Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Fire Guts Ogidi Market In Anambra (Photos, Video) - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Fire Guts Ogidi Market In Anambra (Photos, Video) (24220 Views)

Filling Station In Ogidi Anambra Sells Water As Fuel (Pictures, Video) / Installation Of Automated Machines For Manufacturin Of Shoes In Anambra (Photos) / Iyiegbu Obi Cubana's Compound, House In Anambra - PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

Re: Fire Guts Ogidi Market In Anambra (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 12:59pm On Mar 11, 2020
Rikze:
I think state assemblies should pass a law that all shops should have good and working fire extinguishers the way each car is expected to have one. This could help to curtail the rate these fire outbreaks wreck Havocs if it is properly implemented especially in large markets where shops are clustered all around.
you mean empty fire extinguishers?
Re: Fire Guts Ogidi Market In Anambra (Photos, Video) by JayPeeOham: 1:00pm On Mar 11, 2020
Why do I a have a feeling that this is connected to rituals? shocked

Igbo Amaka! grin
Re: Fire Guts Ogidi Market In Anambra (Photos, Video) by AmazingELixir: 1:17pm On Mar 11, 2020
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Hmmm! Anambra and market Willie Obiano the drunkard should comman explain what is really happening in his state....diswan dhan pass be careful ooh
Re: Fire Guts Ogidi Market In Anambra (Photos, Video) by Simplyleo: 1:19pm On Mar 11, 2020
ZombiePUNISHER:

When the brain is empty...
Things like this abound

You are right.

Because I observe a typical ipob pig is brainless. grin
Re: Fire Guts Ogidi Market In Anambra (Photos, Video) by Lawancy: 1:32pm On Mar 11, 2020
May Allah take control,

Re: Fire Guts Ogidi Market In Anambra (Photos, Video) by Anambralstson: 1:55pm On Mar 11, 2020
Mutemenot:
Omg :' how possible could this be?? they used to have a standby fire service truck at the entrance, I do hope Anambrarians and state government 'll come to their aid .. The victims should take heart..
I' m in front of the market now just three shops were affected, the place is calm and the market is open for business
Re: Fire Guts Ogidi Market In Anambra (Photos, Video) by shyvicky: 2:01pm On Mar 11, 2020
Re: Fire Guts Ogidi Market In Anambra (Photos, Video) by hisgrace090: 2:30pm On Mar 11, 2020
OnlineWell:
Why fire outbreak always in Anambra...Chukwu biko kpuchite umu gi cry

I just can't explain it.
Re: Fire Guts Ogidi Market In Anambra (Photos, Video) by AskProf: 3:23pm On Mar 11, 2020
Sijo01:
shocked shocked 3 visible fire trucks. Waooo, impressive!

You cannot get one in my dear state even if the fire ravage for hours.

Which state could that be?
Re: Fire Guts Ogidi Market In Anambra (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 3:30pm On Mar 11, 2020
Every major market should have a fire centre.

It's a necessity.
Re: Fire Guts Ogidi Market In Anambra (Photos, Video) by Patojargz: 3:36pm On Mar 11, 2020
Na only naija markets dey burn? The governors are aware... No doubt!
Re: Fire Guts Ogidi Market In Anambra (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Mar 11, 2020
Yankiss:
Fire incidence is rising globally. Despite this the government of our country does not deem it fit to educate the citizens appropriately and set up fire service stations plus ensure Fire extinguishers are available at businesses with trained personnel in place.

Please let's learn to say things the way they are.
There are individuals, market unions, NGOs, state associations, LG authorities, state govt, but we choose to blame the govt of the country.

I hardly dispose rubbish(plastics, can, polythene bags, papers, etc) on the road, trash on water ways, I queue up at ATM machines ( Most Nigerians scatter around ATM machine and forcing someone just coming to ask who is the last person instead of seeing everyone on a queue and join), queue up at filling stations, allow people that come before me to be attended to first before I utter a word to any vendor, I obey traffic laws, etc. But majority of Nigerians don't. Rather people despise you for doing the right thing.

Now must someone be told to flush after using public toilets, or put on seat belt, head gear for bike riders, use pedestrian bridge or purchase fire extinguisher for businesses, home use & in our cars?

Haba, let's learn to take responsibility for our actions and inactions.

Pls let NGOs, state associations & market unions handle the sensitization aspect of it and state HoA ensure fire services are functional during over sight functions. Also state govt can set up inquest or BOI to find out the remote & immediate causes of fire out break, while recommendations are implemented.
Cheers!
Re: Fire Guts Ogidi Market In Anambra (Photos, Video) by obatan(m): 4:19pm On Mar 11, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Too bad
Must you always comment with this your "damn niggar" line all the time.

Re: Fire Guts Ogidi Market In Anambra (Photos, Video) by osmoseas(m): 4:25pm On Mar 11, 2020
]Fire incidence is rising globally. Despite this the government of our country does not deem it fit to educate the citizens appropriately and set up fire service stations plus ensure Fire extinguishers are available at businesses with trained personnel in place.
Must you always lament, can't you see firefighting trucks on duty at the scene

Re: Fire Guts Ogidi Market In Anambra (Photos, Video) by stankezzy: 5:56pm On Mar 11, 2020
something is wrong , there are new fire fighting vehicles stationed at d entrance of d market ,day and knight ,if d vehicle disappeared some days before d fire ,it shows a great conspiracy
Re: Fire Guts Ogidi Market In Anambra (Photos, Video) by Princelyon247(m): 10:56pm On Mar 11, 2020
Metrixnews:
An early morning fire on Wednesday razed the building material market in Ogidi, Idemili North Local Government Area of Anambra State.

The inferno which started around 4am, reportedly emanated from a standby articulated vehicle parked inside the market.

ABN TV gathered men of the fire service, who were immediately contacted, were still battling with the fire as at press time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5MEGDA9GWY

The State Fire fighter chief, Engr Martin Agbili confirmed the incident.

He said: “There is Fire outbreak this early morning at Building material market Ogidi at about 0400hrs.

“Our firefighters and fire trucks at Onitsha and Awka were deployed to the fire scene.

“The fire outbreak emanated from a standby loaded lorry packed inside the market. The content or the goods loaded at the packed lorry is not yet known.

“We are still at the fire scene. Although the fire is under control. No life lost during the incident.”

Source: https://abntv.ng/2020/03/breaking-fire-guts-anambra-market-video/

I no understand this fire of a thing in AnamBra state of recent
Something is fishy about this fire issue
For me it is not ordinary
Re: Fire Guts Ogidi Market In Anambra (Photos, Video) by Princelyon247(m): 10:58pm On Mar 11, 2020
Princelyon247:

I no understand this fire of a thing in AnamBra state of recent
Something is fishy about this fire issue
For me it is not ordinary

I concur

Poor Customer Service In Access Bank Otukpo / How To Find Sort Code Of Any Bank In Nigeria / N1.04trn Fine: We Expect No Operation Disruptions For Not Paying Fine —MTN