Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,800 members, 7,866,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:26 AM

New Battery Not Lasting Up To An Hour,is It Possible? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / New Battery Not Lasting Up To An Hour,is It Possible? (523 Views)

Help: Laptop Battery Not Charging / Laptop Battery Not Charging Up To 100% / Laptop Battery Not Charging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

New Battery Not Lasting Up To An Hour,is It Possible? by chux76(m): 11:38am On Dec 22, 2010
I recently bought a Supposedly brand new Dell Latitude D600 battery from a shop(name withheld) in Ikeja,on getting home,i let it charge to full bars,and when i decided to see how long it would last,surprisingly it did not last up to an hour(just normal application,i didn't use the DVD ROM while checking it. I charged it again and same thing happened. I called the shop the next working day(Monday,i bought the battery on a Saturday)day only to be told that new batteries last just one hour or thereabout,which made me laugh.
So i would like to know if it is possible for a Brand New Battery to last just one hour,when it is supposed to last at least 2hrs 30mins or even 3hrs.I was planning on taking severe action against them but i need suggestions on this issue before i do anything hash.
I want to know if the there is a possibility of the battery being bad,or could the laptop cause the batteries not to last long?
Pls your advise and suggestions needed urgently.

Chux
Re: New Battery Not Lasting Up To An Hour,is It Possible? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 22, 2010
these are Chinese made fake batteries. . . . . . .they look "new" but the inside is of an old refitted battery. cheaper than their ORIGINAL counterpart.
do you actually think that the guy in the shop is going to tell you that they are fake?! come on son!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Re: Do You Need Virtual Office / Goden Job Opportunity / New Starcomms I-zap Modem, Abuja, N8000 (negotiable)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.