been his attitude right from CBN if you don't know.

At a point he stopped respecting President Goodluck Jonathan even though he knew the President could sack him! He took same I am above the law attitude to Kano Emirate and now $ thief Ganduje have taught him a hard lesson.

I won't be surprised if gullible Nigerians like you gather as usual to make him your next Presidiot like you made Buhari, but bookmark this page, if he ever becomes your Presidiot like Buhari, he will also be impeached!!!

I was in cbn parking lot the day one of his numerous copper girlfriends slapped a director cos the director asked why she parked on his space.
If I start talking about this man.

I will even choose Buhari and el rufai I hate so much to the man. That there are so many killings in the north today is thanks to him

1 Like

Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by Olakunleyakub(m): 8:46am On Mar 10, 2020
Anyway it might be a blessing in disguise at least he became more popular and gained alot of national sympathy
Witcher:
I think Ganduje did him a favour, that museum never suits him in the first place now he av become more popular let him gun for the presidency
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by Nobody: 8:48am On Mar 10, 2020
But he was not neutral. If Queen Elizabeth ll had critized the government on Brexit or even give an opinion on thesame matter, she probably would suffer thesame fate. He talks to much and that’s his problem.

Enwhen:

Lolssss..I am bothered about govt having powers against our Royals.... I am afriad of the future, because our politicians are power drunk... With that a royal father cannot remain neutral, politicians will not believe...u must always support incumbent...
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by 9japride(m): 8:50am On Mar 10, 2020
Deceit, I believe they are one of the most happiest groups in the state. Elders that want their almajiri system to remain the same. Just imagine Gaduje as a president, Buhari's own will be child play. Give an educated and vindictive person power and watch how cruel they will become. Same with one leader like that in Kaduna state, he will also do worst.

1 Like

Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by anonimi: 8:51am On Mar 10, 2020
Witcher:
the federal accounts belongs to us. Just because we let u people live in Nigeria doesn't mean we don't own you.. we sold ur forefathers to the white and left some of u.. just for sake of history

Do you have southerners as friends and are they aware of this your putrid thoughts

1 Like

Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by gambia(m): 8:52am On Mar 10, 2020
Even the sultan is lucky PDP maneuvered its way in 2019 Governorship election in Sokoto, he would have been dethroned as well.

1 Like

Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by Burruchaga71(m): 8:55am On Mar 10, 2020
Enwhen:

Lolssss..I am bothered about govt having powers against our Royals.... I am afriad of the future, because our politicians are power drunk... With that a royal father cannot remain neutral, politicians will not believe...u must always support incumbent...
Am wondering what would happen if state police were to take place
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by Cyberterror: 9:00am On Mar 10, 2020
Greystone:

His adversaries think this is his end.

The future is even brighter for this Legend.
Only if PDP gets back power in 2023 which is very unlikely. People thought Rabiu Kwankwaso had prospects too until Ganduje extinguished him.
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by YungJo207(m): 9:02am On Mar 10, 2020
When they go remove iya Charlie like this? ( Queen Elizabeth of England )
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by omoharry(f): 9:06am On Mar 10, 2020
Is this to save face or what? una early well well!!
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by Born2Breed(f): 9:16am On Mar 10, 2020
yeyeosoronga:

Stop spreading falsehood.

FFK can never be a reliable source of any information.

There are big holes in all the statement FFK made

You know nothing so keep dwelling in your ignorance.
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by Enwhen(m): 9:19am On Mar 10, 2020
Burruchaga71:
Am wondering what would happen if state police were to take place

Seriously, we aren't matured for that at all
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by Enwhen(m): 9:23am On Mar 10, 2020
tundeloveday:
But he was not neutral. If Queen Elizabeth ll had critized the government on Brexit or even give an opinion on thesame matter, she probably would suffer thesame fate. He talks to much and that’s his problem.

Bro , if u have not gone to the north , don't just dare say he talks too much...there is serious problem in all sectors in the north presently , nobody is talking about it , because a northerner is in charge, they are piling it for a southern president.....let a southern president comes and see our these people will starts coming out to show their grievance...pls note this...
Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by KarlWhyte(m): 9:38am On Mar 10, 2020
agarawu23:
Good decision

I weep for the future of Nigeria. Some ediots are jubilating because he was against gej. the man raised a red flag of money that's meant for all of us and how gej sat and watch money being stolen by his elite. Is that why you guys hate him? Sanusi is a no nonsense man..... hate him or like him. He would have been ass licking ganduje's ass for him to remain in the seat if he doesn't have integrity.

He will grow higher cos he is an intelligent man with good records.

#teamSanusi shocked

Best comment so far, dont mind those children of hate!

1 Like

Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by Enwhen(m): 9:57am On Mar 10, 2020
Kaybex007:

I also had same feelings when I heard the news, this country is a jungle. I went ahead and asked a friend of mine who is in and from kano if this is the way the prime ministers dethrones the Queens of England any time they want, if the affairs of the Queen royal family has anything to do with the prime minister. The affair affairs of the royal family should be should be sorted out among the council /elders/chiefs. I wouldn't blame the politicians cuz these so called monarchs are the one who run after them and collect funds all in the name of supporting them for election. I am waiting for a thing of such to happen at least five times among we yoruba, maybe that is when the kings and Queens will sit down and agree to the fact that they are just ceremonial heads and stop eyeing Nigeria politics cuz of the Ghana must go bag of money which they all call envelope. You will see the elders council, bringing a drug traffickers/lords, lunatics as kings all because one powerful politician is in support forgetting the tradition and cultures of the land and when that one gets high on his drugs he begins to slap his fellow kings. The truth is things will never be good in this country neither will it be better until we do things they way they should be done.

Don't blame the Royals....have't u seen how the politicians been threatening them during election , look at what happened in Kogi State.. our politicians are becoming something else , a do die ...even the INEC is afriad of them let alone the Royals... Once the Royals speaks out they gone, go check what Gov Wike did to them...go to the north and see how people are begging and suffering , and when the Royals speaks , they go for his head, don't blame them.

1 Like

Re: Kano Elders Condemn Sanusi's Dethronement, Head To Court by Enwhen(m): 10:04am On Mar 10, 2020
dalass:

Painful? Is he your father. or Uncle?

They all know the game they are playing... Next you see them shaking hands, goofing around. I'm never moved by those political moves they make.

Besides Sanusi had it coming.

Sis. , If u have not live in the north , you wouldn't give a damn... what Emir Sanusi has been saying is the big fact , the gap btw the rich and the poor is very very very large... Emir Sanusi has been speaking the real truth , just wait for a southern president to take over and see the war that they have been piling because they don't want to go against their own..many are out of school, many are begging on the street, many are frustrated are now drug addicts including married women, many are dieing and are been burried secretely to cover for their own...Sis. Sanusi has spoken the truth and I am heart broken for his treatment...Nigeria will never be good mostly because of the north.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Saraki Laughs At IGP's "Transmission" Joke (video) / President Bush, Obasanjo, Soludo, Stella In A Throwback Picture / Adelabu Penkelemesi Is My Political Role Model — Obasanjo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.