Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo (63519 Views)

Uniben Students Beat Up Soldie who assaulted a Female Student At an ATM in Benin / Drone Images Of Osun State University, Osogbo. / Cultists Disrupt Examination In Osun State University, Osogbo Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by lexy2014: 2:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
Naughtysite:

For someone to have mind to break that wall.

He will access the tray.

Which "tray"?
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by kelvinovie25(m): 2:49pm On Mar 11, 2020
Robbing a bank is way better than trying to break an ATM unless you sure do have a c4 to blow up the shit.
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by nurez305(m): 2:54pm On Mar 11, 2020
nlPoster:
Wasnt there a recent thread on nl where a lady said she had issues with a man at an atm?

Also, the fcmb story.

What exactly is going on?

Clearly from the picture no cash was removed from the machine, it was only damaged.
Watch the video and see the atm cassette that is use to store cash on the ground ...... if not done by the bank staff, then I doubt if anyone can have access to open the atm
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by nurez305(m): 2:58pm On Mar 11, 2020
lexy2014:

Which "tray"?
I think they have access to the money... This are the Atm cassette on the ground

Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by nlPoster: 3:02pm On Mar 11, 2020
nurez305:
Watch the video and see the atm cassette that is use to store cash on the ground ...... if not done by the bank staff, then I doubt if anyone can have access to open the atm

Thanks for pointing it out.

However, if it were that easy to break into atms, there would be a lot more incidents of this sort.

I watched a movie once where a guy removed the entire atm machine because he wanted to access the money, and he couldn't.
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by nlPoster: 3:05pm On Mar 11, 2020
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by nurez305(m): 3:07pm On Mar 11, 2020
nlPoster:

Thanks for pointing it out.

However, if it were that easy to break into atms, there would be a lot more incidents of this sort.

I watched a movie once where a guy removed the entire atm machine because he wanted to access the money, and he couldn't.
nothing really special in having access to money inside Atm once you can decode the password to open it..... The door is always passworded and once you can open the door, you will have access to the cassette use in storing money .

Seeing those cassette on the ground mean they really have access to the money

Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by nlPoster: 3:09pm On Mar 11, 2020
nurez305:
nothing really special in having access to money inside Atm once you can decode the password to open it..... The door is always passworded and once you can open the door, you will have access to the cassette use in storing money .

Seeing those cassette on the ground mean they really have access to the money

According to that link I posted, the money is shredded if there's any attempt at a break in.
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by nlPoster: 3:17pm On Mar 11, 2020
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by Nobody: 3:22pm On Mar 11, 2020
Where do you reside??
awalterboiz:
Get 100% warranty on any UK used laptop you buy from us
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by nlPoster: 3:23pm On Mar 11, 2020
This I think was first carried by a certain Nigerian media personality because I'm not sure exactly what he does as work:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-uC8BKTr74

Could we Nigerians stop our unnecessary behaviours?
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by nurez305(m): 3:24pm On Mar 11, 2020
nlPoster:

According to that link I posted, the money is shredded if there's any attempt at a break in.
I think you have no idea of what you are saying, this is inside of atm machine.... those cassest are where the money was kept and once you can pull it out, then you have access to the money... as you can see inside the video you posted, there was no password to hold those cassette , just a button will push it out and you can open the cassette without any lock.

The only lock there is the door which no one can open except the bank administrator because they are the only one that have the password

1 Like

Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by frog12: 3:27pm On Mar 11, 2020
hope the cameras catch them
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by FLOTAN(m): 3:34pm On Mar 11, 2020
No security men watching over the ATMs? The host has responsibility to provide basic security over the machines while the bank pays rent for the space, light and security. These are usually contained in the SLA signed by the host and bank. Anyways, the ATM and cash are insured.
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by Ghostmode2two(m): 3:37pm On Mar 11, 2020
Awon boys taking their hustle too far
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by docjuli(m): 3:39pm On Mar 11, 2020
When AMILOADED Correspondent visited the location of the ATM, it was discovered that he wall beside the machine was perforated apparently for the perpetrators to gain entry into the kiosk that normally houses the money dispensed by the ATM.

Wall perforated? grin
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by gouken2: 4:31pm On Mar 11, 2020
So you mean no security around that ATM
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by Nobody: 4:34pm On Mar 11, 2020
grin

It's not good to laugh in matters like this.

Only smile.
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by PrinceDangana(m): 4:55pm On Mar 11, 2020
Witcher:
Well well well look at what we have here. This just look awesome. Nigerians are so Awesome
God bless president Buhari
God bless APC
God bless Nigeria

God bless them all,,we are discovering our talent one by one,,,this guy now dat broke this atm now is a real engineer,,,more grace to u boss
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by Ojuororun(m): 5:11pm On Mar 11, 2020
princedmiayer:
People with the ATM money stollen now will be like.
For this 9ja govt dey borrow 27 billion dollars, make Dem kukuma borrow Dem own.
GBEKU DANCE ABI...?
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by Lush100(m): 5:28pm On Mar 11, 2020
yes he can; if he head no correct like gangan own,

if im head rotten well well, he can even wake up one evening to dethrone Yoruba Oba and not wake up the next morning again. grin grin grin grin

obimiheka:
Pls I need answer... So as Sanusi was dethroned by ganduje...Does it mean dat obiano can wake up one morning and dethrone Obi of onitsha?
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by vincentont(m): 6:03pm On Mar 11, 2020
What most of you don't understand is that most ATMs position outside the bank premises are prone to thieves breaking into it coz the banks don't have security operatives stationed there.They rely on the securities of those locations. Moreover banks do have a certain amount they load into their off-site ATMs .
What I can deduct from the video is that it is an inside job from the bank coz those cassettes still looks okay,the vault door was not blasted.They gain access using the key and d combination lock(password).
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by Vokians(m): 6:53pm On Mar 11, 2020
Na wa o
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by nlPoster: 7:07pm On Mar 11, 2020
vincentont:
What most of you don't understand is that most ATMs position outside the bank premises are prone to thieves breaking into it coz the banks don't have security operatives stationed there.They rely on the securities of those locations. Moreover banks do have a certain amount they load into their off-site ATMs .
What I can deduct from the video is that it is an inside job from the bank coz those cassettes still looks okay,the vault door was not blasted.They gain access using the key and d combination lock(password).

ATMs are designed to be tamper proof which is why there aren't a lot of break ins like this one.

The machine is essentially impregnable so it takes more effort than it's worth to pulverize it.

That's why would-be criminals usually prefer taking the entire vault when trying to crack an atm to get at the money in it.
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by trutht828: 7:42pm On Mar 11, 2020
Witcher:
Well well well look at what we have here. This just look awesome. Nigerians are so Awesome
God bless president Buhari
God bless APC
God bless Nigeria

And may God turn your life to what buahri has turned Nigeria into. Amen.
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by mechanics(m): 8:04pm On Mar 11, 2020
They might have taken some cash.
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by raphy(m): 9:02pm On Mar 11, 2020
while the sledge hammer was hitting the wall bang someone WS standing somewhere looking left and right for some one coming.one of them.go inside and take money then they ran off to share.

naija broke guys sense
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by vincentont(m): 9:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
These criminals you see are deadly and they come prepared. There has been an increase in ATM break ins but most banks are not reporting it,if not for the nairalander that reported this case,you wouldn't have known. In 2018 I know of about 4 cases in Abuja excluding the ones I was told.
These break ins are more in the Northern part of these country.

nlPoster:

ATMs are designed to be tamper proof which is why there aren't a lot of break ins like this one.

The machine is essentially impregnable so it takes more effort than it's worth to pulverize it.

That's why would-be criminals usually prefer taking the entire vault when trying to crack an atm to get at the money in it.
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by nlPoster: 10:04pm On Mar 11, 2020
There has been an increase in ATM break ins but most banks are not reporting it,

By "not reporting it" I assume you mean not in the media?

The atms are supposed to have alarms that indicate a breach in security. This would also make them somewhat inconvenient to smash and not worth the effort.

Perhaps the Nigerian atms don't have this feature?
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by israelmao(m): 10:11pm On Mar 11, 2020
I think bank robberies are more prevalent in certain region of this country.Something should be done quickly about them.
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by AsaBlackheart(m): 12:48am On Mar 12, 2020
FuckThaMod:
The money is inside the machine, not inside wall grin
I don't think they got Any money... I know this for sure cos I'm one of lipsrsealed
Anyways, buhari gov't is too bad and man must survive cry

The machine extends behind the wall. There is a compartment where money is loaded in.
They simply had to gain access to the room housing the bulk of the machine.
Re: Criminals Break Into ATM In Osun State University, Osogbo by kareemkamil(m): 6:37am On Mar 12, 2020
So they fixed ATM on ordinary block wall. They never see anything yet

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Sex For Grades: Boniface Igbeneghu Of UNILAG Exposed In BBC Documentary (Pics) / KNUST University Ghana In Pictures / Guy Spends Almost A Year Gluing 42,000 Matches To Make A Giant Sphere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.