Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,270 members, 7,818,929 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Why Sanusi Was Dethroned - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Sanusi Was Dethroned (238 Views)

List Of Top 20 Traditional Rulers Dethroned In Nigerian History / Ganduje Dethroned Me For Refusing To Give Him My Teenage Daughter – Sanusi; It’s / Emir Of Kano (sanusi) Sex Scandal (full Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Sanusi Was Dethroned by KingsleyOnwuka1(m): 7:47am On Mar 11, 2020
'Human beings are rational beings capable of knowing what is good for themselves.' That's an assumption in Liberalism, the ideology I align myself with. That's why I don't pity people very much when they suffer the consequences of their own wrong actions or bad choices. Just as man is at liberty to choose the opposite of what is good for himself if he so wishes, man is as well liable to bear whatever comes upon him as the consequence of such choices.
Lamido Sanusi is an intellectual; and I'm sure he knew that he who must throw stones must not live in a glass house, and he who must live in a glass house must not throw stones.
Sanusi knew that the foundation of his emergence as Emir of Kano was faulty, to start with. He knew that he's not at peace with Aso Rock. He knew that his governor has constitutional/political power over the throne he was occupying, and so on. Yet he was bold enough to antagonize the governor and other political elites in the manner he did, in addition to knowing that politicians don't joke with antagonism.
I profusely respect Sanusi's intellectual profile, he's one of the best brains we have in Nigeria. It's good that he has already accepted to move on, it is one of those things. If I were Sanusi, I would decline any appointment anywhere especially in northern Nigeria. I understand how it feels to suffer that kind of dethronment and humiliation. All the same, Sanusi is a great man.

(1) (Reply)

Latest Soccer Transfer News / You Really Have To Hear Why This Child Was Sent Back From School / IB Plc. Builds And Commissions N44m Ultra-modern Health Centre In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.