Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,739 members, 7,831,360 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

OBJ Thinks Sanusi Deserves Worse Punishment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OBJ Thinks Sanusi Deserves Worse Punishment (1277 Views)

Yahaya Bello: ‘A Coward Thinks He Can Run, Hide’ — EFCC Makes Cryptic Post / Buhari: Anybody Who Thinks He Has Any Other Country Than Nigeria, Goodbye / Northern Muslims Still Under Colonisation – Emir Sanusi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

OBJ Thinks Sanusi Deserves Worse Punishment by uniquetechng: 9:08am On Mar 10, 2020
I read OBJ's open letter to Sanusi on his dethronement and thought baba was sad because Sanusi's dethronement was "undeserved" but at a second look I discovered baba actually wrote "Underserved" which means the punishment is not sufficient for his sins.

SLS must have stepped on many big toes, what's your take guys?
Re: OBJ Thinks Sanusi Deserves Worse Punishment by Freestyl(m): 9:39am On Mar 10, 2020
“Undeserved” is not the same as “underserved”.

You are the one confused here.

1 Like

Re: OBJ Thinks Sanusi Deserves Worse Punishment by TylerDurden: 9:46am On Mar 10, 2020
Obasanjo's letter to former Emir Sanusi was cryptic enough to elicit much debate.

Obasanjo condoled with Sanusi over what he described as '' sad because it was undeserved'' but will later state that ''it was good because you have paid the price''.

In ''paying the price'', did Obasanjo see Sanusi as a persecuted monarch whose only sin was that he spoke the truth on the malaise afflicting the Muslim north? Or was there more to it?

Sanusi's ascension to the throne in 2014 couldn't have come at a better timing to both him and the APC. This was only possible because the then reigning monarch, Ado Bayero had suddenly died.

Ado Bayero, can best be described as a centrist with a nationalistic approach. The man had always been one of the only few voices of moderation from the north. Obasanjo knew him personally and held Bayero as friend and a confidant. Obasanjo even owes his life to Ado Bayero for providing him safe haven in his palace during the counter-coup of 1966. Their friendship could not be understated.

The timing of Bayero's death as I earlier stated could not have been more appropriate for both Sanusi and the APC who weaponized the throne for political gain.

There have been rumors surrounding the real cause of Bayero's death that he did not die of natural causes but was actually murdered to facilitate his replacement with Sanusi.

Was Obasanjo referring to Ado Bayero's sudden and convenient death in his letter to Sanusi?

The Gideon riots in the mid-90's was ochestrated by Sanusi towards seeing the removal of Ado Bayero.

The then supreme head-of-state, Gen. Abacha had sent a stern warning to all traditional heads that any civil unrest, protests or disturbances within their domain will be blamed on them and from there they would be dethroned.

It is widely believed that Sanusi orchestrated this riot to see to Ado Bayero being dethroned by Abacha.

Abacha had recently deposed the then Sultan of Sokoto.

Can we rule out the rumors of Ado Bayero being murdered in light of Sanusi's past instigation?
Re: OBJ Thinks Sanusi Deserves Worse Punishment by uniquetechng: 9:54am On Mar 10, 2020
Freestyl:
“Undeserved” is not the same as “underserved”.

You are the one confused here.
lol you are not getting my point, I thought he write "undeserved" but at a second glance I discovered he actually wrote "underserved" not undeserved.

Undeserved would haven meant baba was felicitating with Sanusi for been unfairly treated, but OBJ is actually sad because SLS was "underserved" which means baba is not satisfied with the level of punishment meted to SLS as he believes Sanusi deserves a bigger punishment.

hope you can understand it clearly now.
Re: OBJ Thinks Sanusi Deserves Worse Punishment by uniquetechng: 9:56am On Mar 10, 2020
TylerDurden:
Obasanjo's letter to former Emir Sanusi was cryptic enough to elicit much debate.

Obasanjo condoled with Sanusi over what he described as '' sad because it was undeserved'' but will later state that ''it was good because you have paid the price''.

In ''paying the price'', did Obasanjo see Sanusi as a persecuted monarch whose only sin was that he spoke the truth on the malaise afflicting the Muslim north? Or was there more to it?

Sanusi's ascension to the throne in 2014 couldn't have come at a better timing to both him and the APC. This was only possible because the then reigning monarch, Ado Bayero had suddenly died.

Ado Bayero, can best be described as a centrist with a nationalistic approach. The man had always been one of the only few voices of moderation from the north. Obasanjo knew him personally and held Bayero as friend and a confidant. Obasanjo even owes his life to Ado Bayero for providing him safe haven in his palace during the counter-coup of 1966. Their friendship could not be understated.

The timing of Bayero's death as I earlier stated could not have been more appropriate for both Sanusi and the APC who weaponized the throne for political gain.

There have been rumors surrounding the real cause of Bayero's death that he did not die of natural causes but was actually murdered to facilitate his replacement with Sanusi.

Was Obasanjo referring to Ado Bayero's sudden and convenient death in his letter to Sanusi?

The Gideon riots in the mid-90's was ochestrated by Sanusi towards seeing the removal of Ado Bayero.

The then supreme head-of-state, Gen. Abacha had sent a stern warning to all traditional heads that any civil unrest, protests or disturbances within their domain will be blamed on them and from there they would be dethroned.

It is widely believed that Sanusi orchestrated this riot to see to Ado Bayero being dethroned by Abacha.

Abacha had recently deposed the then Sultan of Sokoto.

Can we rule out the rumors of Ado Bayero being murdered in light of Sanusi's past instigation?
Baba wrote "underserved" not "undeserved".
Re: OBJ Thinks Sanusi Deserves Worse Punishment by TylerDurden: 10:01am On Mar 10, 2020
uniquetechng:
Baba wrote "underserved" not "undeserved".

Underserved or undeserved in this context are no different

Underserved means to be inadequately furnished or served.

What Obasanjo meant that his removal did not follow the right path or rule of law.

Undeserved will imply that Obasanjo believes his removal was unjust.
Re: OBJ Thinks Sanusi Deserves Worse Punishment by uniquetechng: 10:23am On Mar 10, 2020
TylerDurden:

Underserved or undeserved in this context are no different

Underserved means to be inadequately furnished or served.

What Obasanjo meant that his removal did not follow the right path or rule of law.

Undeserved will imply that Obasanjo believes his removal was unjust.
Inadequately served means the punishment is inadequate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: OBJ Thinks Sanusi Deserves Worse Punishment by TylerDurden: 10:40am On Mar 10, 2020
uniquetechng:
Inadequately served means the punishment is inadequate.

That could be another angle.

After all, we all do agree that Obasanjo was being sly and cryptic.

But again considering that OBJ was very close to Ado Bayero and that the latter's death was highly suspicious given the timing, I will go with this your interpretation.
Re: OBJ Thinks Sanusi Deserves Worse Punishment by airex(m): 10:58am On Mar 10, 2020
uniquetechng:
I read OBJ's open letter to Sanusi on his dethronement and thought baba was sad because Sanusi's dethronement was "undeserved" but at a second look I discovered baba actually wrote "Underserved" which means the punishment is not sufficient for his sins.

SLS must have stepped on many big toes, what's your take guys?
Dont conclude. What if it was a typo error? Maybe he actually wanted to write 'undeserved'
Re: OBJ Thinks Sanusi Deserves Worse Punishment by orisa37: 11:15am On Mar 10, 2020
King Saul INVITED David to kill him at his lowest ebbs, but, "Touch not my Anointed", David remembered. "Woe unto him through whom the Son of Man shall suffer.". May be this is the Destiny of Sanusi but a worse Punishment awaits Ganduje at the Throne of Grace. Mind you, I am not Judging.
Re: OBJ Thinks Sanusi Deserves Worse Punishment by Nobody: 11:34am On Mar 10, 2020
This foolish baba again?
Re: OBJ Thinks Sanusi Deserves Worse Punishment by uniquetechng: 3:17pm On Mar 10, 2020
TylerDurden:

That could be another angle.

After all, we all do agree that Obasanjo was being sly and cryptic.

But again considering that OBJ was very close to Ado Bayero and that the latter's death was highly suspicious given the timing, I will go with this your interpretation.
exactly my point bro.

(1) (Reply)

239 New Cases Of #COVID19 128 Deaths 745 Discharged / NDDC: Court Stop Police, Others From Arresting Nunieh(pix,video) / You Have Failed The People Of Osun - Davido Calls Out Governor Oyetola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.