Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,416 members, 7,819,495 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus (18608 Views)

Bringing C. Ronaldo Back Was The Wrong Decision- Ex-man United Boss Solskjaer / Ligue 1 Season Is Over As No Games Will Be Allowed In France Until September / Anthony Joshua's Close Friends Die Of Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by ogbiwa: 5:56am On Mar 12, 2020
Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says he will "understand" if the season is cut short because of coronavirus.

The disease has had an impact on sporting events across the world with United's Europa League last-16 first leg at LASK among those affected.

The Austrian government has limited those who can attend Thursday's game to 500 people.

"It's up to the experts to decide," Solskjaer said.

"I would understand yes, under the circumstances [if the season was to be cut short].

"The main concern must be the health of the general public and the decision that will be made we'll back."

A number of European club competition fixtures will be played behind closed doors this week, while the Europa League fixtures between Sevilla and Roma, and Inter Milan and Getafe, have been postponed.

"Of course, these are difficult circumstances - not just for football, but in the whole society," Solskjaer added.

"For us, we just have to do what we're told and get on with the game if the authorities think that's what we should do. We are going to have to create our own atmosphere within the team, within the game.

"They are used to training with no spectators anyway and we do have some behind-closed-doors friendlies at times.

"I am in no doubt that my players are focused and ready to perform, even if there are no spectators there."

United released a statement on Wednesday saying that once they return to Old Trafford "all home matches are currently scheduled to go ahead as planned".

Solskjaer also added that none of his players had been tested for coronavirus and he was unaware of any plans to play the second leg against LASK behind closed doors in Manchester.
1https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51844660

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by chatinent: 6:17am On Mar 12, 2020
The disease wants to end soccer.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by 21cents: 6:28am On Mar 12, 2020
lol. in his bloody dreams.grin

worse come to worst, it shall be completed behind closed doors like PSG Dortmund yesterday as Liverpool needs only 3 wins to wrap EPL up this season.

he should dream on. and BTW, I didn't bother reading the whole story.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by Nobody: 7:04am On Mar 12, 2020
i will understand too. na health and safety be d koko. football go continue any other time

7 Likes

Re: Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by lyriclekidd(m): 7:05am On Mar 12, 2020
Me too

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by Kiddinpoh(m): 7:05am On Mar 12, 2020
Fair enough

2 Likes

Re: Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by Nobody: 7:05am On Mar 12, 2020
21cents:

worse come to worst, it shall be completed behind closed doors like PSG Dortmund yesterday as Liverpool needs only 3 wins to wrap EPL up this season.

na u be the league chairman abi?
Una sabi type rubbish for dis forum sha. people wey dey run d league day in, day out dey talk, 21cents sef dey give him opinion from upper iweka or ogbomosho

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by Yankiss(m): 7:05am On Mar 12, 2020
It's really challenging to play without spectators grin grin No fans to cheer, no body to impress except the will to win and dominate. Can this affect individual and club performances? How will revenue from empty stadia meet the high sponsorship of sports?? These are trying times indeed.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by massinola(m): 7:06am On Mar 12, 2020
Of course

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by oluwasegun007(m): 7:06am On Mar 12, 2020
Am sure you are happy....

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by Philinho(m): 7:06am On Mar 12, 2020
Just wait and end up in 5th possible cos the season will continue

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by Philinho(m): 7:06am On Mar 12, 2020
Just wait and end up in 5th possible cos the season will continue

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by YesNo(m): 7:06am On Mar 12, 2020
Yes u should understand

cos over 50 thousand people getting the virus in the stadium within 90 minutes of shouting & singing & hugging .... is not a joke

8 Likes

Re: Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by money121(m): 7:07am On Mar 12, 2020
Ok

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by Edu3Again: 7:08am On Mar 12, 2020
Buhari no wan travel again?

20 Likes

Re: Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by adioolayi(m): 7:08am On Mar 12, 2020
Anti Liverpool! Abeg, allow Liverpool carry EPL oooo...dem don lose other things...that's the only hope for this season...they need it badly.

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by lastmessenger: 7:08am On Mar 12, 2020
21cents:

two actually.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by Alamu1111: 7:08am On Mar 12, 2020
C Wetin China don cost the world now chaii

4 Likes

Re: Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by Nobody: 7:11am On Mar 12, 2020
.. Just like loserfool fan understands ATM better now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by 12345baba(m): 7:11am On Mar 12, 2020
Edu3Again:
Buhari no wan travel again?
I done dey think am too o

4 Likes

Re: Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by Tunadexy(m): 7:12am On Mar 12, 2020
This corona virus thing is actually becoming a serious thing but we're seeming to be insensitive. In my opinion, I think all football activities should be suspended for now. It wouldn't be surprising if the next victim to be announced is a world known person. This is when we will understand. undecided undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by bikerboy1(m): 7:12am On Mar 12, 2020
The damages this virus will cause is better not imagined.

I only pray for a cure, soon!!!

2 Likes

Re: Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by 0m0nnakoda: 7:12am On Mar 12, 2020
Inconclusive grin
We understand in Nigeria
Liverpool ha makate?
Re: Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by Sonnobax15(m): 7:13am On Mar 12, 2020
lipsrsealed Hope this isn't coming as an excuse to vindicate man. United's inability to stay long in the top4.....

1 Like

Re: Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by Nobody: 7:13am On Mar 12, 2020
The epl should be cancelled indefinitely... They should start afresh when COVID-19 is over....

Anything for liverpool not to win the league.grin

3 Likes

Re: Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by helinues: 7:13am On Mar 12, 2020
Ok
Re: Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by bluefilm: 7:14am On Mar 12, 2020
You will understand wetin?

This guyman no wan make liverpool carry the cup.

Unfortunately, liverpool is the undisputed champion already.

25 points gap lead at the top no be moi moi na.

Solkjear abeg carry your bad belle go sit on shît.

Idîot. angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Solskjaer: I Would Understand If The Season Is Cut Short Because Of Coronavirus by Perfecttouchade: 7:15am On Mar 12, 2020
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Forecloses Involvement In Bash Ali’s Novelty Bout / Juventus Appoint Massimiliano Allegri As Manager / Erik Ten Hag Appointment As New Man United Manager Is At Final Stages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.