Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,276 members, 7,818,936 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:37 AM

Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash (50582 Views)

Osun Monarch, Olowu Of Kuta Issues Warning To Asari Dokubo Over Oil Theft / Kingsley Otuaro And Timipre Sylva Meet Osinbajo Over Oil Shutdown Threats / Mele Kyari Biography, Profile, Age Of NNPC GMD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by InvertedHammer: 9:33pm On Mar 11, 2020
/
You may elect to wail at factors you cannot control or store up cash to mop up equities and commodities at very low prices. When the tempest calms, millionaires and billionaires will be minted. Don't forget that this is once in a decade opportunity.

\
Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by mvem(m): 9:34pm On Mar 11, 2020
Adufeamos:
They wil always be worried and fall in trouble they refused to put qualified people in each sector. Mtchewwww......
the world is going into recession, what does qualification have to do with this...It is affecting all economies of the world. No one foresaw this coronavirus
Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by israelmao(m): 9:37pm On Mar 11, 2020
A lazy man will always find an excuse why things are not working,they have finally found Coronavirus as an excuse .
Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by nedekid: 9:37pm On Mar 11, 2020
Osidazz19:

This is not like drug business where you can just decide to invest your drug proceeds in an hotel business. The is a real economy where it takes planning, money, talents and many years of investment to diversify.
You really expect Buhari to diversify the economy in 5 years when the economy just getting out of recession?
Yeah must be day dreaming.
Even if oil becomes $200 per barrel, you will still have this goverment give the same excuses of the "last administration".
Go and read of Russia how despite fall in oil prices and western sanctions was able to reclaim the value of their falling currency. How they cut spending, and have been able to build 500billion usd in reserves despite oil at 50 to 60 per barrel which will enable them weather the storm of the next few years. And yes they have also being funding a war in Syria before you say we have insurgency in the North.
The issue is compitence.

5 Likes

Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by redsun(m): 9:38pm On Mar 11, 2020
Do price fluctuations make any difference to ordinary Nigerian? Whether high it low, the politicians and their cohorts steal all the revenues from oil.

The people are left to live like they are in hell on earth, while the politicians live like emperors without visions and functioning empires.

2 Likes

Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by Urchman200: 9:38pm On Mar 11, 2020
budaatum:

Don't mind you. He should be farming, and manufacturing, and producing because he is the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, while you are diversifying on Nairaland.
what is wrong with what he said ? I thought is the responsibility of a government have an economic policy?has the reverse become the case? I want to believe that most of u doing this zomby wk are intelligent too,maybe the people will chart an economic policy so that Buhari and his gowns can follow, in a bid to support this government u must sound stupid seriously.

1 Like

Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by Asianjollof007: 9:39pm On Mar 11, 2020
Which trouble again? This government itself is a big trouble.
Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by peacettw: 9:41pm On Mar 11, 2020
Can anyone give us the economic implications of buying up dollars
Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by Urchman200: 9:46pm On Mar 11, 2020
budaatum:

Price of petrol at the pump in UK has remained the same too.

Anyone anywhere seen petrol price drop?
do UK pay subsidy?
Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by CSTR2: 9:47pm On Mar 11, 2020
The Bible says woe unto the land whose king is a child.

We are being governed by mental children in this precarious era where foolishness is not tolerated in the game of nations.
Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by Osidazz19: 9:50pm On Mar 11, 2020
nedekid:

Even if oil becomes $200 per barrel, you will still have this goverment give the same excuses of the "last administration".
Go and read of Russia how despite fall in oil prices and western sanctions was able to reclaim the value of their falling currency. How they cut spending, and have been able to build 500billion usd in reserves despite oil at 50 to 60 per barrel which will enable them weather the storm of the next few years. And yes they have also being funding a war in Syria before you say we have insurgency in the North.
The issue is compitence.

Omo, LMAO. Seriously comparing Nigeria to Russia?

Russia, that has a manufacturing base, Russia that is capable of manufacturing just about anything they want with good technology. Russia that sent humans to space even before the good ol USA? Russia that competes with the US in terms of technology or Nigeria where people only PRAY for technological MIRACLES.

Until you have individuals with serious scientific knowledge and breakthroughs, you are stuck in the 3rd world mode. I beg find better comparison like apples to apples and not apples to oranges.

2 Likes

Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by budaatum: 9:50pm On Mar 11, 2020
Urchman200:
do UK pay subsidy?
No. Most of the price of fuel at the pump in UK is tax of 57.95 pence per litre plus 20% VAT.

https://www.gov.uk/tax-on-shopping/fuel-duty

Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by franchasng: 9:51pm On Mar 11, 2020
Our case is different Mr. Kyari wink
Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 11, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Very funny. Who warning epp??

So you don't now some people are just looking to be quoted so they keep posting rubbish aimed at being quoted. And when quoted they become happy.
Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by mormoney85(m): 9:52pm On Mar 11, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Are Nigerians not in Hardship already?
we are but winter is coming

2 Likes

Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by Nobody: 9:52pm On Mar 11, 2020
Is he related to abba kyari?
Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by NwaliE01: 9:52pm On Mar 11, 2020
Trouble is not for me. My family and I are exempted from the course.

1 Like

Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by JetStar: 9:54pm On Mar 11, 2020
oz4real83:
The price keeps crashing at the international market but remains the same in the Nigerian market while the FG keeps paying fictitious subsidies even renowned economics professors won't be able to explain. This is Nigeria lipsrsealed

you get sense? You thinks say Nigerian market na one thing for crude oil. Your govt. dey complain say dem they subsidize petroleum products and you nor fit get sense understand say dem nor dey make moni from crude oil sales in Nigerian market. FYI na international sales nai dey give naija the needed foreign exchange wen dem dey use take power their economy.
Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by israelmao(m): 9:57pm On Mar 11, 2020
This shows that our economy is still at mono level in term of economy in spite of rhetorics and much-talked-about polyproduct economy.(diversification).

1 Like

Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by grandpoh(m): 9:59pm On Mar 11, 2020
Forget the bashing.
Can we just look at the issue raised constructively...

1 Like

Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by newoffer: 9:59pm On Mar 11, 2020
Davash222:
Na you and your family dey for trouble not me!

Seriously. Make we suffer so that all the money wey una steal go dry
Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by GeneralPula: 10:00pm On Mar 11, 2020
Yankee101:
Convert your savings to dollars everyone

Why ma’am?
Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by JayPeeOham: 10:03pm On Mar 11, 2020
I thought the banishment of SANUSI was supposed to better the Nigerian economy undecided
Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by Deicide: 10:04pm On Mar 11, 2020
Something has been bothering me, How is Nigeria as a country going to pay of it's debt, if we no longer have oil? we come back to Agriculture? We go suffer for this con3 no be small it's just a matter of time.

1 Like

Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by bluefilm: 10:05pm On Mar 11, 2020
Nothing like hardship for me.

I will simply get my Italian visa and port to Italy one time.

Oh wait... Italy don cast o!

I don die. cry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by ttobizz(m): 10:09pm On Mar 11, 2020
[quote author=budaatum post=87359817]
Don't mind you. He should be farming, and manufacturing, and producing because he is the President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, while you are diversifying on Nairaland.[/quote

Sharap dia elders are talking
Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by Stallion93(m): 10:10pm On Mar 11, 2020
Politicians are covered because they already have hardship allowance in place. The common man suffers everything

2 Likes

Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by Nobody: 10:11pm On Mar 11, 2020
Smiling.
Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by budaatum: 10:15pm On Mar 11, 2020
Urchman200:
what is wrong with what he said ? I thought is the responsibility of a government have an economic policy?has the reverse become the case? I want to believe that most of u doing this zomby wk are intelligent too,maybe the people will chart an economic policy so that Buhari and his gowns can follow, in a bid to support this government u must sound stupid seriously.
Is government going to harvest my bitter leaf and transport it abroad and sell it for dollars for me? Or is my transporting my bitter leaf abroad and selling it for dollars not me diversifying?

Sorry I sound stupid to you. You are the one waiting on government like a zombie though while I'm just selling bitter leaf abroad, for dollars and pounds and euros, with no government input, mind.
Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by budaatum: 10:17pm On Mar 11, 2020
ttobizz:
Sharap dia elders are talking.
And who, I wonder, said you, pickin, could talk when we your elders are talking?
Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by Jaqenhghar: 10:24pm On Mar 11, 2020
Niggeria is already in trouble. What is that fool yammering about? Nothing will change
Re: Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash by Jaqenhghar: 10:25pm On Mar 11, 2020
Deicide:
Something has been bothering me, How is Nigeria as a country going to pay of it's debt, if we no longer have oil? we come back to Agriculture? We go suffer for this con3 no be small it's just a matter of time.
Shey una dey laff people when run comot. Just pray that this corona nonsense passes over quickly

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Taught they said this Man was brutal / Governor Fayose's 55th Birthday Cake (Photo) / Joshua Dariye Begs Adebukola Banjoko: "Show Mercy. The Prisons Are Congested’'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.