Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 (59077 Views)

Liverpool Vs Crystal Palace (1 - 1) On 15th August 2022 / Tottenham Hotspur Vs Manchester City (1 - 0) On 15th August 2021 / Real Madrid Vs Atletico Madrid: UEFA Super Cup (2 - 4) On 15th August 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by TheGoodJoe(m): 11:55pm On Aug 15, 2020
However, both Ferdinand and Hart believe there was clear contact on Laporte, albeit unintentional, and the goal shouldn't have stood.

"I think it's a foul," Ferdinand told BT Sport.

"If I'm on that pitch, it's got to be. He's connected and he's the one who went on to score. City were dominating at that time.

"There is 100 per cent contact. I don't understand how they can't call that? People will be saying conspiracy theories now if you're a City fan.

"I believe that's a foul and it's the man who goes on to score the goal."

"It's not intentional, that's clear but there is a clash of legs," Hart added.

"Does it then go with the referee's decision because he's seen it?"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-var-ferdinand-hart-18776960.amp

Funny if anyone still thinks there is no gang up against Manchester City.

Corrupt folks.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by Ghostmode2two(m): 11:56pm On Aug 15, 2020
Despite the expensive team assembled by that Spanish Baba Apari, he could not go past Lyon. Even though records have it Man City has never beaten Lyon in the UCL
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by supercase1(m): 12:06am On Aug 16, 2020
ForeThinker:
City go win this match hands down !!
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by Ayobami7(m): 12:08am On Aug 16, 2020
na wa ooo
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by Slynation(m): 12:09am On Aug 16, 2020
Maxcollins042:
How did Sterling miss that sitter? E pass Yakubu Aiyegbeni own.
Definitely one of the greatest in football history.... That miss was Epic
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by boujeeassnigga(m): 12:09am On Aug 16, 2020
uncastableodd:
Wow in DJ khaled voice it is another one ..

#367,000 in the bag ..

And funniest thing na my school fee a take play this game ..If you can't risk it in life ,you will never make it in life ..

I hope the idiots credit me very early on Monday morning
U get huge balls oh... Thats if what u claim is true. Help me wit somtin abeg 2088702513UBA GOD BLESS.
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:11am On Aug 16, 2020
So quotes from City fans.

We were dog shit for 90% of the time , but ffs how did that 2nd goal stand .....because we won the appeal....we were never gonna be allowed to win.They were just waiting....just fecking waiting

If you think Uefa would have let us lift the trophy you are deluded. The foul on Laporte didn't need to go to Var it was that obvious, but the goal stood.
Best we went out now, as if we had reached the final we would be tearing our hair out at the injustices UEFA would have inflicted on us

Bayern, UEFA and Der Spiegel Couldn’t beat us in the courts but when they hold the cards and make up the rules they fecked us over.
BENT AS feck.

Shit performance but UEFA/referees/VAR give our opponents a goal or two headstart every year, before we look at the advantages they get around the ground.

We knew there'd be a VAR against us (its like buying money) but FFS our set up was shambolic.
Too much respect to the opposition from pep yet again. If we really want to win it and become a noise then feckin spend and don't give a feck what anybody thinks. feck UEFA and their bollocks rules. THE rags are debited to feck yet make headlines on our much spending power they have.

Sterling scores and I think UEFa fecks us somehow anyway...

Say what you want about how shit we were in that first half and how wasteful we were in the second half but we were the team looking more likely to score a second until that corrupt VAR call.

Let’s not forget we were cheated yet again for their 2nd.
We were well in control and we’re going for the winner,
We bossed that 2nd half until that shit VAR cnuts decision the dirty bastards!
I said a long time ago, we are good enough to win it but we won’t be let win it!

UEFA GOT WHAT THEY WANTED
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by Slynation(m): 12:11am On Aug 16, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
However, both Ferdinand and Hart believe there was clear contact on Laporte, albeit unintentional, and the goal shouldn't have stood.

"If I'm on that pitch, it's got to be. He's connected and he's the one who went on to score. City were dominating at that time.

"There is 100 per cent contact. I don't understand how they can't call that? People will be saying conspiracy theories now if you're a City fan.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-city-var-ferdinand-hart-18776960.amp

Corrupt folks.
Oga let us hear word.... At least City did not score any goal and VAR cancelled him

They should channel their blame instead to Sterling for missing what my grand mom would have scored comfortably

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by Stevecyes(m): 12:12am On Aug 16, 2020
Righteousness89:
Man city Fans Stay Calm..

We will Send a High Powered Delegation to UEFA..

There Must be a Second Leg...

Dembele Cannot Go Scot Free..

Bro I love u for still being hilarious and sarcastic upon being a born again christian....

It's the likes of u that I like alot.... not those over holiness people that act as if they are holier than God their father.

cheers bro

3 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by boujeeassnigga(m): 12:13am On Aug 16, 2020
Sleekfingers:
Another isi ewu and stouts loading for me tomorrow....i bet on lyon straight win....na so bayern gimme sara money yesterday
Bros u dey vex oh, abeg help ur boy with 1k na. 2088702513UBA. GOD BLESS U
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by kenzysmith: 12:14am On Aug 16, 2020
imagine you play liezig win and , bayern win both halves lyon win both halves play am 15k even bet9ja no go recover after they finish paying u

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:18am On Aug 16, 2020
Slynation:

Oga let us hear word.... At least City did not score any goal and VAR cancelled him

They should channel their blame instead to Sterling for missing what my grand mom would have scored comfortably

Sterling missing a clear goal does not give the right to the referee to allow an illegitimate goal. What kind of logic is that?
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by boujeeassnigga(m): 12:18am On Aug 16, 2020
foleskay:
Thank you lyon. I just won 270k. A whole 14 odds enter just like that. Today is my cash out day after 6yrs of betting. shocked shocked. Thamk you jesus
Baba u try oh, abeg help a bro wit 1k na, 2088702513UBA, MAY GOD BLESS U
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by vickydevoka(m): 12:29am On Aug 16, 2020
boujeeassnigga:
Baba u try oh, abeg help a bro wit 1k na, 2088702513UBA, MAY GOD BLESS U
Mumu na wash. Stop begging. He is lieing
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by Pickieox(m): 12:30am On Aug 16, 2020
All these clubs and American Wrestling continue fooling the gullibles...
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by Slynation(m): 12:34am On Aug 16, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Sterling missing a clear goal does not give the right to the referee to allow an illegitimate goal. What kind of logic is that?
Just maybe if City had converted most of their chances, the scoreline would have definitely be in their favour.... To think it was a team most people branded the "farmers" baffles me a lot...Now they crying VAR this, VAR that, they should all shut da phuck up....!! grin

I think the UEFA BODY needs to look into this and adopt this one legged tie on a neutral ground just to carry the underdog teams along, It has exposed the weaknesses of the so-called Top_dogs with the mentality of home/away fixtures.... Imagine RB_Leipzig and Lyon in a champions league Semi finals, who would have ever thought things would happen this way...."It is what it is"

4 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by ReeLoaDead(m): 12:40am On Aug 16, 2020
EbukaHades10:
L that I've forgotten that it ever happened??
Abeg
Yes you guys did lose to Atletico but did superbly in the League and then last season very well spanking Messi & co with that comeback ...
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by ReeLoaDead(m): 12:41am On Aug 16, 2020
TheGoodJoe:
Why do you think Lyon's second goal was illegitimate?
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by ReeLoaDead(m): 12:43am On Aug 16, 2020
Pickieox:
All these clubs and American Wrestling continue fooling the gullibles...
WWE is fixed. Soccer is not. Or which sport do you recommend instead?
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by dumininu01(m): 12:44am On Aug 16, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

Corrupt folks.
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by Pickieox(m): 12:52am On Aug 16, 2020
ReeLoaDead:
WWE is fixed. Soccer is not. Or which sport do you recommend instead?
Make your findings. Life is a journey bro...
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:53am On Aug 16, 2020
ReeLoaDead:
Why do you think Lyon's second goal was illegitimate?

The guy who stepped over the ball was in an offside position. That is interference. Secondly, Dembele fouled Laporte to gain advantage to score. That is a foul.

No way the goal should stand.

Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by ReeLoaDead(m): 12:55am On Aug 16, 2020
Pickieox:
Make your findings. Life is a journey bro...
You make the claim, the onus is on you. If you cannot do so then it is obvious you are just make unsubstantiated claims.
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by TheGoodJoe(m): 12:55am On Aug 16, 2020
Slynation:

Just maybe if City had converted most of their chances, the scoreline would have definitely be in their favour.... To think it was a team most people branded the "farmers" baffles me a lot...Now they crying VAR this, VAR that, they should all shut da phuck up....!! grin

I think the UEFA BODY needs to look into this and adopt this one legged tie on a neutral ground just to carry the underdog teams along, It has exposed the weaknesses of the so-called Top_dogs with the mentality of home/away fixtures.... Imagine RB_Leipzig and Lyon in a champions league Semi finals, who would have ever thought things would happen this way...."It is what it is"

I like the one leg format and neutral ground. However, it does not change the facts. This is not about Lyon but the corrupt reoccurrence against City.

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by Pickieox(m): 1:05am On Aug 16, 2020
ReeLoaDead:
You make the claim, the onus is on you. If you cannot do so then it is obvious you are just make unsubstantiated claims.
I'll give you a tip, then you fix the puzzle yourself. Why do you think FIFA and UEFA are at times embroiled in corruption saga. Who are the brains behind sport betting all over the world? Be a seeker brother, find the truth yourself...

2 Likes

Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by Omonigeriarere: 1:06am On Aug 16, 2020
[[s]quote author=ReeLoaDead post=92862108]Pep is the MOST overrated coach period![/quote][/s]
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by Audacious19(m): 1:07am On Aug 16, 2020
Wait and juve won this guys one leg tie? Wonderful. Those comparing Ronaldo should see something oh. Baba nah baller forget age oh

1 Like

Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by ReeLoaDead(m): 1:09am On Aug 16, 2020
Pickieox:

I'll give you a tip, then you fix the puzzle yourself. Why do you think FIFA and UEFA are at times embroiled in corruption saga. Who are the brains behind sport betting all over the world? Be a seeker brother, find the truth yourself...
The corruption issues has nothing to do with match fixing ... don't you have the intellectual curiosity to dig further and find out what those charges were for?
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by ReeLoaDead(m): 1:10am On Aug 16, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

The guy who stepped over the ball was in an offside position. That is interference. Secondly, Dembele fouled Laporte to gain advantage to score. That is a foul.

No way the goal should stand.

But bro - VAR cleared that goal, he did not touch the ball and the contact was incidental.
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by Pickieox(m): 1:11am On Aug 16, 2020
ReeLoaDead:
The corruption issues has nothing to do with match fixing ... don't you have the intellectual curiosity to dig further and find out what those charges were for?
You are right. Good night...
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by Slynation(m): 1:11am On Aug 16, 2020
TheGoodJoe:

I like the one leg format and neutral ground. However, it does not change the facts. This is not about Lyon but the corrupt reoccurrence against City.
Not only City.... Barcelona has been at the receiving end from bad decisions from VAR as well, But City was marauded, with all the investments, Lyon stand no chance in that game, So wailing to VAR for Lyon itches my ear.....

Owk let us assume the Match Ended 2-1 in favor of Lyon... They should take their L in peace
Re: Manchester City Vs Lyon : UCL ( 1 - 3) On 15th August 2020 by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:12am On Aug 16, 2020
ReeLoaDead:

But bro - VAR cleared that goal!

VAR also cleared Llorente using hand to score against Manchester City. That is the corruption we are kicking against. It was an illegitimate goal Dembele scored. The referee knew it, the officials in the VAR room knew it but decided to let it stand.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (Reply)

Manchester United Vs Chelsea (2 - 1) On 25th February 2018 / Juventus Vs Ajax Amsterdam: UCL Quarter Finals (1 - 2) On 16th April 2019 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United: F.A Cup (0 - 2) On 18th February 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.