Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,661 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review (6799 Views)

Tecno P5 Compartable Games And Andriod Games Review / All Symbian ^3 Apps And Games Here(n8,c7,e7,etc) / S60v1 & 2 Applications And Games Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by pharuk: 4:13pm On Dec 22, 2010
I have been using my Iphone 4 on 4.1.0 firmware for 5 months now and the same second the phone got into my hand I unlocked it (jailbreaking-which by the way is now legal)
So this thread will have my best Apps, Themes and Games
PLS DONT POST YOUR PHONES FOR SALE HERE!!! THIS IS JUST A REVIEW THREAD AND I INTEND TO KEEP IT THAT WAY

All themes are accessible on cydia, you need to add a repo source like sinful and xsellize to get them (am assuming you now that)
All themes are on installous, you can download it via your Iphone/Ipod touch (wifi ofcourse) or you can go to apptracker if you dont have wifi connection, download the games or apps to ur laptop then SSH to your device, copy and paste to your device.

Your device needs to be jailbroken or else this will be a mirage,

I can make it top 10, but haven't figure out a way to add more than 4 pics at a time so manage 4 for now

TOP 4 THEMES.
1. G.O.C HD by toyvan (you can customize your weather location, u will need iBlank as well from cydia)
2. iPhone 4 Blue Matrix Theme by shoowack
3. iPhone 4 Chalkboard Theme by hotiron
4. iPhone 4 Ocean Iphone FIXED  Theme by_RamBoCore

TOP 5 GAMES
1. Asphalt 6,  (unbelievable car racing game and the retina display makes it gorgeous)
2. Angry birds (addictive)
3. street fighter 4 and mortal kombat (together)
4. Infinity blade
5. Battle field bad company

Top 5 APPs
1. bite sms
2. cydia, winterboard, sbsettings, ifile (they are a must have anyway)
3. Make it mine (get that from cydia, you can change your carrier name to whatever, i replaced mine with Nitel_MTN, so i fool people that the coy came together)
4. Mywi 4.0,  (use you device as a modem, i can share my unlimited 3g or even wifi with ANY wireless enabled device
5. Vintage video maker (shoot video looking like it was made in the 1920`s)

sorry i cant add pic for the rest, u can google it.

if u need more info on the following, including jailbreaking, SSH to your device,  holla @ ur boy,

Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by pharuk: 4:19pm On Dec 22, 2010
Just remembered, my very best app of all time is

lockinfo, and as all ways you can get it on cydia,
see images

Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by mjay(m): 6:27am On Dec 23, 2010
Please is there anything you can do with Ipad? like updating the OS and jailbreaking it if its possible?
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 23, 2010
mjay:

Please is there anything you can do with Ipad? like updating the OS and jailbreaking it if its possible?
GIVE MORE INFO like ur current os,,
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by texazzpete(m): 8:53am On Dec 23, 2010
tumababa:

GIVE MORE INFO like your current os,,

All released iPad OS versions can be jailbroken.
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 23, 2010
texazzpete:

All released iPad OS versions can be jailbroken.
but the latest one is still tethered. so wont it b better if u are AWARE before jailbreaking??// it is very annoying if u av to connect to ur system everytime u want to restart ur ipad/iphone
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by pharuk: 9:10am On Dec 23, 2010
Very true, all OS can be jailbroken,
this is one of the very many ways.

first thing you need to do is to know what OS/firmware you are runing:

On your device:
1. On your device's home screen, tap Settings
2. Tap General
3. Tap About
4. Your device's exact software version is listed next to 'Version'

Connected to a computer:
1. Open iTunes on your computer (the latest version of iTunes is recommended)
2. Connect your device to the computer
3. Select your device when it appears in iTunes under 'Devices'
4. On the Summary tab, your device's exact software version is listed next to 'Software Version'

iTunes should tell you if your software is up to date or if you need to upgrade. Click the Check for Update button to update your software version

you can jailbreak using jailbreakme
JailbreakMe 2.0 Released To Jailbreak iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G On iOS 4, iOS 4.0.1 And iPad On iOS 3.2.1, iOS 3.2 Using Mobile Safari

pls note JailbreakMe does not unlock your iPhone. there is a difference btw unlocking and jailbreaking, jailbreak will put cydia on your device which you can use to download apps, themes and games for free,

Procedure
All you need to do is visit JailbreakMe.com on your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad’s Mobile Safari browser and swipe on the ‘slide to jailbreak’ button and wait for the process to complete to jailbreak it. You will see the following screens during the entire process.

Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by pharuk: 9:12am On Dec 23, 2010
Let me know when you have cydia on your homescreen, because thats when the endless fun begin, you will need to add some repo sources where u can get all downloads and ofcourse installous
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 23, 2010
what of 4.2.1 on new devices? isnt it tethered for now?
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by pharuk: 9:57am On Dec 23, 2010
tumababa:

If you updated to the recent 4.1.2, You probably have your carrier configuration downloaded through iTunes. Unlocked phones used on carriers that don't have an agreement with Apple have to be configured manually on the phone. (only for Iphone 4)  for those running an iPhone 3G that has been officially unlocked, there is no unofficial unlock available just yet for those running iOS 4.2.1.
Well except you downgrade to 4.1 then u have to ask yourself, is it worth it (just for tethering, )
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by pharuk: 10:12am On Dec 23, 2010
have you tried "MyWi 4.11.2" thats what i use, but am on 4.1, some friends say it works like a charm on 4.1.2,
this is the procedure.

v4.11
iOS 4.2.1 Compatibility
Fix for disconnect after 4 - 10 minutes for some users.
Important Note: Make sure You Install com.intelli.statusbaricons before you Install this Crack.
IMPORTANT !!
Intelliborn now checks wether license request comes through Cydia, if not they will not send a license, the workaround:
Install the Original from Cydia keep it installed , Install this Crack over the Original!

Important !!
Installation with /Cydia/Autoinstall will NOT work
(app needs internet connection during install connection is broken during reboot!)
install with iFile (free version will do)
Respring AND Reboot after install. Only works otherwise if you still have Old Lisence

First bug found:
needs switch the "in Use Indicator" every time to show Tethering Bar/Status Bar Icon
did not show up due to a conflict with IntelliDial, disable with SBsettings, respring and enable IntelliDial again solves the problem.
Download 4.11.2 Cracked : Official

Update 9b : *New DEB* REAL Crack is out for Version 4.9.10 !! [Credits to Wortel]

v4.9.10
Fix for iPhone 3G on 4.1 and MyWi won't open

Download 4.9.10 Cracked : Official
IT REQUIRES com.intelli.statusbaricons.0.93 : Official

Create a WiFi HotSpot with a press of a finger! Wherever you are - you can connect your laptop or other mobile device to your iPhone/iPad easily. MyWi has been rebuilt from scratch to bring tethering support to iOS 4! Will work with all jailbroken iPhones (including 2G/3G/3GS/4) and iPad on 3.1.2 or later.

Important Note: Make sure You Install com.intelli.statusbaricons before you Install this Crack.

MyWi 4 New Features and Improvements:
- Faster performance
- Lower battery consumption
- Choose the In Use Indicator that you want:
- - Status bar icon (no battery use)
- - Blue pulsing bar (10% - 15% more battery)
- Adjust the WiFi transmit power (Between 30% and 100%)
- Battery consumption meter
- USB Bridge mode. (Connect your laptop over USB to the phones 3G or WiFi connection!), Finally make use of all that free WiFi your iPhone/iPad gets!

Original Features:
- Create WiFi Hotspot to connect multiple laptops or mobile devices to share your iPhone's internet connection
- 40 bit and 104 bit WEP Security to prevent others from accessing your WiFi HotSpot
- Ability to enable USB Tethering on your iPhone
- Broadcasts the Network Name (SSID) - no need to fuss with creating an adhoc network on your laptop
- Shows up and down bandwidth usage

If out of this you are still in doubt,,,
1. open cydia and search and install MyWi 4.1 (purchase) it is usually blue and has a trial of 14 days
2. lauch it on your homescreen after it reboots and accept the agreement
3. go back to cydia and search for MyWi cracked (you must add xsellize source in your manage function) and install it (remeber, dont uninstall the the purchased one)
4. ready to use

Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by Princeofilorin(m): 10:58am On Dec 23, 2010
there's a better app than MyWii

PDA2net
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by pharuk: 11:15am On Dec 23, 2010
Princeofilorin:

there's a better app than MyWii

PDA2net
on Iphone? i know thats for Andriod, not heard of a version for Iphone besides there have not been any update since 3.0 which was released 3 years ago,
but its all up to the user to decide his preference, i only know of Mywi and its flawless
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by Nobody: 11:58am On Dec 23, 2010
Pdanet is not better than mywi. PDAnet allows only one connection at a time,
Mywi4.11.2 allows multiple connections BUT ur phone go warm small oo
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by mjay(m): 1:45pm On Dec 23, 2010
tumababa:

GIVE MORE INFO like your current os,,

My version is 3.2.1 (7B405)
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 23, 2010
Fine, u can use jailbreakme.com described above
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by texazzpete(m): 4:41pm On Dec 23, 2010
tumababa:

An untethered jailbreak for all firmware will be released before or just after Christmas.
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by ogagusps3: 9:58pm On Dec 23, 2010
I'm on 4.2.1 how should I go about jail breaking my iPhone 4
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by Nobody: 11:03pm On Dec 23, 2010
Is it unlocked?
ogagusps3:

I'm on 4.2.1 how should I go about jail breaking my iPhone 4
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by ogagusps3: 11:12pm On Dec 23, 2010
Yes
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by n3rve(m): 12:53am On Dec 24, 2010
pharuk:

I can make it top 10, but haven't figure out a way to add more than 4 pics at a time so manage 4 for now

I host the images on external sites like tinypic & stream (use the IMG tags on the forum).

-[n3rve]
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by Nobody: 6:34am On Dec 24, 2010
ogagusps3:

Yes

if you are on 4.2.1 on iphone4 and you are unlocked without jailbreaking, then you av a factory unlocked fone,CONGRATS!!!!. I have one that is still locked but brand new. ( i envy you ooo).

anyway, you can use redsnow 0.9.6b5 or b6 to jailbreak it. just remember that once u jailbreak ur iphone4, u have to connect it to that redsnow to 'just boot tethered' anytime u reboot the phone untill they make it untethered anytime from today.

so if u dont mind that condition then just buzz me online to put u thru. good luck.
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by ogagusps3: 7:28am On Dec 24, 2010
^^^ I thought it was weird that my brand new IPhone 4 (sent directly from the UK by my darling sister) accepted any and all sims I put inside it
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 24, 2010
ogagusps3:

^^^ I thought it was weird that my brand new IPhone 4 (sent directly from the UK by my darling sister) accepted any and all sims I put inside it

are u online? need to asestions few question pls
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by Nobody: 7:34am On Dec 24, 2010
mine is also meant to be factory unlocked but i think it is locked. it was a gift anyway from australia
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by texazzpete(m): 8:55am On Dec 24, 2010
ogagusps3:

16 or 32gb?
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by ogagusps3: 10:17am On Dec 24, 2010
16gig
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by zenus(m): 10:31am On Dec 24, 2010
Interesting
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by pharuk: 11:17am On Dec 24, 2010
ogagusps3:

Not all phones are locked to a specific network, the first Iphone 4 came in a smaller sim compartment, so the regular sim will be impossible to put it, so i had to get a contract from a provider for 24 months shocked shocked shocked shocked, not sure i will be using it 4 that long.
But the good thing is that the new version of iOS comes with a bigger sim compartment and the silent button is on top not by the side.
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by Nobody: 11:28am On Dec 24, 2010
pharuk:

Not all phones are locked to a specific network, the first Iphone 4 came in a smaller sim compartment, so the regular sim will be impossible to put it, so i had to get a contract from a provider for 24 months shocked shocked shocked shocked, not sure i will be using it 4 that long.
But the good thing is that the new version of iOS comes with a bigger sim compartment and the silent button is on top not by the side.

never haerd of this oo, on iphone 4?
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by pharuk: 11:43am On Dec 24, 2010
tumababa:

never haerd of this oo, on iphone 4?
Believe it, am looking at one now
Re: Iphone 4 Themes, Apps And Games Review by pharuk: 11:52am On Dec 24, 2010
pharuk:

Believe it, am looking at one now
Forgive my blonder, had an extra look, its still a micro sim, but the 4G is rumoured to have a bigger sim and supports flash

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buying Of Phones From OLX / Nigerians Spent N3.66trn On Calls, Data In Two Years — NCC / Huawei P30 Pro, P30 And P30 Lite Hands On Comparison Review + Price(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.