Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,139 members, 7,814,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

How Is The Place For Exile Chosen For A Dethroned Monarch? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Is The Place For Exile Chosen For A Dethroned Monarch? (1479 Views)

Sanusi's Grandfather, Muhammadu Sanusi Was Dethroned By Ahmadu Bello / Sanusi Lamido: Suspended By President, Dethroned By Governor: Turbulent Journey / Sanusi Dethroned By Kano State Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Is The Place For Exile Chosen For A Dethroned Monarch? by Amotolongbo(f): 8:52pm On Mar 10, 2020
It is no longer a news that Sanusi Lamido Sanusi has been deposed and banished to exile, initially to Loko and now to Awe local government in Nasarawa State.

This isn’t the first time a monarch would be dethroned in Nigeria. In 1955, Oba Adeniran Adeyemi ii was dethroned by the Awolowo led Action Group And was sent to exile in Lagos, where he lived till his death.

In I963, the Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi, was dethroned and banished from the emirate into exile in Azare in Bauchi State where he was till he died.

King Jaja of Opobo was also dethroned by the colonial leaders and sent on exile to St Vincent in the West Indies.

The question now is, how are these places of exile chosen for the dethroned kings?
Re: How Is The Place For Exile Chosen For A Dethroned Monarch? by ursullalinda(f): 9:12pm On Mar 10, 2020
I'm here to learn
Re: How Is The Place For Exile Chosen For A Dethroned Monarch? by jyz200(m): 9:24pm On Mar 10, 2020
I no no oo
Re: How Is The Place For Exile Chosen For A Dethroned Monarch? by unbitchable(m): 9:32pm On Mar 10, 2020
mumu question
Re: How Is The Place For Exile Chosen For A Dethroned Monarch? by Amotolongbo(f): 9:37pm On Mar 10, 2020
unbitchable:
mumu question
Mumu answer.

It’s high time sanity certificate was requested and tendered on this forum to the administrator before one is being allowed to post any comment.

6 Likes

Re: How Is The Place For Exile Chosen For A Dethroned Monarch? by NobleAngell(f): 9:47pm On Mar 10, 2020
Lemme pitch my tent here. That's a very valid question and I wanna hear the answer.

Secondly, where was King Jaja exiled to?
Re: How Is The Place For Exile Chosen For A Dethroned Monarch? by Sunofgod(m): 9:52pm On Mar 10, 2020
They are sent to be near their inlaws......the ultimate punishment.

1 Like

Re: How Is The Place For Exile Chosen For A Dethroned Monarch? by doctore212(m): 10:10pm On Mar 10, 2020
I think ithe gas to do with the person like most .

If you read very well the emir doesn't attend to state functions, may be her is always bust in the Oza room.

That was why he was moved to TOTO village.
Re: How Is The Place For Exile Chosen For A Dethroned Monarch? by unbitchable(m): 10:15pm On Mar 10, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Mumu answer.

It’s high time sanity certificate is requested and tendered on this forum to the administrator before one is being allowed to make any comment.
you lack sense. show me your birth certificate.
Re: How Is The Place For Exile Chosen For A Dethroned Monarch? by famouscargo4u: 10:18pm On Mar 10, 2020
The reason for banishing the kings is so that they will not Influence the death or overthrow if the newly installed king. Usually, they are exiled to a far distance where they will be deemed to be far away to influence anything in the throne.

2 Likes

Re: How Is The Place For Exile Chosen For A Dethroned Monarch? by Amotolongbo(f): 12:20am On Mar 11, 2020
unbitchable:

you lack sense. show me your birth certificate.
Zoo is definitely your abode!

2 Likes

Re: How Is The Place For Exile Chosen For A Dethroned Monarch? by yarimo(m): 12:53am On Mar 11, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Mumu answer.

It’s high time sanity certificate is requested and tendered on this forum to the administrator before one is being allowed to post any comment.
hahahahaki you must be a new member, babe here in nairaland a lot of YABA left hospital patients are here also. don't get angry in nairalandgrin
Re: How Is The Place For Exile Chosen For A Dethroned Monarch? by unbitchable(m): 1:04am On Mar 11, 2020
Amotolongbo:

Zoo is definitely your abode!
where are your parents?.. a child is missing.
Re: How Is The Place For Exile Chosen For A Dethroned Monarch? by Amotolongbo(f): 1:26am On Mar 11, 2020
unbitchable:

where are your parents?.. a child is missing.
Thank God you said a child, not a bonobo like you

1 Like

Re: How Is The Place For Exile Chosen For A Dethroned Monarch? by unbitchable(m): 2:36am On Mar 11, 2020
Amotolongbo:
Thank God you said a child, not a bonobo like you
female bonobo
Re: How Is The Place For Exile Chosen For A Dethroned Monarch? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Mar 20, 2021
Seems you had nothing to say. Ok. Well I've deleted it all like I was going to after you read it. Sorry if you felt I bothered you. Won't happen again. The girl just needed an older person's guidance. That's why I brought it here.

(1) (Reply)

My Dear President Muhammadu Buhari / Edo 2020: Oshiomhole Suffers Disgrace In Esan Land, Banned From Enogie’s Palace / Jonathan Reveals How Obama Govt Interfered In 2015 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.