Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

..... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ..... (280 Views)

Sad About My Gpa. Advise Me Please. Save My Career / Please Help Me, Can A Science Student Study Law? I Need Advise Before JAMB Reg / Pls Help I Need A Good Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

..... by Nobody: 6:31pm On Mar 11, 2020
Re: ..... by CokeBar(f): 6:48pm On Mar 11, 2020
Because your Dad asked that you study a different course, you're contemplating suicide? Just because of B.Sc certificate that you might end up not using?

The way it is "hungrying" nowadays youths to kee themselves ehn?!

It is well.

As regards your issue, understand why he wants you to study that course. Does he have a company he foresees you handling? Talk to an elder or uncle in your family.

For Computer Science, if you really want to be practicing... you need practical skills and you can get them through certifications...

In conclusion, this isn't an issue worth killing yourself please.

2 Likes

Re: ..... by adeyemi2017(m): 6:52pm On Mar 11, 2020
Discuss with your Dad amicably as son to father. Ask him the reasons behind the enforcement of Mechanical engineering on you. For instance, I have heard of a father who enforce all his children to study Engineering courses because he could be able to place them on job once they finish. Contrarily, I heard of father who enforced medicine on his son, the son accepted and graduated from medical school and returned the certificate back to his father. He told his father, I have obeyed your order, that is the certificate. At the last, he ended up to be a musician as he wished. Take heed from those two scenario.
I wish you the best
Re: ..... by deltateam: 4:08am On Mar 12, 2020
Luckyheart:
Hello NL.
I would like to be advised concerning my situation as I am really confused and contemplating suicide to end all this mess.

The thing is that I just got admission recently this year into my dream school here in Lagos. But the problem is, my dad asked me to study Mechanical Engineering which am currently doing and its seems I am forcing myself studying the course and my dad has never asked me what I intended to study before.

Due to what I termed "forcing myself studying the course", I have been lagging behind and I am really confused cause am tense, reason be that, test is fast approaching and I have not covered anything and I don't what to fail at the same time.

I am really tired and confused, though what I really have in mind to study is Computer science but my dad is just MECHANICAL ENGINEERING OR NOTHING. Pls advise.

Does he own an auto assembling plant?
Re: ..... by Nobody: 7:19am On Mar 12, 2020
deltateam:

No, he believes thst since the world is advancing in technology, then there's a alot of job opportunities for the course.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 7:20am On Mar 12, 2020
deltateam:

No, he don't.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 7:21am On Mar 12, 2020
adeyemi2017:
Discuss with your Dad amicably as son to father. Ask him the reasons behind the enforcement of Mechanical engineering on you. For instance, I have heard of a father who enforce all his children to study Engineering courses because he could be able to place them on job once they finish. Contrarily, I heard of father who enforced medicine on his son, the son accepted and graduated from medical school and returned the certificate back to his father. He told his father, I have obeyed your order, that is the certificate. At the last, he ended up to be a musician as he wished. Take heed from those two scenario.
I wish you the best

Thanks
Re: ..... by Nobody: 7:27am On Mar 12, 2020
CokeBar:
Because your Dad asked that you study a different course, you're contemplating suicide? Just because of B.Sc certificate that you might end up not using?

The way it is "hungrying" nowadays youths to kee themselves ehn?!

It is well.

As regards your issue, understand why he wants you to study that course. Does he have a company he foresees you handling? Talk to an elder or uncle in your family.

For Computer Science, if you really want to be practicing... you need practical skills and you can get them through certifications...

In conclusion, this isn't an issue worth killing yourself please.
l

He believes there will be job opportunities whem I am done. Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Word Of The Day... 'crwth' / 15 Facts About This Year (2020) UTME Examination / Data Room Review: Everything You Need To Know About Virtual Data Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.