Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With (9684 Views)

Virgin UK Passport: Can My 7-Year-Old Travel Out Of Nigeria? / Why Do Your Friends Ignore You When They Finally Travel Out Of The Country? / I Urgently Want To Travel To Cyprus This Year, How Possible? Suggestions Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 2:06pm On Mar 15, 2020
Iamicekid:

Germany, will be a little hard small but if you are determined you will cause you know you have to first learn German, for better understanding and make sure the agent get you atleast 2yrs visa before going cause a lot of agent will be telling you 6month can do that, see Na lie ooo, atleast with that 2yrs you will have gotten a good job and know people and get your feet on the ground
which country can one go to and be able to get a job too that's not as hard as Germany
Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by mrbenjame: 3:03pm On Mar 15, 2020
Please i need you all to give me an answer to this question as it has been worrying me for a long time. Booking hostel will it be ok? Must it be a hotel? Because hostel is quite affordable to me.

1 Like

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by emperorsversion(m): 3:12pm On Mar 15, 2020
All these guys discouraging people that you can't make it in any country using tourist visa to hustle na you know.. I know of persons, relative who travelled, knew no one, some were even homeless (slept in cartons) but are doing excellently well now. raising ediphis structures here in naija... just keep your hustle real and be grounded educationally, be expressive and you will make it... Nigeria now is unsafe for all now..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:08pm On Mar 15, 2020
kiako:
ok baba .... But does it include your living expenses say prior to you getting a job

some people can get a job within a week arriving anywhere, while other CANT (even if they stay there for 10 good years). it all depends on indiividual, circumstances and LUCK.

i am sorry to say that, the questions you ask make no damn sense. nobody can conform IF/WHEN you will get a job.

1st of all, you have to possess a VALID working visa, and that is not an easy task.
2nd you need yo know what type of job you will seek beforehand... if you are seeking for ANY job, even slavery work...then yes many can find such job anywhere in the world, but after working for peanuts for years and having nothing to show for, you will realize that you had a better life in Nigeria.
3rd the important question REALLY is: WHY do you want to emigrate and HOW?
Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 11:41am On Mar 16, 2020
emperorsversion:
All these guys discouraging people that you can't make it in any country using tourist visa to hustle na you know.. I know of persons, relative who travelled, knew no one, some were even homeless (slept in cartons) but are doing excellently well now. raising ediphis structures here in naija... just keep your hustle real and be grounded educationally, be expressive and you will make it... Nigeria now is unsafe for all now..

Thank you
Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Iamicekid(m): 11:51am On Mar 16, 2020
kiako:
which country can one go to and be able to get a job too that's not as hard as Germany

For now it’s Canada ooo
Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Midex88(m): 10:31pm On Jun 10, 2020
Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 9:07am On Jun 11, 2020
NextD18:
The problem isn't getting the visa but coping in a country you know no one.

Unless you are Igbo, because only Igbos can comfortably cope in a country or land they know nobody.

Tribalistic bigot!!! Is what u are, hu TLD u is only Igbo's dat can find there way in an unknown territory... Anybody can find there way as long as u do everything dats legal and stay off trouble, keep a lowkey until u get familiarized with d environment, don't get too close w any1, mark a particular place where there is heavy presence of police and shut ur doors properly u would be ok, and if u re in d US where guns are allowed, u mite really consider getting urslf one

1 Like

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Niggaindoha(m): 2:27pm On Jun 11, 2020
NextD18:
The problem isn't getting the visa but coping in a country you know no one.

Unless you are Igbo, because only Igbos can comfortably cope in a country or land they know nobody.

Sense is too far from you bro.
Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by DortmundGirl(f): 4:26pm On Jun 11, 2020
If you come to Germany with a valid Visa for long term stay (as student, workingvisa or family reunion) you will get a working permit immediately. Then you can find job easily.

If you decide to arrive with visitors Visa or without visa (seeking asylum and so on) you will be restricted from work for some time and it will be hard to get working permit. And without permit you can't land a good job - my opinion.

Secondly I recommend to learn at least little German before you get here. It increases your job opportunities and your situation here a lot.

Just make sure you have enough money for some months time, then stress is little.
Nigerians are to be found in every city now. So you easily connect. But try and make friends outside too, because Nigerians here don't trust each other here.

Good luck

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 11, 2020
You don’t have to know anyone to travel anywhere. As long as you’re not a baby and you can think for yourself. I lived with Europeans who were as young as 17 and they left their country to find greener pastures in Germany, without knowing anyone. If you’re not smart enough to research things online, then you better stay in Nigeria. People who make mistakes are mostly those who don’t read and make life choices based on hearsay.

I arrived Germany without knowing anybody. My fist time ever traveling abroad. I did not even know how to enter train or read road signs. With Google maps and translate, I used common sense to find my way. I made mistakes and got lost. Sometimes I sat in the train/bus until the last stop and had to go back because I did not know where to get off. I even walked for 2 hours looking for my flat, because google map failed me. But still I survived.

Yes, you can survive with a tourist visa and succeed. People have done it and are still doing it (Don’t ask me how). Only thing is, you’ll suffer first and it would take long to get a legal permit. As long as you’re there, you’ll find a way. Just don’t commit crime, because that’s one way the police can know that you’re illegal.

Your best bet is to join an African church in your area. They’re very helpful with information on how to get around, get a job, and how to find your way. You’ll also see people in the same boat as you. Just don’t reveal much information about yourself to everyone you come across.
Also make friends, even if it’s one friend. Even if the friend is chopping your money, as long as you’re learning something from them, it is worth it.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by UrFears: 7:17pm On Jun 11, 2020
Danielhouston:

Welcome back Dan!, hope you're good
Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 11, 2020
UrFears:
Welcome back Dan!, hope you're good

Hi, yeah I’m fine. Hope you’re fine too

1 Like

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by UrFears: 9:44pm On Jun 11, 2020
Danielhouston:

yea, I'm doing great.
Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Richdee1(m): 9:50am On Jun 12, 2020
Danielhouston:

Oya comman update ur thread
Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by UrFears: 10:50am On Jun 12, 2020
Richdee1:

Oya comman update ur thread
is that a command or request?
Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Richdee1(m): 11:07am On Jun 12, 2020
UrFears:
is that a command or request?
Na u get thread??.. Awon Entitlement Mentals

1 Like

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by UrFears: 11:15am On Jun 12, 2020
Richdee1:

Na u get thread??.. Awon Entitlement Mentals
Smh undecided, I don't hv strength so I would just let it pass. Buh you have no right to tell him to continue his thread, you're not paying him for that . It's his choice to continue or not. #stay safe

1 Like

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by alien1: 2:56pm On Jun 12, 2020
@Danielhouston
In your one of your post on the thread, you talked about Catholic church/charity.... are they reliable when it comes to helping immigrants?
Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Richdee1(m): 4:53pm On Jun 12, 2020
UrFears:
Smh undecided, I don't hv strength so I would just let it pass. Buh you have no right to tell him to continue his thread, you're not paying him for that . It's his choice to continue or not. #stay safe

I was just joking naa.. why u dey take panadol for anoda mans headache... Bro calm down ehn.. this life na jeje

4 Likes

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by flyingpig: 7:11pm On Jun 12, 2020
Danielhouston:

I greet you chief
We really miss you

1 Like

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 12, 2020
alien1:
@Danielhouston
In your one of your post on the thread, you talked about Catholic church/charity.... are they reliable when it comes to helping immigrants?

Yes they are. They can help with accommodation, providing free legal advice/support, immigration information, financial support (in some cases), and even help you find a job or offer you one. There are other organizations as well. That applies to anyone who needs help (not just students) and how lucky you are to find to right church/charity.

2 Likes

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 12, 2020
flyingpig:

I greet you chief
We really miss you

I greet you brother.
Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 12, 2020
Pls can someone tell me how to view messages on Nairaland, sent via email? I just get notifications but I don’t see the messages

1 Like

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by lordally(m): 8:43pm On Jun 12, 2020
Danielhouston:
Pls can someone tell me how to view messages on Nairaland, sent via email? I just get notifications but I don’t see the messages

You would just have to check your email inbox cos any message sent to you on NAIRALAND via email goes directly into your email inbox
Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jun 12, 2020
lordally:

You would just have to check your email inbox cos any message sent to you on NAIRALAND via email goes directly into your email inbox

Thanks. I just get a notification that someone is trying to send me an email and I have to reply to them.

Btw, Lordally, I read your comment and it was really beautiful. I hope you make it to Germany or anywhere else and I pray God keeps blessing your uncle. I need that pot of egusi soup

3 Likes

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by lordally(m): 10:09pm On Jun 12, 2020
Danielhouston:

Thanks. I just get a notification that someone is trying to send me an email and I have to reply to them.

Btw, Lordally, I read your comment and it was really beautiful. I hope you make it to Germany or anywhere else and I pray God keeps blessing your uncle. I need that pot of egusi soup

Hahhahahahaahahahhaha my boss thanks for acknowledging my reply it feels so good to get such I appreciate this so much!!! I've always preferred Europe and GERMANY to be precise and it has been like this for a couple of years now....I just enrolled into a software engineering course here in Lagos which will run for 4 months after that I'll get a job as a software engineer here in Lagos....with that I'm giving myself 3yrs or maybe less then I'll start shooting my shot at GERMANY!!! I might even take the Visit Visa route ....I'll just sit down and research more...as for the Pot of Egussi Soup omo no worry yourself , it's a promise I will fulfill thanks so much your thread on NAIRALAND has given me so much insights and has given me a game plan....na make i just work then save up money and start shooting my shot!!

1 Like

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by valnelly(m): 10:26pm On Jun 12, 2020
I really need to migrate to Canada.. I'm a graduate, 34 years old guy ...and still single. I've saved up to 1.7m for this purpose. Guys... Please what advice would you give me and how much more do I need to live well pending when I'll secure a job there... Let me also add that I was a senior security guard at night while I schooled full-time during the day.. please I need guidance. God bless.
uchevalentineopara@yahoo.com
080_6635++79:6 6. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Chidonsky: 11:02pm On Jun 12, 2020
Danielhouston:
you will have to check email that was link to your nairaland account to access his message.
Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by LogTM: 11:01am On Jun 13, 2020
Danielhouston:

That's how it works. The sender can only send their message if you reply.
Re: How Possible To Travel Out If You Don't Know Anyone Abroad To Stay With by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 13, 2020
lordally:

Hahhahahahaahahahhaha my boss thanks for acknowledging my reply it feels so good to get such I appreciate this so much!!! I've always preferred Europe and GERMANY to be precise and it has been like this for a couple of years now....I just enrolled into a software engineering course here in Lagos which will run for 4 months after that I'll get a job as a software engineer here in Lagos....with that I'm giving myself 3yrs or maybe less then I'll start shooting my shot at GERMANY!!! I might even take the Visit Visa route ....I'll just sit down and research more...as for the Pot of Egussi Soup omo no worry yourself , it's a promise I will fulfill thanks so much your thread on NAIRALAND has given me so much insights and has given me a game plan....na make i just work then save up money and start shooting my shot!!

Seems like a great plan. Take your time and go for it. Germany is always open whenever you’re ready. With the recent protests against racism, things are definitely shifting in the right direction and things will get better in Germany. That includes visa regulations for black countries. A lot of these laws they have, are a product of systemic racism and we’re trying to fight it.

Germany had the largest crowd in the world for the #Blacklivesmatter protest, after the US. Lots of discussions are being held in the senate to combat discrimination and systemic racism. I can tell you that from next year, things will get better for those who plan on coming to Germany.
In our recent meeting, I brought up the fact that Africans have to pay 3 million in a blocked account before they’re allowed to study in Germany, but international students from white populated countries are exempt. We will keep fighting the system.

Also try to learn German language, while you’re in Nigeria. Even if it’s just level A1. It would definitely give you a better chance of visa/permit when you want to settle in Germany, through whatever means you decide. Just get the certificate. It does not expire and you won’t lose anything. Good luck my friend.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See The 10 Most Expensive Airports Ever Built In The World(Photos) / Why Are You Still Abroad? / Enqiry About Life In Norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.